IGNORED

Tim Tebow He's Looking For 'Girl With A Servant's Heart"

doggie

I'm frankly surprised that any NFL team wants P. Manning after he spent all of last season nursing injuries. It's funny around here (IN) how many people are die-hard Colts fans and how many are really just Peyton fans. Suddenly they're watching the Broncos games like never before. :roll:

Just like Kurt Warner fans and Rams fans.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Tom Brady is a douce, but I think he is at least deserving of some of the praises for his work on the field, unlike Tebow. There are other QBs and players in other positions who are very talented and they don't get the media attention that Tebow gets. The Tebow hype started during his college days. The problem is that a lot of players who were great at the college level don't do well in the NFL. ESPN gave Tebow a lot of attention during his college days. A lot of Tebow's fans and supporters are people who mostly follow college football. Some college football fans tend to over hype certain players. I occasionally lurk on the message boards for pro teams and prior to the 2010 draft, many fans on those boards didn't want Tebow to be drafted to their teams.

Sounds like Drew Brees. That was the year I got disgusted with my home team and pulled the Saints out of a hat to root for. Good choice; they won the whole enchilada that year. He's a great example of what I was contrasting to Tebow.

yea- it has to be Brees. I love him.....

I wouldn't kick him out of my bed.

Me either. I'd just ask him not to talk. :)

Tim Tebow bugs me so much. He acts like he's so humble and gracious, but I just don't believe someone that broadcasts so much of their faith and charity work is someone all that humble. I much more prefer Peyton Manning and his fairly silent participation in charity work.

This. Most football players are involved in charitable work of one kind or another. For one thing, it's fairly expected, especially if you are one of the better known and higher paid players. It's PR. For most, I believe it is also heartfelt. I think Tebow is probably mostly sincere about his charitable work.

However, he's just so smug and full of himself, which is why I don't care for him and why my son and his friends mock him. We all have our belief system - I appreciate those who quietly live out their beliefs and mock those who feel it necessary to put a spotlight on their "goodness."

I know a lot of long suffering Jets fans IRL, and the nicest thing any of them has to say about Tebow is "This too, shall pass".

On a different note, I was razzing a friend of mine in Colorado that the Broncos lost this weekend because Jesus is no longer on their side.

I know a lot of long suffering Jets fans IRL, and the nicest thing any of them has to say about Tebow is "This too, shall pass".

On a different note, I was razzing a friend of mine in Colorado that the Broncos lost this weekend because Jesus is no longer on their side.

He was all right until he married Gisele.

Dumping his other supermodel wife (or was she just a g/f) to get to the Big Fish.

I've hated the guy since he was an insufferable high school QB. Raised Catholic, but I don't think he's practicing now, or really ever since he got to Michigan.

Peyton was okay until I found out he was a cheating asshole, like a LOT of these guys who come off as Christian do-gooders on the surface. Steve McNair had a LOT of people fooled with the Christian facade, but look what a mess his short life turned out to be.

Whoever mentioned Nnamdi Asomugha, he's great. He was working with at-risk kids going back to his time at Cal and sponsored at least two charaties (that I knew of) during his time on the Raiders. A class act who truly cares (in his case, it's usually causes for kids) and puts his money where his mouth is. As others mentioned, most players in all pro sports put their high-profile name on charities, but few start their own foundations (and some of those do it for the tax breaks) and take the time from their busy lives to really give back.

The deal with Tebow is, I was hearing about his African mission work while he was still in college. This is odd, because I live 3000 miles from Gainseville; I didn't even know what the kids at my university were doing and I went there. Who made him media's speshulist snowflake? Even the other Heisman candidates didn't get that kind of run (as Jim Rome would call it) on national sportsradio and ESPN; they were looked at simply as football players. I think THAT is what turned most of America off of Tebow. I was sick of the guy before he was drafted by Denver.

edit: wrong 'ville

As a long suffering Jets fan I'm proud to say that I cant stand Tebow (or Sanchez). Our QBs suck and now that Revis is gone for the season we're toast. Guess Tebow didnt pray hard enough because the Jets cant be saved. Rex banned his eye black and since he's been completely ineffective so far this season there hasnt been any kneeling in the endzone. Lets all ignore that "keeping the sabbath holy" line, Timmy, right? The meadowlands aint a church.

Players I admire: Brees, Peyton and Eli manning, Warrick Dunn, Nnamdi Asomugha, Greg Jennings, Brandon Jackson, and Pat Tillman (who gave all in a totally different way). These guys impact thousands of lives without fanfare or drawing attention to themselves or their religion.

Tom Brady can suck it because he's the douchiest douche of all douches.

/football rant]

Buzzard, all of this, except I'm a Bills fan, so any time I can point and giggle at the Jets I'm happy. It helps to distract me from the fact that the Bills haven't had a decent quarterback since I was in junior high school.

Maybe he'll wind up with one of the Duggar girls. He's rich enough to make sure that they won't have to have a lesser standard of living.

I said that about 3 pages back. Specficially, Jinger in the City.

