IGNORED

Razing Ruth Hangs it Up

contrary

Based on today's blog post, it looks like Ruth is hanging up the blogging thing. Among other reasons, she no longer feels like she's "the girl who left ATI", which is a good thing.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since she started it to help her therapy it sounds like it has done what it was supposed to do and she is now able to move on with her life. I hope that little Ellie has a safe, happy life with her two mommys and never is exposed to her biological mother or the ATI lifestyle.

I am really sorry to read that Ruth is going to stop blogging. I love reading her posts and with everyone I am more and more greatful for the life that I have and was given by my parents. I have to say that the post of hers that really got to me was the one about her period and how her father/ "darth daddy" expected her to announce it on the calander in front of everyone.

I am really happy that her neice is going to have a good life far far away from the lifestyle that Ruth and her sisters were raised in. Granted I am sure Rachel is very sad to be away from her child, but her child is getting the much better life, I also wonder if little "Elle" would have been shunned because people would know how she got into this world.

Based on today's blog post, it looks like Ruth is hanging up the blogging thing. Among other reasons, she no longer feels like she's "the girl who left ATI", which is a good thing.

Razing Ruth's blog is how I found FJ. Sooo happy that she's doing well.

My only thoughts are that finding her blog for girls in ATI could be an enormous encouragement - but Ruth certainly doesn't have an obligation that way. I do hope she will post updates once in awhile. I very much respect and admire her journey.

Aaaawww, I just read her entire blog (for the first time) last month!!! But I hope this means she has more confidence in herself to do whatever she wants in life. Go, girl!

I enjoyed her blog, but I certainly don't blame her for quitting.

As she pointed out, she's no longer the girl from ATI. While this will always be an aspect of herself, it is no longer the most salient to others. She is more than that. And at this stage, she seems to consider herself more than that.

Furthermore, her life as a constant published narrative is probably not a very healthy one. Going through your day thinking how you are going to explain this to your audience, what they will feel about this decision, should you do this and will they want to know about it, would be pretty cumbersome. It could lead you to make decisions you wouldn't ordinarily make, second guess the ones you did and/or place your priorities where they shouldn't be. That's interesting to think about for anyone publicizing their life in some form.

In any event, I wish her all the best.

Furthermore, her life as a constant published narrative is probably not a very healthy one. Going through your day thinking how you are going to explain this to your audience, what they will feel about this decision, should you do this and will they want to know about it, would be pretty cumbersome. It could lead you to make decisions you wouldn't ordinarily make, second guess the ones you did and/or place your priorities where they shouldn't be. That's interesting to think about for anyone publicizing their life in some form.
This. I blogged for a few months when I was transitioning from IFB to Catholic. I posted a few random things after my confirmation, but haven't really touched it since, for that very reason.

Hear, hear!

Since she started it to help her therapy it sounds like it has done what it was supposed to do and she is now able to move on with her life. I hope that little Ellie has a safe, happy life with her two mommys and never is exposed to her biological mother or the ATI lifestyle.

I hope that Ellie can someday know her bio mother. My kids are all adopted, the need to connect with one's mother is a deep need for many adoptees. I also thought there was some degree of openness in the adoption. We can never overlook the importance of birth parents. So much of who we are is genetic. The first time I meet my younger son's mother I felt like I'd always known her. As I thought about it it was because the son we share is so much like her. Ellie deserves to know her mother and the decision to know her should be hers alone, and no one else's.

I still believe Ruth's sister may leave again when she's stronger.

I enjoyed her blog, but I certainly don't blame her for quitting.

As she pointed out, she's no longer the girl from ATI. While this will always be an aspect of herself, it is no longer the most salient to others. She is more than that. And at this stage, she seems to consider herself more than that.

She also came and read here I see.

That was probably not so very easy. She appears to have made her own way. I would like to think that Ruth and her blog were the genuine thing. I really can see no reason for her to be other than who she said..I know that has been an issue. Because you know all you ..deadly folks were SOOO right she was making millions from all those donations and blog clicks. Who knows? Save a fundie exile? Seems ideal until they need money. (sarcasm)

Good Luck Ruth.

She also came and read here I see.

That was probably not so very easy. She appears to have made her own way. I would like to think that Ruth and her blog were the genuine thing. I really can see no reason for her to be other than who she said..I know that has been an issue. Because you know all you ..deadly folks were SOOO right she was making millions from all those donations and blog clicks. Who knows? Save a fundie exile? Seems ideal until they need money. (sarcasm)

Good Luck Ruth.

I do believe she was genuine. The problem is (and I've experienced this when blogging myself), you often see events in your life not only as something that happened to you, but as something that you have to communicate in some way to a ton of people you've never met. I'm not speaking of embellishment so much as keeping "the masses" constantly in mind. There comes a point in some when you have to focus more on yourself and take back that bit you gave to the audience. I do think she did a ton of good with her blog and I think it helped her as well at the time. Maybe she'll consider blogging again when things even out for her a bit more.

Archived