IGNORED

Courtney on Muslims

Jessica

"I'm not usually political and I know for a fact some of my readers have the exact opposite views of me, BUT if for NO other reason please vote Obama OUT for his apologetic/tolerant spirit of these people. They are NOT a peaceful religion and WILL take over America if we let them. They've done it to other countries in the past. Is that what we want??"

http://twitchy.com/2012/09/15/​australians-shocked-by-muslim-m​en-and-kids-signs-behead-all-t​hose-who-insult-the-prophet/ (on her Facebook)

Please, someone who followers her page go talk about the scary Christians who are trying to force their religion on others by denying gay people the right to marry. Link her to this Christian who wants to kill all gay people and can find stuff in the Bible to back this up. Then let her tell us Christianity is peaceful.

http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2012/06/07/p ... ate-pastor

"I'm not usually political and I know for a fact some of my readers have the exact opposite views of me, BUT if for NO other reason please vote Obama OUT for his apologetic/tolerant spirit of these people. They are NOT a peaceful religion and WILL take over America if we let them. They've done it to other countries in the past. Is that what we want??"

Funny, if the link hadn't mentioned Muslims I wouldn't have been able to tell if she was talking about fundie Islam or fundie Christianity.

They hatred shown towards Muslims by Christians is unbelievable. These acts are done by extremist. How hard is that to understand?! This doesn't mean that most of the other Muslims agree with these actions and want to go and start screaming "Off with their heads!"

They hatred shown towards Muslims by Christians is unbelievable. These acts are done by extremist. How hard is that to understand?! This doesn't mean that most of the other Muslims agree with these actions and want to go and start screaming "Off with their heads!"

This.

Fundie Christians are the same as fundie Muslims and the same as any fundies anywhere. If one decides Muslims' holy book and holy Scriptures are filled with evil and subversion, I'd ask that person to read the Bible. All the way through, making notes. Then take a history course with detailed descriptions of how Christianity shaped the modern world as we know it Then come back to me and tell me about how Christianity is filled with peace, love and holiness.

Please, someone who followers her page go talk about the scary Christians who are trying to force their religion on others by denying gay people the right to marry. Link her to this Christian who wants to kill all gay people and can find stuff in the Bible to back this up. Then let her tell us Christianity is peaceful.

http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2012/06/07/p ... ate-pastor

Or the scary Christians who want to take away *birth control* (to say nothing of the choice to have an abortion or not).

Or the scary Christians who think women shouldn't work outside the home or vote or wear pants or cut their hair or....

I mean seriously, some of these people are Christian versions of the Taliban.

Guest Anonymous

http://twitchy.com/2012/09/15/​australians-shocked-by-muslim-m​en-and-kids-signs-behead-all-t​hose-who-insult-the-prophet/ (on her Facebook)

She's an idiot. There have been protests and Americans have been killed, but there have also been pro-America rallies where Libyan Muslims held signs apologizing for what happened. There are a lot of people in Libya and the violence was done by a few.

Photos: http://www.buzzfeed.com/jtes/19-more-ph ... r-american

On the heels of Tuesday's deadly attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, protesters took to the streets of Tripoli to offer condolences for the death of U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and express their disapproval of the protests against a film that demonstrators deemed blasphemous to the Prophet Muhammad.

Bearing signs that read "RIP Christopher Stevens" and "This is not how we thank who helped us when we needed help the most," among other anti-terrorist sentiments, the demonstration maintained its message of peace and the belief that not all people in Libya agree with those who attacked the consulate.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/1 ... 81798.html

I find it strange when fundie Christians are so against fundie Muslims when they actually agree on most points. A lot of fundie Christians want to remake America into something more resembling Saudi Arabia, yet they have so much hate for Muslim extremists who they are exactly like.

I find it strange when fundie Christians are so against fundie Muslims when they actually agree on most points. A lot of fundie Christians want to remake America into something more resembling Saudi Arabia, yet they have so much hate for Muslim extremists who they are exactly like.

This.

