IGNORED

Cheryl= Pregnant again

Koala

:(

and :?

Haley had seen me go into the bathroom. When she went in and saw the box with the test in the trash, she thought I hadn't been in there long enough to wait for the results, so she pulled the test out to examine it for herself. Negative. Sigh. "Just hang on; it'll be okay," she sensed in her spirit. She lay the test on the back of the toilet, thinking she would check it again in a few minutes, just to make sure, but she forgot about it.

and :roll:

So this is the true story of how our children had to tell their parents that they are expecting again.

She found out while doing another juice fast.

I asked Terry to pick up a test, just to calm my concerns. If I were to be pregnant, I certainly wouldn't want to harm our baby with toxins from fasting!

I thought the point of fasting was to get rid of toxins? I guess it's hard to be consistent when you are making up crap as you go along.

Fuck. Poor child being brought into that family.

I'm confused. If she got pregnant during the juice fast, why did she recently make a post saying "OMG WHAT IF I NEVER HAVE ANOTHER CHILD!?!"

ETA: Never mind, I misunderstood. And haven't read the post yet.

One time, I had a negative pregnancy test. I decided to check it again later just out of curiosity, and it read positive. The box warned not to wait TOO long to check as it could give a false result (I was not, in fact, pregnant at that time).

Maybe this was a false positive from waiting too long. Has she seen a doctor? (I didn't read the post. Is there a link?)

She found out while doing another juice fast.

I thought the point of fasting was to get rid of toxins? I guess it's hard to be consistent when you are making up crap as you go along.

Actually, fasting does (or can) increase the acidity in your blood and doing this while pregnant isn't good for the baby. My pregnancy book, "The Well Pregnancy Book" didn't specifically address fasting, but did caution women to eat regularly so as to prevent the blood from becooming too acidic.

Whether or not this is perfectly true, I don't know, but I do know that there is this school of thought out there.

(it concerned me a bit for both mother and baby when Anna T fasted while pregnant with Tehila)

One time, I had a negative pregnancy test. I decided to check it again later just out of curiosity, and it read positive. The box warned not to wait TOO long to check as it could give a false result (I was not, in fact, pregnant at that time).

Maybe this was a false positive from waiting too long. Has she seen a doctor? (I didn't read the post. Is there a link?)

Oh, please, please, please! :pray:

Now that you've written that, it does seem like a distinct possibility. No mention of a second test or follow up with medical professional yet.

Link: treasuresfromashoebox.blogspot.com/

She took a second test and it was positive.

And I can't get over her daughter pulling a peed on stick from the trash can. That's the kind of a gross thing my dog might do. That a person considered it is just...ugh.

Oh please don't let J'chelle read this. She's what, 46? Time enough for another blessing there as Cheryl is 48.

Did I read that right? She's 48 and announcing a pregnancy days after the test turned? Has she read anything about the miscarriage risk or she'll milk the miscarriage for all it's worth if it happens?

Did I read that right? She's 48 and announcing a pregnancy days after the test turned? Has she read anything about the miscarriage risk or she'll milk the miscarriage for all it's worth if it happens?

I was thinking the same thing. I would at *least* wait till the 2nd trimester to make any announcements if (oh please no!) I got pregnant at 48. Hell I'm 39 and I think I'd still be very selective about who I told this early if I were to get pregnant. Which I will not be doing unless something really really weird happens. No reversal babies here!!

I kept reading and she's already had several miscarriages!

I read her "accidental abortion" story and I'm left wondering about that. I've had a tubal pregnancy and had it removed, but I didn't have a D&C thrown in extra beforehand. Why would they do a D&C before examining or removing the expected tubal pregnancy? Is or was that normal or standard? I think she said it was 1987 or so.

Good grief, why can't any of these people write like a normal person?

"Haley had seen me go into the bathroom. When she went in and saw the box with the test in the trash, she thought I hadn't been in there long enough to wait for the results, so she pulled the test out to examine it for herself. Negative. Sigh. "Just hang on; it'll be okay," she sensed in her spirit. She lay the test on the back of the toilet, thinking she would check it again in a few minutes, just to make sure, but she forgot about it."

1. What was going to "be okay"? Your daughter seriously was so distraught over the thought that a pee stick test didn't show that you were pregnant for umpteeth time - mind you, that you're 48 years old, have ten children, and the odds are stacked against you (no judgment, I'm speaking just about basic math here)??

2. What the hell does "she sensed in her spirit" mean? What's with the flowery language? It's akin to Miss Raquel talking about her "messy braid" and being "propped up against my four comfy pillows". Sigh.

I feel so terrible for her fetus. The BEST it can hope for is a brainwashed life of misery.

After what she did to her daughter, she should have been steralized. Horrible wretch if a woman.

I feel so terrible for her fetus. The BEST it can hope for is a brainwashed life of misery.

After what she did to her daughter, she should have been steralized. Horrible wretch if a woman.

What did she do to her daughter?

I kept reading and she's already had several miscarriages!

I read her "accidental abortion" story and I'm left wondering about that. I've had a tubal pregnancy and had it removed, but I didn't have a D&C thrown in extra beforehand. Why would they do a D&C before examining or removing the expected tubal pregnancy? Is or was that normal or standard? I think she said it was 1987 or so.

Link please!?

It is so flowery and the bit about PP pushing for an abortion reads as fiction to me.

