IGNORED

Mormon Blog

ophelia

hey FJer,

I need new blogs.. my old favourite ones are just not bringing it anymore. I need a new branch of crazy and I decided to let it be the (fundamental) mormon blogs. I'd really appreciate it, if you posted some.

THANK YOU!

ps.: I already tried to search FJ, but somehow it seems that Iam just not made for it, because most of the time I don't get usable results.

There's a huge collection of mormon housewife blogs out there but most are mainstream conservatives or fundie-lite from what I can tell. I'm assuming you are talking about fundie mormons who hold similar beliefs to Botkins and the likes, right?

The public access show "What love is this?" is a good resource. The host Doris is a former FLDS member. Episodes generally discuss issues with polygamy and interviews with former FLDS member.

whatloveisthis.tv/

Are there any current FLDS people who blog? I've always wondered that. I know they're probably not supposed to get on the internet, but it would be interesting. Mormons and especially the FLDS fascinate me.

Are there any current FLDS people who blog? I've always wondered that. I know they're probably not supposed to get on the internet, but it would be interesting. Mormons and especially the FLDS fascinate me.

megans-polyblog.blogspot.com/

There's a huge collection of mormon housewife blogs out there but most are mainstream conservatives or fundie-lite from what I can tell. I'm assuming you are talking about fundie mormons who hold similar beliefs to Botkins and the likes, right?

That is how I would describe most of the Mormon blogs I read. Sometimes they can be some crazy with those bloggers and sometimes they are so sanctimonious that it easy to snark on them.

megans-polyblog.blogspot.com/

Uhm, Megan isn't FLDS, but some sort of different x-tian denomination, she claims. There's also quite a bit of speculation that she's fake. Here's the discussion about her: http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/2095#.UFpRH66jXAJ

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3768&start=0

She joined FJ at some point: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10891

As for FLDS blogs, here's one that's sympathetic, although also focussing on run of the mill misogyny: remnantbride.org/curseof1920/blog/

I seem to remember a blog written by women in Centennial Park (polygamist group that split from the FLDS in the 1980s), but can't find it at short notice. Will add, when I find it again.

Edited to add original discussions, about whether or not it's fake.

Archived