IGNORED

Tim Tebow He's Looking For 'Girl With A Servant's Heart"

doggie

I see, you username makes it seem like you are, especially since there are several fundies on here that use names like that.

Anyway, he supports hate groups and it appears that he would have no problem taking away women's right for abortion and to stop gay marriage. All in the name of his god.

His family and he have been very vocal about how Mom was advised to abort "Timmy" due to some medical issues but that they put their faith in God and he rewarded them with this perfect little man. I believe the parents are missionaries. He may be the most wonderful man in the world but ESPN's obsession with him has soured me on him for life. He is a mediocre football player and I am sick of him being promoted.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another reason to snark on Tebow is that the fact that he sucks at the NFL level, but his fanbase doesn't see that. I feel bad for the real Jets fans who have to put with the Tebow bandwagon fans. A few months back, I kept noticing that one young woman who was constantly responding to Josh Duggar on twitter. I checked out this leghumper's twitter page and her headline read something like "Love God, fan of the Duggars and Tim Tebow. Go Jets". I laughed when I read "Go Jets", because that fangirl is only fan of the Jets because of Tebow. Tebow is likely going to have a Jon Kitna type NFL career. He was overpraised last season when the Broncos made it to the playoffs, his fans conveniently ignored the fact that the AFC West was a weak division last year and they ignored the Broncos' 8-8 regular season record.

Another reason to snark on Tebow is that the fact that he sucks at the NFL level, but his fanbase doesn't see that. I feel bad for the real Jets fans who have to put with the Tebow bandwagon fans. A few months back, I kept noticing that one young woman who was constantly responding to Josh Duggar on twitter. I checked out this leghumper's twitter page and her headline read something like "Love God, fan of the Duggars and Tim Tebow. Go Jets". I laughed when I read "Go Jets", because that fangirl is only fan of the Jets because of Tebow. Tebow is likely going to have a Jon Kitna type NFL career. He was overpraised last season when the Broncos made it to the playoffs, his fans conveniently ignored the fact that the AFC West was a weak division last year and they ignored the Broncos' 8-8 regular season record.

He's done crap so far this season. I can't imagine the Jets keeping him after this season.

It made me ill when I heard about the servant's heart bullshit. I am sooo glad the Broncos got rid of him.

If Boob did marry off one of the J'Slaves to Tebow, I can see that marriage not lasting. To start off, the Duggars live on Duggar time. Tebow as an athlete doesn't live with that kind of attitude. The J'Slave wife would be whining about not seeing her husband a lot. I don't see a J'Slave doing well when it comes to being the wife of a pro athlete.. She wouldn't blend in well with the other players' wives and girlfriends and some of them would rip her apart. The Duggars have dealt with some haters, but I don't see a J'Slave being able to cope with sports media or sports fans ripping her husband apart.

Tebow makes me see red so I usually ignore his existence, but on one level I do feel really sorry for him. As much as we talk about the damaging effects of fundie beliefs on girls, it can be even worse on guys, when they really try to follow the rules. From the little I know about him it seems like Tebow does try and it has really stunted him in every way. Combined with the amount of adulation he gets constantly making him think he is hot stuff, he is at some point in his life going to have a huge, messy shock when he bangs into real life.

All of this. Tebow's a terrible QB at the NFL level and the way he plays is going to land him on the disabled list. Also, as a Bengals fan, I was thrilled to see Kitna go. What a waste of time.

I am an American football fan. In fact, my team's Quarter Back is very Christian but he doesn't need to write bible verses on his eye black or kneel in prayer after every touchdown. He does charity work and is very involved in the community. He does not shove his Christianity in everyone's face, doesn't feel the need to begin every press conference with "I'd like to thank my lord and savior Jesus Christ" and, most importantly he can actually throw the ball with a degree of accuracy. He has won a Superbowl, a Superbowl MVP, and nobody on here probably knows who he is unless they follow the sport. I am so sick of everyone pushing Tebow and talking about what a great role model he is. He is not a great role model. A great role model leads by example, doesn't get in trouble, and lives his/her life doing good things without the lip service. An annoying preacher disguised as a no talent football player is not news worthy.

Sounds like Drew Brees. That was the year I got disgusted with my home team and pulled the Saints out of a hat to root for. Good choice; they won the whole enchilada that year. He's a great example of what I was contrasting to Tebow.