An extremist is an extremist no matter what "flavor" of religion they happen to practice. For the life of me, I just don't understand why the general population cannot remove their heads out of their asses and realize that. For the majority of Christians, have they ever read the Old Testament? Ever? Peaceful religion my ass. I know I'm showing my bias here, but damn. The hypocrisy and stupid hurts my brain. (I was raised going part-time to a more fire and brimstone you're all going to hell type of Baptist church. The thought of hell still gives me the willies, even though I'm in my 30's now and my rational mind is doing it's noble best to cure the brainwashing of early childhood "you're going to hell if you do x, y or z or don't do a, b and c..." )

This.

An extremist is an extremist no matter what "flavor" of religion they happen to practice. For the life of me, I just don't understand why the general population cannot remove their heads out of their asses and realize that. For the majority of Christians, have they ever read the Old Testament? Ever? Peaceful religion my ass. I know I'm showing my bias here, but damn. The hypocrisy and stupid hurts my brain. (I was raised going part-time to a more fire and brimstone you're all going to hell type of Baptist church. The thought of hell still gives me the willies, even though I'm in my 30's now and my rational mind is doing it's noble best to cure the brainwashing of early childhood "you're going to hell if you do x, y or z or don't do a, b and c..." )

One example of Christian extremism is definitely the Crusades. As I mentioned in another thread, the future headship and I were watching "Kingdom of Heaven" recently, and when one of the more tolerant Christians said something about religious fanatics, we agreed that it's still true today. That person was talking about the fanatics among the Templars, but he easily could have been talking about fundie Christians in today's world.

I agree with your statement!! This really bothers me as well.

I agree with your statement!! This really bothers me as well.

I've always wondered that too. Why don't all these religions get along? They are so similar. They have a few minor differences like the name of their god but they agree on all the misogyny, homophobia etc.

That said I am not a fan of Islam AT ALL and it is not peaceful. There are some peaceful individuals but it doesn't teach peace. Neither does Christianity IMO.

Not sure what her link was about. The protest in Australia was damn scary, but her comment implies we have been taken over lol. Um no.

It's mostly just because they're racist and xenophobic.

It's mostly just because they're racist and xenophobic.

I should be glad they don't realize they're exactly the same because if they'd work together they'd probably do a lot of damage. Of course fundie Christians don't want people to think they're like those "brown foreigners" ignoring that Christians or Muslims can look like anything or be from anywhere. If they realized how much they agree I could see them trying to take away a lot of rights from everyone else. Good thing they won't realize it.

Speaking of Courtney she had the baby today. Cade. They keep up this naming trend they'll end up with one called Cinger.

she had it in the driveway!

I bet it's only Cs for males. if she ever get girls she'll name them something else. well 3 kids under 3? and they are moving to a state where they have no families? ya, good luck with that

The joke is a little bit on Courtney, as that s-l-m root found in "Islam" also spells "salaam". Peace.

Typical fundies. They own a hundred concordances and argue over translations of their holy book, but they can't be arsed to delve into the linguistic finer points of anyone else's...

Her follower's comment was even better:

Kristi Birt Morrow That's why he [Obama] and his minions are trying to convice people that it was this film maker's fault. No. It's a God-less religion that teaches nothing but "me" mentality. And he's one of 'em

:doh:

The joke is a little bit on Courtney, as that s-l-m root found in "Islam" also spells "salaam". Peace.

Typical fundies. They own a hundred concordances and argue over translations of their holy book, but they can't be arsed to delve into the linguistic finer points of anyone else's...

How is the joke on her? The holy book isn't exactly peaceful even if the name is from the s-l-m root. But lots of words have that root and the actual meaning of Islam is submission.

Her follower's comment was even better:

:doh:

He has said over and over again that he is a Christian, why can't people believe this? They want to hate him and if they can't find real reasons, they will make some up to feed their hatred.

Ugh. I don't even want to read it. I can't read it. I've only had one cup of coffee. But I can echo this sentiment, which I know has already been expressed here......HOW can fundies not realize THEY are the potentially violent "splinter group" of Christianity??? How can they not see that their own GOAL, their main, true goal is to turn the USA into a Christian theocracy JUST LIKE the Muslim theocracies they so hate? It's too much stupid for my brain to digest this early in the morning. :evil:

Archived