IGNORED

Maxwell Conferences

Justme

Failed transmission

Broken windscreen (atleast once)

Something mechincal under the bus that will require defrauding photos of the boys playing "apprentice".

Uriah will throw a wobbly and refuse to start but God will show him the error of his ways and he'll come to the party

Holes in the road ala their Yukon roadtrip

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, since we are T-6 days away from The Great Maxwell Road Trip, time to start placing bets. What will go wrong with Uriah this time? It is a long trip, plenty of time for some good drama. Though I am sure nothing will be as epic the great pot-hole indecent of 2011 and the 15-part mini-series describing it.

My bet: failed transmission.

I'll go with sewage overflow.

Haven't they already replaced the transmission at least once? I'm betting on another cracked windshield.

Cracked windshield almost doesn't really count though, because it happens SO damn often! Probably that PLUS something else.

They did just replace the transmission though - well, a mechanic did, but they gave Jeebus the credit as always.

I'll go with sewage overflow.

The bus, or the speeches?

(yeah I'll show myself the door, it's okay...)

Well, good on them to start their marketing campaign again. I'm sure Uriah will give them plenty of trouble before the trip starts. My one desire is for Uriah to completely breakdown preventing forcing them to either cancel appearances and/or delay their trip. Maybe God is using Uriah to tell Steve that his ministry is the crap? :D

I would love to go to one of their things but I feel I'd stand out in a church where I'm obviously not a member of, and would have a particularly hard time sounding like I was their target audience given my nonChristian background. I wouldn't even know how to start a simple prayer! If I had a companion to go with me, and if it was at a large church where nonmembers would go too, then I'd consider attending. Otherwise, I'll settle for reports. Hey, maybe one of the FJers' could secretly record a session?!

Of course! We need someone in the teen group and my daughter will not do it. I was demgirls mentor last time, I think I was her "married mentor",she had a whole story...

If anyone is considering the Pittsburgh one, PM me. Its in Beaver(not Pittsburgh at all)at an Evangelical Church and I am too scared to go alone. I can do 1 day only,not sure of kids schedule that far in advance, but I can get one day off for sure. :clap:

Thinking about the Pittsburgh one. I was pretty sure the Maxwells don't go into the big city. Beaver Falls is about 40 minutes from me. I don't know if I have any fundy wear, but since they are coming so close. I don't want to pass up the opportunity? If I could figure out PMing. I would be doing that. Can only do one night as well. Fridays are, generally, the best nights for me to go and live it up!

Well, good on them to start their marketing campaign again. I'm sure Uriah will give them plenty of trouble before the trip starts. My one desire is for Uriah to completely breakdown preventing forcing them to either cancel appearances and/or delay their trip. Maybe God is using Uriah to tell Steve that his ministry is the crap? :D

Or maybe they'll have to use :o public transport!

Or maybe they'll have to use :o public transport!

Not going to happen. What if Steve had to gaze upon a woman's bare knee or shoulder? They would walk home first.

Beat me to it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can never pass up an opportunity to unleash my inner 12 year old. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Failed transmission

Broken windscreen (atleast once)

Something mechincal under the bus that will require defrauding photos of the boys playing "apprentice".

Uriah will throw a wobbly and refuse to start but God will show him the error of his ways and he'll come to the party

Holes in the road ala their Yukon roadtrip

Too exciting.

The clock will be at the wrong time (again.)

After the family 'Prayer' it will take them 5hrs 34 minutes to locate the seatbelts (again.)

The Crockpot...yup the Crockpot. That's where the drama will be. :P

Too exciting.

The clock will be at the wrong time (again.)

After the family 'Prayer' it will take them 5hrs 34 minutes to locate the seatbelts (again.)

The Crockpot...yup the Crockpot. That's where the drama will be. :P

Maybe this time Teri will lose her sunglasses under the seat and there will be a weird noise. Hilarity is sure to ensue.

Maybe this time Teri will lose her sunglasses under the seat and there will be a weird noise. Hilarity is sure to ensue.

Only if she tries to eat the cheese paper!

Thinking about the Pittsburgh one. I was pretty sure the Maxwells don't go into the big city. Beaver Falls is about 40 minutes from me. I don't know if I have any fundy wear, but since they are coming so close. I don't want to pass up the opportunity? If I could figure out PMing. I would be doing that. Can only do one night as well. Fridays are, generally, the best nights for me to go and live it up!

I sent you a PM.

My knees just buckled -- they will be a mere hour from me!!!

My spousal unit is a pud about this ... If I can talk my swishy buddy into going with me as a married couple, looking for counsel --- !!!!!!

The Maxwell Cult will be two hours south of Indianapolis for the New Albany appearance. I don't think I could stand to drive 2 hours to see the Cult. If it were in Indianapolis, I'd probably be game. However, as we know, the MaxCult doesn't like big, evil cities. Maybe some other time.

I'm pretty sure they couldn't stand the excitement of another mysterious noise. :sleeping-boring:

FWIW, for any St. Louis area FJers, I'm game for a meetup at the Pacific event, and/or pre/post-gaming.

A shopping trip to Goodwill might be in order, however, as I pretty much live in leggings and tunic sweaters in the fall. :?

Oh, man.... the very last date is 45 minutes away from me.... so tempting, and it's even free! I don't know if I could convince the headship; he does have a train-wreck fascination with watching the Duggars sometimes when they're on TV, though he doesn't obsess over the other fundies as I do. I don't know if either of us could fake our way through, though, and I definitely don't think that I have any clothing that could pass (most of my skirts are business-y, pencil skirts and the like, and my longer dresses are sundress-y, and very defrauding in their bust and shoulder exposure). I suppose I could get something at the thrift store, and I have a while to consider...

Oh no. They are stopping the Pittsburgh area. Only 30 minutes away. Depending on how bored I am. I might go one of the Friday night talks. Maybe Building a Vision with the parents, although, it may make want to kick Steve in the balls. I would like to ask if food control, like only allowing your adult children one sandwich each after a serious endurance hike, is part of forcing your family to follow your vision for them. I am sorry. God's vision. What other cult like methods do you employee?

I live in Pittsburgh! The conference is in Beaver Falls (which is technically really not Pittsburgh). I'm so very tempted to go as it is free and it would be the first time I'd see one of these fundie side shows up close and personal.

Delilahdog11... wanna meetup? I have no clue how I'd explain it to my fiance (although he's already aware of my fundy fascination). Just seems like a bad way to spend Shabbos.

I live in Pittsburgh! The conference is in Beaver Falls (which is technically really not Pittsburgh). I'm so very tempted to go as it is free and it would be the first time I'd see one of these fundie side shows up close and personal.

Delilahdog11... wanna meetup? I have no clue how I'd explain it to my fiance (although he's already aware of my fundy fascination). Just seems like a bad way to spend Shabbos.

There are possible 4-5 of us considering this conference! I may have to go to my daughters hockey tournament in Cleveland that weekend,but trying to figure something out as its like a mini fjcon.

Ok...so their first stop is in Colorado. Why didn't they align their trip so they didn't have to drive all the way back to KS then return to CO a week later? To me, this is wasteful...probably several hundreds of dollars worth of extra fuel (at least).

There are possible 4-5 of us considering this conference! I may have to go to my daughters hockey tournament in Cleveland that weekend,but trying to figure something out as its like a mini fjcon.

Please let me know via PM!!! I'd love to go, I just have to make sure nothing else is in the way.

Archived