Guest Anonymous

I need some Tebow clarification:

As I understand it, there are quite a lot of Christian (American) football players. In fact, a lot of top level athletes seem to be religious, if you judge by how many times they thank God, make the sign of the cross, or kneel down to pray. So, what is so special about Tebow?

I wouldnt want a girl with a servants heart-Id like one with a brain, who doesnt need to be bossed around all the time and can be an equal in our relationship :)

Tebow is a massive showboater. Jesus wouldn't have liked that.

Matthew 6:5-6

5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

And why does the world need to know he's a virgin?

Sounds like Drew Brees. That was the year I got disgusted with my home team and pulled the Saints out of a hat to root for. Good choice; they won the whole enchilada that year. He's a great example of what I was contrasting to Tebow.

His family and he have been very vocal about how Mom was advised to abort "Timmy" due to some medical issues but that they put their faith in God and he rewarded them with this perfect little man. I believe the parents are missionaries. He may be the most wonderful man in the world but ESPN's obsession with him has soured me on him for life. He is a mediocre football player and I am sick of him being promoted.

If you have to continually remind people that you are a great Christian, then perhaps you aren't that great of a Christian. I don't follow football, so the only think I know about him is that he is always going around "LOOK AT ME!!! I'M A CHRISTIAN! AREN'T I SPECIAL?!" He reminds me of Miss Raquel.

Tim Tebow bugs me so much. He acts like he's so humble and gracious, but I just don't believe someone that broadcasts so much of their faith and charity work is someone all that humble. I much more prefer Peyton Manning and his fairly silent participation in charity work.

Um, some of us Broncos fans are fondly remembering the wins we managed to squeak out with Tebow. Peyton Manning, on and off the field is an unproven entity in this town. I'm sure he's a great guy and all, but he's gotta win a few games before I'll be impressed.

Could be Peyton Manning as well.

Could be, to cover up the mistress he was keeping in a condo in Indy when he was still playing [well] there.

Um, some of us Broncos fans are fondly remembering the wins we managed to squeak out with Tebow. Peyton Manning, on and off the field is an unproven entity in this town. I'm sure he's a great guy and all, but he's gotta win a few games before I'll be impressed.

I'm frankly surprised that any NFL team wants P. Manning after he spent all of last season nursing injuries. It's funny around here (IN) how many people are die-hard Colts fans and how many are really just Peyton fans. Suddenly they're watching the Broncos games like never before. :roll:

I need some Tebow clarification:

As I understand it, there are quite a lot of Christian (American) football players. In fact, a lot of top level athletes seem to be religious, if you judge by how many times they thank God, make the sign of the cross, or kneel down to pray. So, what is so special about Tebow?

He's a hot white guy. If this was anyone else, like a Latino, Asian or African American player, no one would give a shit.

I find the Mannings to be better looking anyway. Tim Tebow looks as smart as rocks.

He wrote John 3:16 on his face (under his eyes) which the whole theme of that verse is that you better fucking believe in the God of the Christian Bible or you will perish. This might not insult you, but it still says, believe like me or you will perish in hell.

I'm not interested in getting into it over Tim Tebow, about whom I know nothing other than what's been written here, but I think you need to check your definition of John 3:16.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

is not the same as:

"God said that if you do not believe in him you bastards shall all burn in motherfucking fire and rue the day you were born."

Granted, you could find other verses that illustrate the "if you do not, then..." negativity rather than a positive assertion, but John 3:16 is not it.

John 3:16 does pretty much say, God sent his son to die, and if you don't believe in him then you will perish and not have eternal life.

So believers = eternal life

Non believers = perishing

Sure it sugar coats it in that verse, but that is what the verse says.

He's done crap so far this season. I can't imagine the Jets keeping him after this season.

As a long suffering Jets fan I'm proud to say that I cant stand Tebow (or Sanchez). Our QBs suck and now that Revis is gone for the season we're toast. Guess Tebow didnt pray hard enough because the Jets cant be saved. Rex banned his eye black and since he's been completely ineffective so far this season there hasnt been any kneeling in the endzone. Lets all ignore that "keeping the sabbath holy" line, Timmy, right? The meadowlands aint a church.

Players I admire: Brees, Peyton and Eli manning, Warrick Dunn, Nnamdi Asomugha, Greg Jennings, Brandon Jackson, and Pat Tillman (who gave all in a totally different way). These guys impact thousands of lives without fanfare or drawing attention to themselves or their religion.

Tom Brady can suck it because he's the douchiest douche of all douches.

/football rant]

Archived