Yes, it reeks of BS to me too! Of coarse, any fundie worth their salt would relay that story as the "hags of PP who tried to force me into an abortion!" when it was probably some very nice volunteers discussing her choices with her.

Yes, it reeks of BS to me too! Of coarse, any fundie worth their salt would relay that story as the "hags of PP who tried to force me into an abortion!" when it was probably some very nice volunteers discussing her choices with her.

It seems if not completely fabricated, a very bizarre interpretation of events. Yes, the counselors at PP (if she even went there) probably talked with her about her situation to get a read on what she was thinking and help her with whatever her decision was. It makes perfect sense to refer out to an OB if there are symptoms which may reflect an ectopic pregnancy. However ... why would they do a D&C when removing a tube? Why would they do a tube removal without doing an ultrasound or verifying the location of the pregnancy? Why did no one appear to explain to her that a tubal pregnancy is ALWAYS fatal to the fetus, and can kill the mother?

ETA: Why does she seem to not understand the basics about human reproduction, such as where the zygote implants is where it stays? There's no "moving the baby down"? I wish there was - I've seen the devastation of discovering a tubal pregnancy for a planned and wanted pregnancy. But, damn, for someone hell bent on reproduction, she should have a better sense of the basics.

It seems if not completely fabricated, a very bizarre interpretation of events. Yes, the counselors at PP (if she even went there) probably talked with her about her situation to get a read on what she was thinking and help her with whatever her decision was. It makes perfect sense to refer out to an OB if there are symptoms which may reflect an ectopic pregnancy. However ... why would they do a D&C when removing a tube? Why would they do a tube removal without doing an ultrasound or verifying the location of the pregnancy? Why did no one appear to explain to her that a tubal pregnancy is ALWAYS fatal to the fetus, and can kill the mother?

ETA: Why does she seem to not understand the basics about human reproduction, such as where the zygote implants is where it stays? There's no "moving the baby down"? I wish there was - I've seen the devastation of discovering a tubal pregnancy for a planned and wanted pregnancy. But, damn, for someone hell bent on reproduction, she should have a better sense of the basics.

I had wondered about the D&C, too. They wouldn't need to do a D&C if they thought it was tubal.

If you have to get glasses and find the best lighting just to read the pregnancy test, maybe it's a sign from God you're too old to have kids even if your tired ovary (her word, not mine) is still spitting out eggs.

Edit because I do know how to construct a sentence properly.

:? I would have had to get glasses and find the best lighting since before my ovaries even STARTED spitting out eggs. But it's good to know you think at ten I was too old to have a baby. Bad eyesight isn't always related to age.

I had wondered about the D&C, too. They wouldn't need to do a D&C if they thought it was tubal.

This all is supposed to have happened in 1987, so I don't know what medical technology was like then. Ultrasound machines keep getting better resolution as time goes on, but I don't know what they could detect in the late 80s. Today, it's possible to have an ectopic or an intra-uterine pregnancy that is too early to detect by ultrasound. If you had a low B-hCG quantitative blood test--if you knew there was a low level of the pregnancy hormone in the blood--you would know if looking with an ultrasound would be less useful because the pregnancy would most likely be too small to see--you wouldn't be able to see it in the uterus or the tubes. Another thing is, the B-hCG is supposed to rise at a certain rate--if it rises too slowly, that indicates either an ectopic or an abnormal intra-uterine pregnancy. If it falls, that indicates a miscarriage. So if you have abnormal B-hCG rate of rise you don't necessarily need an ultrasound to prove the pregnancy is abnormal.

So you can have a situation where the rate of rise is too slow--because both an abnormal intra-uterine pregnancy and an ectopic pregnancy can cause this, you don't know based on that blood test which it is. And if the blood test is too low/the pregnancy, wherever it is, is too small for you to see anything by ultrasound, you can't tell where it is by ultrasound--you can't say it's not in the uterus just because you don't see anything in the uterus. But an abnormal intra-uterine pregnancy that is having too slow of a rise of B-hCG is not viable--it's a pregnancy that will eventually miscarry, but you've caught it before it actually stopped growing. It's not a situation as dangerous as an ectopic pregnancy, but it will still never result in a live infant. If they didn't know which pregnancy was going on but were afraid someone would rupture soon (or, I guess in the 1980s, you had to do surgeries on all ectopic pregnancies because medication-only therapy wasn't available?) you could have both a D&C and surgery. The D&C would be to test for the presence of an intra-uterine pregnancy--because you need to be able to somewhat locate the pregnancy. If it wasn't seen in the tubes, and it also wasn't in the uterus, you would need to look for an ectopic pregnancy in the abdominal cavity, because that is also dangerous. But you would also have the D&C because the pregnancy, wherever it is, is nonviable.

One thing that's weird about her story is that she seems to see the OB in an office and then goes home for the night with this pain? But if they were afraid she had an ectopic that was so big it was stretching the tube and causing pain, it seems like they would hospitalize her to watch for a rupture of the fallopian tube. I mean, maybe if she were in a lot of pain and they were like, oh goodness this lady has a terrible ectopic pregnancy we should do surgery without waiting for a full workup I can see how something could be missed. But I don't think it was like, "We think you could bleed to death at any minute, OK have a good night's sleep at home!"

And also having one ovary removed doesn't decrease your fertility by 50%.

Archived