IGNORED

Tim Tebow He's Looking For 'Girl With A Servant's Heart"

doggie

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Tebow does care when it comes to some of his charity work. It irritates me because his fanbase act as if he is the only NFL player who donates to and does charity work. Tebow is very smug. I laughed at some of the rumors about Tebow being linked to female celebrities earlier this year. I don't see him ending up in marriage with a female celeb. My prediction is that he will end up marrying the daughter of a conservative Christian politician.

do you think he really does it because he is humble and cares?

He might. I dont know what goes on inside his head. He does do alot of work with sick children though and most of the time in private. I dont care what his motives are, Im just happy that he does the awesome charity work.

Tebow is using Christianese. A servant's heart can mean someone who puts others first. It isn't just having empathy or being compassionate though. It means that the person puts their own needs last. It can also mean that the person doesn't complain or ask that their own needs be respected. ConservativeChristians often seem unaware that some of their terms might not be understood by nonChristians.

In fairness to Tebow, he does seem like a pleasant person in interviews. He probably does enjoy charity work; however, he isn't the only player that wants to help others.

I've heard some conserative Christians complain that they shouldn't have to know about another person's sexuality. Yet, they don't get upset when Tebow tells the world that he is a virgin.

I've heard some conserative Christians complain that they shouldn't have to know about another person's sexuality. Yet, they don't get upset when Tebow tells the world that he is a virgin.

butt butt virginity is not sexuality it is like not sexuality so it is fine.

"Servant's Heart" = "Be my servant"

Although, it would be lovely to see one of our favorite girls with a servant's heart get married to Tebow -- Sarah Maxwell!

Ugh! Don't get me started on this guy! The comments on that article are pretty funny though: "bible humping weirdo" lol

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

To me, charity work doesn't automatically make someone a laudable person. Hell, the man could fund the cure for cancer and I'd still be critical of his beliefs and worldview.

As for "servant's heart"? Coming from Tebow it sounds more like he desires a submissive wifey who will keep oh so sweet.

God would that not be horrible?

You know that charlatan would consider it to keep the TLC gravy train running.

Tebow plays a sport. Steve Maxwell isn't letting him within 50 miles of Sarah.

Guest Anonymous

Doggie you sound like a serious hater.

I don't watch American football, but I have heard of Tim Tebow and he sounds like a really nice person.

I will only snark on him if he fights dogs, rapes someone, beats his wife or gf, or commits any other crime.

To me, charity work doesn't automatically make someone a laudable person. Hell, the man could fund the cure for cancer and I'd still be critical of his beliefs and worldview.

As for "servant's heart"? Coming from Tebow it sounds more like he desires a submissive wifey who will keep oh so sweet.

Agree! And now that I know what "servant's heart" means thanks to this wonderful snark forum, I now know what kind of person he is.

I don't watch American football, but I have heard of Tim Tebow and he sounds like a really nice person.

I will only snark on him if he fights dogs, rapes someone, beats his wife or gf, or commits any other crime.

nope don't know much about him but he is a fundy and fair game.

One wonders why you are here, then? :violin:

Tim Tebow bugs me so much. He acts like he's so humble and gracious, but I just don't believe someone that broadcasts so much of their faith and charity work is someone all that humble. I much more prefer Peyton Manning and his fairly silent participation in charity work.

Archived