IGNORED

Blog post about waiting

fundies_like_zombies

This is a joke, right?

It's a really dull, ineffective troll that can't even seem to be bothered to make well thought out attacks. Pay it no mind. ;)

I'm going to agree with experiencedd, it's a pretty common major at Universities with Ag programs. They study animals, but also learn the chemistry and science behind dairy products. At Fresno State, the college has an ag store that sells cheese, milk, ice cream and other stuff the students have produced. (also things from other majors, like meat products, and produce.)

Maybe it's because I was one of those mothers who nursed my children into the preschool years, but my first thought when reading about student-produced milk and cheese was not particularly appetizing.

The SAHD thing is such an ick facctor to me. I grew up with some fundies (only hymns!! women in dresses are super holy!1!!) but even none of them were SAHD! Most actually went away to a fundieish college and did get a degree, some worked, before getting married.

And yeah, about disciplining her younger siblings???? Yuck. That is the parent's job, NOT the kids.

I was just about to say that. Granted Fresno State is a big school, but the world is still kinda small some days.

I didn't go there, but some friends did, that's how I knew about the store there.

For the most part,* it seems like she wants to be a farmer. She wants to grow crops and keep livestock. That's fine. That's an important thing to be doing with your time. Nobody wants to force her into college if she doesn't want to go. But she wants to dress it up in that faux Jew, fundy princess wank. All of that 'I know I'm confounding your expectations, but I'm a SAHD! So there!' stuff is bullshit. You want to be a farmer. You are a farmer. Get over yourself.

*If you ignore the stuff about biblically disciplining (beating?) her young siblings.

But why not go to a school and get an ag degree? It would help with farming. I think that part of her issue is probably a fear of the unknown.

But why not go to a school and get an ag degree? It would help with farming. I think that part of her issue is probably a fear of the unknown.

I was going to say that. Everything in the middle is cool, but without a degree, they won't translate into anything that'll help her support herself.

"If you were to ask me 5 years ago (I would have been 14 years old) what my plans were for my future I would have given you the "normal" answer. I would have said "I want to go to college for either Meteorology or Dairy Science." This is not the answer you would get out of me now. I'm a 19 year old stay at home daughter who has chosen to forgo college and learn how to run a homestead, grow my own food, care of various animals, learn to raise children (my 3 younger siblings) and discipline them in a biblical fashion, and I love doing it all with a joyful attitude!"

How do these people financially support all these stay at home daughters, especially the daughters that stay at home for ten or fifteen years? I get that they become the in-house child carers / slaves but they still have to be supported until Prince Charming asks Daddy for their hand and Daddy's divine guidance -- or wallet -- approves the match. Sure, there are the Maxwells and Duggars who apparently rake in the bucks, but the rest of them ....

This claim by SAHDs about how "joyful" they are about these decisions always raises my scepticism. Really? So why mention it?

The first thing I noticed on this blog was the 'I support Israel' sign in the sidebar. Do fake Jews support the real Israel or do they support some other, pretend, Israel filled with evangelical Christians wearing kippot?

I think she may actually be Jewish, see here in the second last paragraph: simplyafarmgirl.blogspot.com/p/about-this-farm-girl.html

Guest Anonymous

I think she may actually be Jewish, see here in the second last paragraph: simplyafarmgirl.blogspot.com/p/about-this-farm-girl.html

That's how they get you. Check this:

In fact, I remember another who came before me a long time ago. A man who healed the sick and had his hands scared by nails. I want my hands to look like His. His hebrew name is Yeshua but most of you know Him as Jesus. His hands are beautiful.

simplyafarmgirl.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/dirty-hands.html

She is 19. I can't get past that part. I know we have a great, young crowd here so I don't want to sound like :character-oldtimer: , however I will say that it makes me sad to see someone think they have all the answers, lock their brain up tight and throw away the key, at an age when they have so many options available to them. It's as if she posted a blog saying she just cut off both her legs. :(

We live in a culture where teenagers are encouraged to think that they have all of the answers. I get so frustrated at the college students who think they know more then the profs teaching the class. Never mind that the profs here have to have a PhD and a lengthy research career to get a job here.

attachment.php?attachmentid=367263&d=1306788874

In fact, I remember another who came before me a long time ago. A man who healed the sick and had his hands scared by nails. I want my hands to look like His. His hebrew name is Yeshua but most of you know Him as Jesus. His hands are beautiful.

