IGNORED

NCIS

Arete

I was browsing TVGuideOnLine and found out 2 of my favorite returning characters are making an appearance in the season premiere. Michael Nouri is coming back as Eli David, Ziva's amoral father, and Joe Spano is gracing us with another appearance of FBI agent Tobias Fornell. I think I squeeed at my laptop. OK, I know I did. :lol::mrgreen:

I can't, can't, can't, can't WAIT for the season premiere!!! Although, when I saw the episode preview, they didn't show McGee during the aftermath (as they showed Ziva & Tony in the elevator, and Abby outside). So, I'm wondering if something super serious happened to him.

I can't, can't, can't, can't WAIT for the season premiere!!! Although, when I saw the episode preview, they didn't show McGee during the aftermath (as they showed Ziva & Tony in the elevator, and Abby outside). So, I'm wondering if something super serious happened to him.

No, McGee is supposed to be fine, but I believe they are writing an entire arc revolving around Abby's PTSD after the bombing.

Oh good. I don't want any of them to leave the show! I assumed someone would get PTSD after going through almost dying and then what happens to Ducky. It's so bad, I get so involved in these shows, like I know these people and shit - I hope I'm not the only one LOL

No, McGee is supposed to be fine, but I believe they are writing an entire arc revolving around Abby's PTSD after the bombing.

Pretty sure Sean Murray signed a new contract for the show, so things should be okay (unless there's a red herring somewhere).

I've seen a lot of complaints about the unrealistic way the evacuation was held - elevators, etc. But whatever, I'm looking forward to NCIS and NCIS:LA, and finding out how they resolve things. Hetty can't leave.

Sean Murray's stepdad is the producer so I doubt he's going anywhere unless he wants to. BTW, do you remember him from the Disney film Hocus Pocus?

According to this article his stepdad was fired in 2007:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-es ... art-220824

I think they have to keep him on the credits because he is the creator and it is probably part of the contract.

The episode was amazing. I was puzzled that Eli could call Ziva from Israel, but noone else could get a call in.

edited for riffle and dumb

Sean looks better this season. He's gained a little weight back. There will be an arc discussing his relationship with his grandma Penny and his dad The Admiral. David McCallum had signed a new contract prior to the end of last season so he's on for the long run.

Michael Nouri is a talented actor. He was wonderful in Flashdance.

Remember Chip, Abby's murderous intern? He and the girl who played McGee's sister are Sean Murray's stepbrother and stepsister. Don Bellasario the creator also created Magnum.

Spolier

I had a kind of let down at the end.... I know an eye for an eye, but it just seemed anticlimactic.

Agree on the slight let down at the end of the episode. We only got Michael Nouri's voice. What a tease. However, I do love me the Gibbs/Fornell bromance, and really missed seeing Joe Spano last season.

I have to admit that I found the entire episode to be a bit of a let down. They resolved things too quickly for my taste. You have this cliff hanger where everyone is in mortal danger.

Then suddenly, BOOM everyone is fine; even McGee with his wound trots off to the hospital (which we didn't even get to see) and is immediately back at work. They really could have played up the suspense about everyone's survival.

Yeah I really found the episode to be a let down too!

It was very anti-climatic! and now

with episode 2 its all back to work as usual? UM all that build up from this vicious guy set on revenge, and he just decides to basically wait for Gibbs to kill him? :roll:

Ziva's telephone call from her Dad was weird, I thought they were on bad terms still?

Plus everything in the NCIS building seemed to be too neatly, and quickly tidied up...

I was hoping for some grit, some suspense! Some strong emotion... Instead I just felt nothing, and I really wanted to :(

Its safe to say I am hugely disappointed.

I have to admit that I found the entire episode to be a bit of a let down. They resolved things too quickly for my taste. You have this cliff hanger where everyone is in mortal danger.

Then suddenly, BOOM everyone is fine; even McGee with his wound trots off to the hospital (which we didn't even get to see) and is immediately back at work. They really could have played up the suspense about everyone's survival.

Did the premiere start immediately after the last episode, timeline-wise? (Haven't seen it yet. The TiVo's hard drive crashed and took NCIS with it, so I have to watch on CBS.com) I know last night's episode seemed to be a few weeks later, but we were kind of lost, missing last week's episode.

