IGNORED

Maxwell Conferences

Justme

All these people talking about gate crashing a Maxwell event are going to make Stevo even more paranoid than he already is. He's going to be seeing FJers everywhere!

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply
.... I definitely don't think that I have any clothing that could pass (most of my skirts are business-y, pencil skirts and the like, and my longer dresses are sundress-y, and very defrauding in their bust and shoulder exposure). I suppose I could get something at the thrift store, and I have a while to consider...

ShadowyOne, you could put a monochromatic t-shirt under a sundress and voila, your a respectable helpmeet to your headship. :D

Ok...so their first stop is in Colorado. Why didn't they align their trip so they didn't have to drive all the way back to KS then return to CO a week later? To me, this is wasteful...probably several hundreds of dollars worth of extra fuel (at least).

I wondered this myself - they were in different vehicles, but none of their cars are off-road type vehicles so it's clear that wasn't part of their Colorado fun (when I go we like to drive around crazy passes and stuff too, not only hiking them) so perhaps they could have taken Uriah - either that, or they could possibly have packed one conference's worth of books/show crud into the back of their trailer?

If so, then they could have done the one conference in CO, then swapped to the usual arrangements on a pass through their home mid-conference trip.

Who knows, it's Steve-O. Surely he thinks Jesus laid this itinerary on his heart somehow.

So... Did we know that the Maxwells have gone...digital? schedulebreeze.com This was certainly news to me, though I didn't want to start a new thread on it. Didn't seem *that* noteworthy. Still, it seems that this is Joseph's new venture...

How much closer could they be to their Lord Jesus? Any closer, and they're going to do some sort of weird physical meld. Or their Lord Jesus is going to get a restraining order.

As Groucho Marx once said, "If I hold you any closer, I'll be in back of you."

(not embedded because it's cued to a specific spot)

Who knows, it's Steve-O. Surely he thinks Jesus laid this itinerary on his heart somehow.

Damn, you beat me to it... I'm sure Jesus probably laid the itinerary on Steve-o's heart. Also, this will give Sarah something boring to attempt to write about. Maybe they will also get another can of Pringles?

Maybe this time Teri will lose her sunglasses under the seat and there will be a weird noise. Hilarity is sure to ensue.

"(Say, LAUGHING?)", as Sarah wrote in that post.

Guest Anonymous

I am so jealous of all of you that are planning to attend the conferences! :D

I'd seriously keep the dates and locations off FJ until you have been though. I'm sure clibby and demgirl's last conference is the only one in history that was never written up for the blog after we all talked about it so much on here. ;)

To whoever mentioned ScheduleBreeze - yes it's been around for a year or so, because one of their commenters recently said they had renewed their annual subscription and were delighted that their money was going to help purchase Joseph and Elizabeth's new home..... :?

I am so jealous of all of you that are planning to attend the conferences! :D

I'd seriously keep the dates and locations off FJ until you have been though. I'm sure clibby and demgirl's last conference is the only one in history that was never written up for the blog after we all talked about it so much on here. ;)

To whoever mentioned ScheduleBreeze - yes it's been around for a year or so, because one of their commenters recently said they had renewed their annual subscription and were delighted that their money was going to help purchase Joseph and Elizabeth's new home..... :?

I was planning to go to the evening one in Oshkosh, WI until I checked my upcoming oncology scans and doctor visits, they are the same day. My appts are in Minneapolis, no way I can drive the 5 hours to Oshkosh in time. Darn, I was really looking forward to it. I can't justify changing my medical appts though.

Anyone want to record and post a few sessions for us?

That would be great! However, Stevie is so paranoid about people using/seeing their material without paying for it. a/k/a, not allowing their books in the library. He'd probably sue.

Ok...so their first stop is in Colorado. Why didn't they align their trip so they didn't have to drive all the way back to KS then return to CO a week later? To me, this is wasteful...probably several hundreds of dollars worth of extra fuel (at least).

That's what I thought. I know it was stupid of me to think they were doing anything like that, but I did think they were just staying on what some might call a vacation until the first dog & pony show. I don't know what got into me - they don't do anything that makes sense, ever. When I read that they were back home, my first response was 'why'?

Then again, I am guessing their not a vacation was kind of upended and changed with the broken engagement and no wedding. They ran there to escape thinking about it or answering questions and to bond with the LORD over their disappointment. So, they probably weren't thinking - not that they ever really do.

Their trip route is a giant mess because for so long they only had 4 or 5 stops. In the last couple of months they filled in dates and most likely just took what they could get and any sensible route be damned because they had to fill in the schedule lest people realize they are losing their influence and not being booked.

There is a lot of time between stage shows this trip and it will be interesting to see how they fill it. Of course, with prayer and time with the LORD and family time and the same old bullshit. But, will they be blessed by strangers putting them up? Serving them dinner? Will they take in any of the sights in all the places they'll be?

I really think they are reaching the end of the line. It's such a mess this time around, and not nearly as full as any of their other traveling shows. I'm kind of going to enjoy watching how they fill all the empty time in the next couple of months.