Ah, Tebus.

One of my favorite quotes from a movie I don't like that much: "There are two types of people: those who talk the talk and those who walk the walk. Sometimes people who walk the walk also talk the talk, but most of the time they're too busy walking." Basically, Timmy, you want to be a good Christian man? Shut up and do it. Be humble. Be modest.

Also, I am nearly 100% positive that he is a virgin only in the PiV sense. I find it impossible to believe that he hasn't had girls going down on him in excess since he arrived at Florida. He'll probably end up with a girl like Lindsay, maybe one who went the sorority route in college. Beautiful, flashy, Southern, and fundie lite.

I think he'd be perfect for a Duggar girl. They'd both be vocal about the "servant's heart" bullshit, he'd keep her well-stocked with hair spray, and he wouldn't be around enough to keep her knocked up every year, if she's lucky. Plus, JimBoob would have a great time riding on the coat tails of fame. Maybe he could bond with David Waller, and together, they could eventually have an epiphany and break free, taking with them a certain Duggar boy or two who also wants to be fabulous.

I think he'd be perfect for a Duggar girl. They'd both be vocal about the "servant's heart" bullshit, he'd keep her well-stocked with hair spray, and he wouldn't be around enough to keep her knocked up every year, if she's lucky. Plus, JimBoob would have a great time riding on the coat tails of fame. Maybe he could bond with David Waller, and together, they could eventually have an epiphany and break free, taking with them a certain Duggar boy or two who also wants to be fabulous.

MrsKay, there are days with some of your posts that I think it's a damn shame that you are so busy doing this wife and mother business that you don't have time to plot world domination. ;)

Could be, to cover up the mistress he was keeping in a condo in Indy when he was still playing [well] there.

I hadn't heard anything until today about Manning having a mistress, but then I wouldn't be surprised. I googled Peyton Manning adultery and there were rumors out there him and Mrs. Manning were going to divorce and they had an open marriage. Right now they have twins boy and a girl.

I don't see Tebow with a Duggar...as someone else mentioned, they are not sophisticated enough to ba an NFL wife.

However, I totally see him with Lolo Jones (aka Ms. Virgin)

http://www.inquisitr.com/298466/virgin-diaries-lolo-jones-still-wants-to-meet-tim-tebow/

I can maybe see Lolo and Timmy getting together. If that happened I can them making the media rounds talking about purity and God and as a result annoying a ton of people. I do think Lolo would make it as an NFL wife unlike the Duggar girls. Lolo deeply understands the sports world unlike the Duggar girls and she would be the type to blend in better with the other wives. Like I said in my previous post, a Duggar girl would get ripped apart by the other wives. Little Miss Jinger can be a smug like big sister Jill. I can see her looking down on the NFL wife who had a shotgun wedding with her husband.

This. Most football players are involved in charitable work of one kind or another. For one thing, it's fairly expected, especially if you are one of the better known and higher paid players. It's PR. For most, I believe it is also heartfelt. I think Tebow is probably mostly sincere about his charitable work.

However, he's just so smug and full of himself, which is why I don't care for him and why my son and his friends mock him. We all have our belief system - I appreciate those who quietly live out their beliefs and mock those who feel it necessary to put a spotlight on their "goodness."

Believe that he is genuine about his charitable work but in spite of that, I really can't stand the guy because of the "look at me, I am such a good Christian" behavior. Really dislike the obvious praying on the field.

Don't watch much football, so can't comment on his playing but do know a friend in Denver who was more than happy to see him shipped off to the Jets.

I remember years ago some people used to get annoyed with Kurt Warner talking about religion. I think Tim Tebow is worse than Kurt Warner. Kurt Warner used to lead some of his teammates and opponents in prayer circles after the game which the media sometimes filmed or took pictures of. Kurt seemed to not shove the "Good Christian" thing as much as Tebow does.

I just remembered another possible servant's heart for Timmy, Jordin Sparks. She is dating singer Jason Derulo right now. She would be perfect Timmy, she used to wear purity ring. She is anti-abotion and her family seems to be on on evangelical spectrum. Also Jordin's dad played in the NFL, so she would be groomed right to be an NFL wife.

Some people noticed a Tebow book on the Duggar kitchen counter last week. At first I assumed it was a show of Christian solidarity, but could JB have put it there with another motive in mind? A book on Tebow could say Look Tim, I've got the girls reading up on you so you're set with the hero worship, which one looks most Godly to you?

The Duggar daughters, while they've got a lot of media exposure, aren't necessarily media savvy. They're used to having cameras everywhere when their parents set it up, not paparazzi type stalking.

Maybe he'll wind up with one of the Duggar girls. He's rich enough to make sure that they won't have to have a lesser standard of living.

My thoughts exactly. And think of the media feeding frenzy!!! That would guarantee the show a couple more years!

To be honest, even before hearing of FJ I already know about and hated TB. He was 1 of those celebrities that embarassed the sane people in your religious group, ya know what I mean?

Archived