And, if there's a bomb scare, why would trained people get into an elevator in the first place?

I like

Abby's brother so far, they seem very similar

and the Gibbs hug at the end was funny.

Yes, the premeire started immediately after where the season finale had left off timeline wise. I agree with your spoiler observation. :mrgreen:

• 3 years later...

Anyone here who watched the finale of the 13th season of NCIS? With that episode, Michael Weatherly has officially left the cast just like colleague Cote de Pablo has done a few years ago. I wonder if anyone here is as confused by the plot set up for Tony's goodbye as I am. I haven't watched NCIS in a long time as I felt it just wasn't the same without CdP. Ziva and Tony's do-they-don't-they and their incredible chemistry was what kept me sticking around even though I didn't care much about the cases or Gibbs or any other character. With Ziva leaving I thought the vital element of the show's OTP had gone and obviously, Michael Weatherly shares this opinion. 

I wonder if the secret child arc was the producers last attempt at making people hate Ziva. It was just so out-of-character, the Ziva from a few seasons ago would have NEVER done that to Tony. I just hope this will be resolved and they're getting their happy end one day. The kid was cute though and Tony's reaction was in character. Gibbs, on the other hand, is turning into an ice cube and I don't care much about him. I wonder if MH is ok with the direction in which his character is headed. I won't watch until either MW or CdP or both come back.

I wondered if anyone was of the same opinion. Maybe @Arete:my_huh:

• 1 month later...

I stopped watching after Ziva left as well.  I feel like the show really went downhill after that - the chemistry wasn't as good, and the stories just kept getting darker and weirder.  Gibbs' can only have so many flashbacks before that storyline starts getting old, and Abby used to be so awesome, but has now turned into some weird woman-child.  

I think the ending was probably as good as it could have been - I hated that Ziva wasn't there, but the secret child thing didn't make me hate her.  And I'm glad they finally brought the Tony/Ziva relationship into the open. 

Honestly, I much prefer NCIS LA now.  It is a little more light-hearted and less dark.  

• 4 weeks later...

Does anybody know what happened to NCIS new orleans?

It used to be on just before NCIS, but it has just...disappeared off the line-up.

I really liked it, too :dislike:

Die hard NCIS fan here...waiting to see what it's like w/o DiNozzo....

On 26/07/2016 at 10:57 PM, Coconut Flan said:

Which country?

I'm in Scotland.  It used to be on Saturdays on five :my_cry:

• 1 month later...

NCIS New Orleans premiered last Tuesday at 10E/9C. It's on after Michael Weatherly's new show Bull. The season premiere of NCIS introduced some new characters,  Wilder Valderrama who was Fez on That 70's Show did a credible job as a deep cover agent. There is a new female character Quinn, played by Jennifer Esposito, who has done a lot of TV. 

Bull will take some getting used to.  I guess it's based on Dr Phil's former life as a jury consultant. 

I loved DiNozzo and the grief the character showed when Ziva died was heartbreaking. I think the child thing was a lot like what they did on Magnum PI back in the day. I'm going to miss seeing Robert Wagner. I think he and Weatherly played off each other so well. I guess I'll have to fire up Netflix and binge watch it from the beginning.  

• 4 weeks later...

I actually like "Bull". Weatherly's character is more interesting than Dr Phil (lol) and the process behind scientific jury selection is fascinating, especially since it's a way to impact the justice system.

I do question whether only the wealthy (in real life) have access to this type of service, even though we see impoverished people being offered the services of Dr Bull and his team on the screen.

• 4 months later...

I rewatched some old episodes, mainly those that were T/Z focused. Have been true to my word and not watched even just so much as a second of season 14. I hope that they don't pull an Emergency Room and drag this out till the 15th season and if they do, I hope they're smart enough to bring back Tony and Ziva for the last season or at least the last episode. They need to happen or I'll be crying forever. I've never loved a couple on TV as much as I loved them. There's been quite a few that I really loved like Mark&Lexie or Jackson and April from Grey's Anatomy, Carol and Doug on ER, Miranda and Steve on SATC...but none had the magical chemistry that T and Z had. I've come to love the ending for MW, it was overall very in-character for Tony to leave because of family. Nothing else would have made him leave that job. Still angry about them not riding into the sunset together. 

I heard rumors that Mark Harmon was sick. Is that true?

Archived