A few of us may attend some of the conference in Memphis, but not in disguise. There isn't any need to as they are doing it at one of the pants wearing mega churches in town.

In fact that is what boggles me about the whole thing...Germantown baptist is going o think they are fucked up.

There are eight Maxwell children, right? And only two are married? And one is a minor? Leaving five adult Maxwell children not married?

What I'm thinking is that Steve ought to use all that "down time" to get his unmarried adult children introduced to other unmarried adult children of fundies. Or maybe Jesus will hit Steve with the cluebat several times and they might have F-U-N for a few days.

I think that it would be weird to listen to them speak. Granted the only think I know about them is what I read on their website. I live in Northern New Jersey, people here are liberal, do not homeschool (because BOTH public and private schools are some of the best in the state) they were in a town about a hour from me 2 years ago and I am suprised that people actually showed up. Given from what I stated above. One person even posted about them coming "thanks for coming to NJ u guys are so needed here."

How much closer could they be to their Lord Jesus? Any closer, and they're going to do some sort of weird physical meld. Or their Lord Jesus is going to get a restraining order.

I know I'm new but.....I'm just gonna jump right in here. This made me laugh so hard, all I could see was this mental image of THEIR Lord Jesus (they do own him, correct? or am I reading their blog wrong? :roll: ) doing a face palm and yelling "Those damn Maxwells -- that's it! Somebody get my lawyer on line one, STAT!"

I think that it would be weird to listen to them speak. Granted the only think I know about them is what I read on their website. I live in Northern New Jersey, people here are liberal, do not homeschool (because BOTH public and private schools are some of the best in the state) they were in a town about a hour from me 2 years ago and I am suprised that people actually showed up. Given from what I stated above. One person even posted about them coming "thanks for coming to NJ u guys are so needed here."

Hey Jana, nice to see you over here (I'm Pauline at TWOP). :mrgreen: Enywho, my SIL is in northern Jersey with our niece in a top school district. Unlike any 3rd grade Duggar or Bates, I was able to rattle off states and she could shoot back the correct capital. Heck, to mix it up I'd make up an incorrect captial (say Jersey City for New Jersey) and she corrected me. In one night, I started her on world captials.

Although her town is decidedly conservative, the Maxwells would never set foot there since even the church-goers (and walking to Starbucks, past several chruches, on a Sunday morning, I can confirm there are many) send their kids to the local schools.

As for me, they wouldn't set foot within 100 miles of me (like the Duggars, they'd go out into the Central Valley where's a higher concentration of right-wingers, but I think even Stockton and Lodi are probably too "big" for them and that's about as close as I envision them coming to me. Frankly, I can't stand the vibe in the Valley; I could never stomach a trip out there, even for fundie "research." :mrgreen:

I was just struck by the thought of poor Joseph who thought he would be spared this road trip, or at least going on it with a wife. Almost an adult then immediately thrown back into being a Maxwell "child."

A few of us may attend some of the conference in Memphis, but not in disguise. There isn't any need to as they are doing it at one of the pants wearing mega churches in town.

In fact that is what boggles me about the whole thing...Germantown baptist is going o think they are fucked up.

I would love to go to Maxwell event just to snark. I agree, if they are doing events at a mega churches there wouldn't be a need to go in disguise. I also think some of the people at some of their speaking events probably do find the Maxwells to be fucked up. If people aren't familiar with the Maxwells and they go to speaking event they would probably find certain things weird about them.

I was thinking back on the time that Steve took only the girls to the Duggar graduation party. I wonder if he was thinking of a JD and Sarah match up.

They are doing a q and q panel at the one in Memphis. I want to go just to ask them how courtship preserves the pieces of hearts?

Awesome question! I want to know if Christopher had his entire heart to give to Anna and if Joseph still has his whole heart. If not, I want to know justification. If so, I want to know how they could do godly courtships, led by god, yet still end up with broken engagements. Did they not give a shit about the one they were engaged to at one time? And, if so, that is soooooooooo telling. If they did care, how did they still preserve their heart so as not to lose pieces of it to the women, and the lives they planned with those women?

I'd also like to know what Joseph is going to do with his house now. Of course he isn't going to live in it; he has to stay with the family cult. Is it going to sit empty? Did he blow his entire savings on a house that he can't live in now? Does he have any money left to do anything else? Does he feel anything at all about the two months where his life was planned one way but is now something else entirely?

They never come to Massachusetts. I wish they would.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Keep them away from the beautiful Bay State! Don't give New Englanders any ideas! I am a resident of your fellow blue state to the south, and I am seeing alarming numbers of fundies and fundie-lites popping up. There's a Young Earth Creationism-believing Baptist church in my very town, and a number of families engaged in home schooling for religious reasons, as well as growing numbers of people joining "non-denominational" Christian churches with male-only clergy and no Halloween or Harry Potter allowed.

My itty bitty UU church is having a community picnic next weekend, and we want to poach as many religious fence-sitters and unaffiliated folks as we can.

Archived