IGNORED

Razing Ruth Hangs it Up

contrary

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck to you, Ruth. I hope you keep the blog up, even if you don't intend to publish updates. Think of how much it might help someone who was in your shoes years ago, to see how far you've come. And on your own, too. Very proud of you and wish you nothing but the best for the future.

She was my gateway fundie. :(

I feel like this is a TV series finale or a book; you know it HAS to end, but you still want to know more. What will happen to Ruth? Will she ever get a job in a library? Will she get married? Where does she end up? Does her family ever accept her?

I will miss your blogging, Ruth! Keep us updated here at FJ.

She was my gateway fundie. :(

I feel like this is a TV series finale or a book; you know it HAS to end, but you still want to know more. What will happen to Ruth? Will she ever get a job in a library? Will she get married? Where does she end up? Does her family ever accept her?

I will miss your blogging, Ruth! Keep us updated here at FJ.

Yes!! And then we're all gonna beg for a made-for-TV movie, at the very least, so we can have some closure and see the happy ending (or at least, that's what I always hope for when a show I like ends). :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

Love and hugs to RR! I admire her strength and courage to do all the things she did. I admire the fact that somehow, even in that horrible environment, that she always was kind and empathetic to others, from what I could see. Her story should be a reminder to us on FJ, of the humanity behind the patriarchy and how fucked up fundies can be, and the hope that should always exist.

Thanks Ruth, for being so open. We're here if you ever feel like snarking. Keeping you in the light. Go forth and conquer!

She also came and read here I see.

That was probably not so very easy. She appears to have made her own way. I would like to think that Ruth and her blog were the genuine thing. I really can see no reason for her to be other than who she said..I know that has been an issue. Because you know all you ..deadly folks were SOOO right she was making millions from all those donations and blog clicks. Who knows? Save a fundie exile? Seems ideal until they need money. (sarcasm)

Good Luck Ruth.

She hated us and our attention so much that she was a regular poster at yuku. :roll:

And what a stereotype--a few people here had doubts and others believed her wholeheartedly. Nice to be handslapped for something I did not do, for something even Ruth understood.

She hated us and our attention so much that she was a regular poster at yuku. :roll:

And what a stereotype--a few people here had doubts and others believed her wholeheartedly. Nice to be handslapped for something I did not do, for something even Ruth understood.

and it is a helluva assumption that those of us with doubts didn't donate.

She also came and read here I see.

That was probably not so very easy. She appears to have made her own way. I would like to think that Ruth and her blog were the genuine thing. I really can see no reason for her to be other than who she said..I know that has been an issue. Because you know all you ..deadly folks were SOOO right she was making millions from all those donations and blog clicks. Who knows? Save a fundie exile? Seems ideal until they need money. (sarcasm)

Good Luck Ruth.

I didn't even believe her story, so I was not about to donate.

I know there hasn't been much activity from Ruth since the rapture but I do hope she is still reading here and continues posting, even if not to "update" on her life. I thought her entry today was awesome and truly a giant step forward - it's so difficult to say "That background is not defining anymore."

I still remember the first time I found her blog. I read it all in a day and have followed it since. I'm sad for her that her sister went back to ATI, I got the sense she might kind of think she did something wrong. I hope she continues to grow and gets everything she deserves and dreams of. Good luck with everything, Ruth!

Ruth was one-third of my favorite term paper. Wishing her all the best, though I'm sorry I won't be able to follow up with her if I choose to expand the research for my master's thesis someday. :)

Ruth was one-third of my favorite term paper. Wishing her all the best, though I'm sorry I won't be able to follow up with her if I choose to expand the research for my master's thesis someday. :)

One of my more interesting term papers was about equal parts Botkinettes and Anna T. My poor mind was bleeding trying to make sense of it. Razing Ruth would have been great for contrast.

I'm new to Ruths blog and FJ. I just read most of her story and saw all of her jerk of a fathers commenting. Someone in the comment section of her blog mentioned "Adam" posted there. Does anyone know which posts? I'd love to read his delusional side of things.

and it is a helluva assumption that those of us with doubts didn't donate.

It is also a 'helluva' an assumption to interpret that any part of that post was about either of you.

It was an actual reference to one of her own blog posts where she discussed that others questioned her.

I was aware she posted here, but also that she posted elsewhere.

The only assumption I made was to believe her blog which I guess is is an individual choice. I could not give a toss who did or did not donate except to reiterate I doubt she got rich over it. The reference to her reading here was again in relation to her upbringing must have been, whilst educational and hopefully helpful quite distressing I would have thought to see your whole life had been so .......controlled? Insert your own word.

I'm tempted to be rude. But I will resist.

It is also a 'helluva' an assumption to interpret that any part of that post was about either of you.

It was an actual reference to one of her own blog posts where she discussed that others questioned her.

I was aware she posted here, but also that she posted elsewhere.

The only assumption I made was to believe her blog which I guess is is an individual choice. I could not give a toss who did or did not donate except to reiterate I doubt she got rich over it. The reference to her reading here was again in relation to her upbringing must have been, whilst educational and hopefully helpful quite distressing I would have thought to see your whole life had been so .......controlled? Insert your own word.

I'm tempted to be rude. But I will resist.

I did not assume it was about me.

And you were already rude, so go one.

I did not assume it was about me.

And you were already rude, so go one.

We shall have to agree to differ on the definition of rude I see :)

I hope that Ellie can someday know her bio mother. My kids are all adopted, the need to connect with one's mother is a deep need for many adoptees. I also thought there was some degree of openness in the adoption. We can never overlook the importance of birth parents. So much of who we are is genetic. The first time I meet my younger son's mother I felt like I'd always known her. As I thought about it it was because the son we share is so much like her. Ellie deserves to know her mother and the decision to know her should be hers alone, and no one else's.

I still believe Ruth's sister may leave again when she's stronger.

In the mean time, it sounds like her bio-aunt part will be available to answer questions Ellie may have (Ruth's still in touch with Ellie's family).

I feel very sorry for Rachel. My guess is everyone in her life is telling her to pretend that time she left (and the baby) never happened. She's going to try her best to keep sweet, but that kind of thing can eat away at you.

I congratulate Ruth on her decision to be something beyond former-ATI, and since that was the blog's purpose, the blog is done. I'm hoping one day her blog will be revised by a younger sibling who decided to leave and is staying with Ruth. :)

In the mean time, it sounds like her bio-aunt part will be available to answer questions Ellie may have (Ruth's still in touch with Ellie's family).

I feel very sorry for Rachel. My guess is everyone in her life is telling her to pretend that time she left (and the baby) never happened. She's going to try her best to keep sweet, but that kind of thing can eat away at you.

I congratulate Ruth on her decision to be something beyond former-ATI, and since that was the blog's purpose, the blog is done. I'm hoping one day her blog will be revised by a younger sibling who decided to leave and is staying with Ruth. :)

Ruth has mentioned a sister younger than Rachel - I forget what the name was, but that sister would be in her mid teens by now. So I'm hoping that escape can happen in the near future. I think having more than one sibling on the outside will help any escapes, and Ruth's blog will still be there for young girls who want out and realize that there is a way. Ruth can also be Ellie's connection to her bio family if Rachel never truly gives up the fundie lifestyle. I wish Ruth all the best in the future, and after reading her entire blog, I hope she will remain the happy independent woman her father would never have allowed her to become.

Archived