IGNORED

Tim Tebow He's Looking For 'Girl With A Servant's Heart"

doggie

It is super annoying how Tebow acts like he has the patent on being a Christian in the NFL. A LOT of athletes are very religious, but pretty quiet about it. Just thinking about the team I follow, a beloved former QB took on his church on Prop 8, a promising player quit after his first year to become a minister, and a coach who famously lives a life so centered on football he wears the same outfit every day to avoid wasting time getting dressed took time out at the beginning of training camp to privately do a foreign service mission.

Oh, and pretty much every person of Pacific Islander origin in the NFL is a Mormon who served a mission. I know that because Steve Young mentioned it in passing on a radio show once when asked about BYU's overseas recruiting, though he always seems uncomfortable talking about his religion.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be honest, even before hearing of FJ I already know about and hated TB. He was 1 of those celebrities that embarassed the sane people in your religious group, ya know what I mean?

I'm a Christian but I don't go overboard like he does. I like a good beer, swear like a sailor, and have lustful thoughts just like everyone else. I admit I sin every day and I believe that Jesus died for me. Amen.

I haven't read all of the pages in this topic but I wanted to put in my quick two cents about Tebow.

I have met him a few times when he was in college and I was a cheerleader for my college at football games where we played UF and he basically just left me very confused about how I felt about him. Even then he was considered God's gift to Gainesville and was very into charity and mission work and was SUPER strict about "female interaction," I saw him refuse to take pictures with girls who were dressed too skimpy. Overall he seemed like a generally nice person who just might mean all of the stuff he preaches but my cynic self coupled with him playing for my rival made me just not really like him.

I agree with the poster who says he will marry a Christian politician's daughter - but only a pretty one. He may have been really strict about who he was photographed with but he still flirted with all the hot girls, just in a very "coy good girl" way but male lol.

Sounds like Drew Brees. That was the year I got disgusted with my home team and pulled the Saints out of a hat to root for. Good choice; they won the whole enchilada that year. He's a great example of what I was contrasting to Tebow.

Not Drew Brees, but nice guess. I was talking about Aaron Rodgers and I am still devastated about Monday night's game :cry:

A girl with a servant's heart?

Guys, guys- it's okay.

I'm pretty sure he wants a girl with a servant's heart... like... in a jar.

He just wants to make sure she's hardworking (ever cracked a ribcage before?) and not afraid to get her hand's dirty. Fine qualities in a spouse.

Feel bad for the servant though...

This is what I think of every time I hear the expression.

Then, Tom Lehrer's Masochism Tango gets stuck in my head, due to the "heart is in my hand" line:

TytGOeiW0aE

This is what I think of every time I hear the expression.

Then, Tom Lehrer's Masochism Tango gets stuck in my head, due to the "heart is in my hand" line:

TytGOeiW0aE

OT, but LOVE Tom Lehrer. :dance:

I haven't read all of the pages in this topic but I wanted to put in my quick two cents about Tebow.

I have met him a few times when he was in college and I was a cheerleader for my college at football games where we played UF and he basically just left me very confused about how I felt about him. Even then he was considered God's gift to Gainesville and was very into charity and mission work and was SUPER strict about "female interaction," I saw him refuse to take pictures with girls who were dressed too skimpy. Overall he seemed like a generally nice person who just might mean all of the stuff he preaches but my cynic self coupled with him playing for my rival made me just not really like him.

I agree with the poster who says he will marry a Christian politician's daughter - but only a pretty one. He may have been really strict about who he was photographed with but he still flirted with all the hot girls, just in a very "coy good girl" way but male lol.

Yup he will only marry the pretty daughter of a Christian politician. Other possible candidates for Tebow wives are the pretty daughters or granddaughters of televangelists.

Not Drew Brees, but nice guess. I was talking about Aaron Rodgers and I am still devastated about Monday night's game :cry:

OT: we're all devastated!! These idiot refs don't know what they're doing! And I'm devastated as a 49ers fan that the 'Hawks are tied with us.

On topic: did y'all see when Sanchez threw to Tebow and the ball hit him on the head (well, helmet, but close enough). That brought me joy. I guess no one "up there" was watching over him

OT: we're all devastated!! These idiot refs don't know what they're doing! And I'm devastated as a 49ers fan that the 'Hawks are tied with us.

