IGNORED

Courtney on Muslims

Jessica

He has said over and over again that he is a Christian, why can't people believe this? They want to hate him and if they can't find real reasons, they will make some up to feed their hatred.

They hate him because he's black, because he's not on board with their extremism, because he's educated, because he's relatively liberal. Everything else is just a hollow justification to mask all the reasons they can't say out in the open.

Which of course you already knew......but I'm all fired up now this morning so I had to heap my post on top of yours.

Oh....and.....good morning! ;)

He has said over and over again that he is a Christian, why can't people believe this? They want to hate him and if they can't find real reasons, they will make some up to feed their hatred.

The more I read about this follower, Kristi, the more I feel like I'm actually related to her, at least through her husband's family :shock: Knowing how that part of the family is, somehow her comments don't surprise me at all. And if she's like the rest of them, yes, the fact that Obama is black is a huge part of their problem with him.

How is the joke on her? The holy book isn't exactly peaceful even if the name is from the s-l-m root. But lots of words have that root and the actual meaning of Islam is submission.

...in a sense of becoming whole, dropping conflicts. Wholeness. Not violence. Not disputing what "Islam" means, but there's a lot of crap out there extrapolating that it must be all kinds of awful, when really quite a few words from the s-l-m root ("whole", "safe") imply the opposite of violence.

So yes, I had a bit of a laugh at Courtney. Neither the Judeo-Christian nor the Muslim holy books are exactly guidebooks to pacifism, it's true, but they're no worse than each other. They just come with different contexts and are direly misinterpreted by different groups of extremist arseholes. If Courtney thinks her side's innocent, she might think again.

If Courtney thinks her side's innocent, she might think again.

If Courtney thinks at all, it would be a vast improvement. :twisted:

Kristi is the same Kristi who writes Thimble Thoughts and God gives her special parking spots when she goes shopping, right? Is she related to Courtney? Anyone know how they are connected?

Kristi is the same Kristi who writes Thimble Thoughts and God gives her special parking spots when she goes shopping, right? Is she related to Courtney? Anyone know how they are connected?

Wow I never realized that. I don't follow thimble thoughts, but that's definitely her. I just went back and read her adventure with off brand soda, where she blamed the company for the fact that she didnt read the label :doh:

Archived