IGNORED

Blog post about waiting

fundies_like_zombies

"If you were to ask me 5 years ago (I would have been 14 years old) what my plans were for my future I would have given you the "normal" answer. I would have said "I want to go to college for either Meteorology or Dairy Science." This is not the answer you would get out of me now. I'm a 19 year old stay at home daughter who has chosen to forgo college and learn how to run a homestead, grow my own food, care of various animals, learn to raise children (my 3 younger siblings) and discipline them in a biblical fashion, and I love doing it all with a joyful attitude!"

simplyafarmgirl.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/am-i-waiting.html

"normal"

Ewwww. that's my first reaction tho I'm not sure why. I think its that she's openly admitting to raising her siblings and 'disciplining' them. Ewww.

Poor girl. Poor brainwashed fundy girl. I hope she gets out.

Guest Anonymous

The first thing I noticed on this blog was the 'I support Israel' sign in the sidebar. Do fake Jews support the real Israel or do they support some other, pretend, Israel filled with evangelical Christians wearing kippot?

The first thing I noticed on this blog was the 'I support Israel' sign in the sidebar. Do fake Jews support the real Israel or do they support some other, pretend, Israel filled with evangelical Christians wearing kippot?

They support some fake version full of evangelical christians.

"If you were to ask me 5 years ago (I would have been 14 years old) what my plans were for my future I would have given you the "normal" answer. I would have said "I want to go to college for either Meteorology or Dairy Science." This is not the answer you would get out of me now. I'm a 19 year old stay at home daughter who has chosen to forgo college and learn how to run a homestead, grow my own food, care of various animals, learn to raise children (my 3 younger siblings) and discipline them in a biblical fashion, and I love doing it all with a joyful attitude!"

simplyafarmgirl.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/am-i-waiting.html

"normal"

... Dairy Science? That's a new one for me.

My uni has a degree in it. It's not an unusual degree for an aggie.

Really! Well, there you go, I learned something new today.

We both love learning about herbal remedies together and how the body heals itself with help from God's creation (not synthetic drugs from the store or doctor's office).

Now this I really don't understand, and not just because I've never heard of it before. A lot of the fundies that I've known have had the same kind of attitude, and it's never made sense to me. What about modern medicine so inherently threatening? :? It's okay to deal with day-to-day things at home, obviously, but sometimes you really do need synthetic drugs and the body is not going to heal itself with "help from God's creation", no matter how long you wait.

... Dairy Science? That's a new one for me.

I'm going to agree with experiencedd, it's a pretty common major at Universities with Ag programs. They study animals, but also learn the chemistry and science behind dairy products. At Fresno State, the college has an ag store that sells cheese, milk, ice cream and other stuff the students have produced. (also things from other majors, like meat products, and produce.)

Now this I really don't understand, and not just because I've never heard of it before. A lot of the fundies that I've known have had the same kind of attitude, and it's never made sense to me. What about modern medicine so inherently threatening? :? It's okay to deal with day-to-day things at home, obviously, but sometimes you really do need synthetic drugs and the body is not going to heal itself with "help from God's creation", no matter how long you wait.

I want to know how medicine and drugs aren't from God's creation, if humans are a creation of God.

I'm going to agree with experiencedd, it's a pretty common major at Universities with Ag programs. They study animals, but also learn the chemistry and science behind dairy products. At Fresno State, the college has an ag store that sells cheese, milk, ice cream and other stuff the students have produced. (also things from other majors, like meat products, and produce.)

I was just about to say that. Granted Fresno State is a big school, but the world is still kinda small some days.

I feel so sad for her because she'll be waiting another 10 years and doing the exact. same. thing. when she's 30 while her secular peers have moved on and had various life experiences. She'll realize that the promise she's waiting for will never show up and she'll be so far behind it will be hard to change. Or maybe she'll be one of the few that does actually get married and she'll realize that the dream of Prince Charming that she was promised in return for waiting isn't all it's cracked up to be but without an education or job skills it will be hard for her to ever get out. I think she will become a feminist the hard way.

I feel so sad for her because she'll be waiting another 10 years and doing the exact. same. thing. when she's 30 while her secular peers have moved on and had various life experiences. She'll realize that the promise she's waiting for will never show up and she'll be so far behind it will be hard to change. Or maybe she'll be one of the few that does actually get married and she'll realize that the dream of Prince Charming that she was promised in return for waiting isn't all it's cracked up to be but without an education or job skills it will be hard for her to ever get out. I think she will become a feminist the hard way.

Yup she'll be another Sara Maxwell, except she'll have manure on her barn boots.

Guest Anonymous

For the most part,* it seems like she wants to be a farmer. She wants to grow crops and keep livestock. That's fine. That's an important thing to be doing with your time. Nobody wants to force her into college if she doesn't want to go. But she wants to dress it up in that faux Jew, fundy princess wank. All of that 'I know I'm confounding your expectations, but I'm a SAHD! So there!' stuff is bullshit. You want to be a farmer. You are a farmer. Get over yourself.

*If you ignore the stuff about biblically disciplining (beating?) her young siblings.

For the most part,* it seems like she wants to be a farmer. She wants to grow crops and keep livestock. That's fine. That's an important thing to be doing with your time. Nobody wants to force her into college if she doesn't want to go. But she wants to dress it up in that faux Jew, fundy princess wank. All of that 'I know I'm confounding your expectations, but I'm a SAHD! So there!' stuff is bullshit. You want to be a farmer. You are a farmer. Get over yourself.

*If you ignore the stuff about biblically disciplining (beating?) her young siblings.

This. She's trying very hard to sound oppressed.

"I love reading comments from readers! Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please keep all comments pleasing to Yahweh."

How would one know if a comment is pleasing to God? How narcissistic can you be to think that God/Yahweh/Whatever you call your deity (if you believe in a higher being or beings) gives two figs about your ridiculous blog?

Hopefully she is smart and stays far away from the crazy that is feminism.

I looked up your other posts. Looks like we have another rug-shitter. I'll go get the mop. Sigh.

"after I wrote my comment, I waited several minutes to be struck by lightning or to receive a sign like a burning bush. I have concluded that Yahweh deems my comment acceptable, as I have not gone mute nor blind, nor did I suddenly fall down dead."

She is 19. I can't get past that part. I know we have a great, young crowd here so I don't want to sound like :character-oldtimer: , however I will say that it makes me sad to see someone think they have all the answers, lock their brain up tight and throw away the key, at an age when they have so many options available to them. It's as if she posted a blog saying she just cut off both her legs. :(

"after I wrote my comment, I waited several minutes to be struck by lightning or to receive a sign like a burning bush. I have concluded that Yahweh deems my comment acceptable, as I have not gone mute nor blind, nor did I suddenly fall down dead."

Well that's a relief! :lol: ;)

She is 19. I can't get past that part. I know we have a great, young crowd here so I don't want to sound like :character-oldtimer: , however I will say that it makes me sad to see someone think they have all the answers, lock their brain up tight and throw away the key, at an age when they have so many options available to them. It's as if she posted a blog saying she just cut off both her legs. :(

Amen. When she was fourteen she wanted to go to college, now she wants to be a SAHD/farmer. Give her five years and she'll want to be something else. That's the joy of being fourteen, then nineteen and then twenty-four, you change your mind. But she, like so many fundies is going to declare that Jesus has given her a vision for her life. Hopefully this decision, unlike say getting married and popping out a few babies by twenty-three, isn't irreversible.

Archived