On topic: did y'all see when Sanchez threw to Tebow and the ball hit him on the head (well, helmet, but close enough). That brought me joy. I guess no one "up there" was watching over him

Good to see a fellow Niners fan on the board here. I pissed too about Seatttle being tied with us. I bet Sanchez is annoyed with Timmy boy for different reasons. At the NFL level Sanchez is a better QB than Timmy boy. I think USC at least better prepares football players for the NFL.

Aaron's awesome. Doesn't hurt that we share the same alma mater. :mrgreen:

As for the former beloved QB who took on Prop 8 AND HIS OWN CHURCH, Steve Young (7th generation descendent of the big guy) gained my undying respect. He's also a lawyer and used his knowledge to rightly separate church and state in that issue.

I was a bit surprised when Steve Young and his wife took own prop 8. I remember years ago, Steve was heavily involved in promoting the LDS church. Over the years, I noticed he hasn't done stuff like that much.

It is super annoying how Tebow acts like he has the patent on being a Christian in the NFL. A LOT of athletes are very religious, but pretty quiet about it. Just thinking about the team I follow, a beloved former QB took on his church on Prop 8, a promising player quit after his first year to become a minister, and a coach who famously lives a life so centered on football he wears the same outfit every day to avoid wasting time getting dressed took time out at the beginning of training camp to privately do a foreign service mission.

Oh, and pretty much every person of Pacific Islander origin in the NFL is a Mormon who served a mission. I know that because Steve Young mentioned it in passing on a radio show once when asked about BYU's overseas recruiting, though he always seems uncomfortable talking about his religion.

I used to be in the military, and on my way home from a deployment to AF, I ended up sitting next to two former major league baseball players who were now doing sports missionary work. They went to AF to do morale work through the USO I think, but they were players that I had heard of growing up (we are BIG baseball fans in my family) and I had never heard they were Christians before this. They gave me a bunch of signed baseball cards, and both of them wrote a nice message to my dad on a card. It's not unusual at all to be a practicing Christian or Catholic Christian or Mormon in professional sports. But according to Tim Tebow, he's practically the only one. *eyeroll*

Why do football players have to broadcast their religion anyway? By all means, show the world that you've a softer side by publicising your charity work (can't say I agree with that but as long as people are genuinely being helped, publicise away), but stop with the silly religious stuff. I'd be furious if my favourite players started with the Jesus this, Jesus that rubbish. I'm trying to imagine one of them celebrating a try with a prayer and... am totally laughing.

Frankly, I think if any of my team's players went crazy Jesus on us, there'd be a long line of supporters down at the club to slap them around. As it bloody well should be.

Good to see a fellow Niners fan on the board here. I pissed too about Seatttle being tied with us. I bet Sanchez is annoyed with Timmy boy for different reasons. At the NFL level Sanchez is a better QB than Timmy boy. I think USC at least better prepares football players for the NFL.

Yay!!!! :obscene-drinkingcheers: Go NINERS!

SNIP

I've been a packers fan for over 50 years. I was gobsmacked by the game Monday night. The Pop Warner teams need their refs back. God what a fiasco.

Tim will be around for a few years and then quietly fade into obscurity when he finds that he really can't play like the big boys.

I've been a packers fan for over 50 years. I was gobsmacked by the game Monday night. The Pop Warner teams need their refs back. God what a fiasco.

Tim will be around for a few years and then quietly fade into obscurity when he finds that he really can't play like the big boys.

Pop Warner's their only choice, the NFL scabs that were also refs in the Lingerie Football League have been told they are no longer welcome to officiate LFL games.

content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/09/25/lingerie-football-league-fired-nfl-replacement-officials/70001098/1#.UGO-z46ieTM

Aaron's awesome. Doesn't hurt that we share the same alma mater. :mrgreen:

As for the former beloved QB who took on Prop 8 AND HIS OWN CHURCH, Steve Young (7th generation descendent of the big guy) gained my undying respect. He's also a lawyer and used his knowledge to rightly separate church and state in that issue.

Even though I'm a Vikings fan, I do like Aaron Rodgers. Much better person than that last QB the Packers had. ;)

Archived