I want my hands to look scared? Hmmm... I do not think it means what you think it means :lol:

That's how they get you. Check this:

simplyafarmgirl.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/dirty-hands.html

Sogba, thank you for dealing with this innocent newbie gently, I saw the references to Yahweh and the Torah and assumed the obvious. These people are even sicker than I imagined, I obviously have a lot more research to do.

I would like to pull off to the side of the road for a sec, say WELCOME Convicted Blossom, and then get back on track. ;)

I want my hands to look scared? Hmmm... I do not think it means what you think it means :lol:

scared-hands-scared-hands-not-happy-feet-demotivational-poster-1234391081.jpg

^ found off Google images, which makes me wonder about the original context...

I was going to say that. Everything in the middle is cool, but without a degree, they won't translate into anything that'll help her support herself.

I was also thinking the same thing - she wants to homestead ... she wants to farm ... that Dairy Science degree could have come in very handy!

Sigh

I guess at least it's good that she's learning valuable skills, like taking care of animals and running a farm and stuff. But the rest can just like go away or something. Ick.

scared-hands-scared-hands-not-happy-feet-demotivational-poster-1234391081.jpg

^ found off Google images, which makes me wonder about the original context...

Ooooo, that reminds me of the Helping Hands from Labyrinth.

Sigh

I guess at least it's good that she's learning valuable skills, like taking care of animals and running a farm and stuff. But the rest can just like go away or something. Ick.

She would learn a whole hell of a lot more if she went to college and pursued a degree in ag. As it stands her critical thinking skills are relatively underdeveloped.

Interesting, she seems to be a fundie faux jew, but apparently isn't into all the obeying the old-testament laws/pretending to be orthodox stuff that so many other faux jews are into because she shows her *KNEES* in several pictures. Definitely a violation of the Maxwellian eye-traps rule.

I went to an ag school for a while and you could major in animal husbandry, which made me giggle. I worked at the local copy shop and did resumes for new graduates looking for "an entry level position on animal husbandry."

I thought this thread could use some cows in honor of her former desire to get a Dairy Science degree. It sounds like that would have been really helpful with her other stated goals.

:animals-cow: :animals-cow: :animals-cow: :animals-cow: :animals-cow: :animals-cow: :animals-cow: :animals-cow: :animals-cow:

Now go catch that stray chicken!

:animals-chickencatch:

I went to an ag school for a while and you could major in animal husbandry, which made me giggle. I worked at the local copy shop and did resumes for new graduates looking for "an entry level position on animal husbandry."

Tom Lehrer cue!

Darn, I couldn't find a video with him doing the introduction to "In Old Mexico."

Ah, well, here's the relevant part (but it's not the same without his dellivery):

[edit]

Now, I'm sure you're all aware that this week is national

gall-bladder week. So as sort of an educational feature at

this point I thought I would acquaint you with some of the

results of my recent researches into the career of the late

doctor Samuel Gall, inventor of the gall-bladder, which

certainly ranks as one of the more important technological

advances since the invention of the joy-buzzer and the

dribble-glass.

Doctor Gall's faith in his invention was so

dramatically vindicated last year, as you no doubt recall,

when, for the first time in history, in a nation-wide poll

the gall-bladder was voted among the top ten organs.

His educational career began, interestingly enough, in agricultural

school, where he majored in animal husbandry, until they

caught him at it one day.

I want to know how medicine and drugs aren't from God's creation, if humans are a creation of God.

Don't bother trying to figure it out. Its like asking why fertility treatments and 'trying' for kid's is fine and dandy but birth control is of the debbil.

Archived