IGNORED

The world HATES children!!!11!!!11

Koala

You're on to us Kendal. The rest of the world hates children. *sigh* You've found us out. :roll:

thefatherknowsbest.com/2012/09/does-world-hate-children.html

Pssstttt...she's even in our secret about the s.c.h.o.o.l.s too. She knows we just send them there so we can roam Target and sip lattes and be jealous of her. Besides, if we weren't roaming Target, who else would say to her, "Are they ALL yours?" Because you know how rare it is to see a woman with 4 children. Why it's practically unheard of. And homeschooling too? That woman's a saint. I feel so guilty that I'm not more like her. I better wander over to the Kleenex aisle so I'll have something to cry into.

In case you want Kendal's secret for such sweet happy children, it's all day "discipline" sessions. Her husband has even been known to stay home to help. Key.to.happiness. right there folks. No Dr. Phil parenting for her. Nope. But she is so HAPPY. And we are JEALOUS! And GUILTY.

raise your hand if you wish you were more like Kendal. Now raise your hand if you wish your mom had been more like Kendal.

No one?

*Gasp*

Damn, who knew?

Ok, Guilty as charged. The offspring started school and I sure as hell enjoyed it.

Why? (I know I wrote this before but if she reads I want her to see it! :lol:)

1. Being with my kids 24/7 was driving me to the brink of insanity. Believe it or not, I don't enjoy being with them all the time, and to paraphrase the Dread Pirate Roberts, anyone who tells you otherwise is lying or selling you an ideology.

2. Now I can attend to my own classes, and have time to study and actually do my homework. This translates into a more stable lifestyle for all of us. There might also be an occasional trip to Target in there, too.

3. Because, hello, the offspring is going to school to learn. That's what it's there for. That's why it's publicly funded and available to all children for free. Even in three weeks, their learning has been dramatic! They have made friends and learned more about the world around them. Homeschooling will, quite simply, NEVER compare to what they can learn in public schools.

None of this is "hating" children. It's taking a rational approach to child development and human emotions--not a 'Bible-based' one.

Kendal's the one who hates children. Even normal people who don't particularly like children wouldn't BEAT them all day. I am so grateful my mom's not like Kendal and I'm sure everyone would agree.

Most of the world loves children.

Fundies hate children. Why else would they beat them, isolate them, give them a poor education and scare them with the idea they would go to hell for everything?

I really wonder if she gets asked if they're all hers that often. I think she would really like that to be the case, like fundies who actually have a significant number of children, but I doubt it. When I was a kid I would often spend time with my best friend and her three younger siblings, even going on vacation with them. Never once can I think of a time when her parents were asked if all five of us were theirs, much less the four that actually were.

Everything the fundies do to children that is supposed to be out of love is the opposite. I don't have kids but it's totally obvious. They've redefined the word in their own little worlds because there's no other way that deliberately leaving them ignorant, abusing them both physically and emotionally, and not providing adequate food or clothing is love. No fucking way.

If I had kids, I'd want them educated. Probably in schools, but even if I homeschooled at some points, I would actually educate them. I would never, ever, ever, ever beat or abuse them. One way or another, including (gasp!) government aid if necessary, I would see that they were fed and clothed. And most importantly, loved. For themselves, not for some shell of a person I try to force them to be.

Yep, I just hate and loathe children. Because I want them all to be loved, wanted, and safe. Silly me.

I really wonder if she gets asked if they're all hers that often. I think she would really like that to be the case, like fundies who actually have a significant number of children, but I doubt it. When I was a kid I would often spend time with my best friend and her three younger siblings, even going on vacation with them. Never once can I think of a time when her parents were asked if all five of us were theirs, much less the four that actually were.

I regularly go out with my three children and my friends daughter. I have never once been asked if they were all mine.

When my kids were 3, 2 and a baby I sometimes was, and asked if I had twins, but never recently.

There are 9 kids in my family and we homeschooled when nobody knew what that was, and my mom still didn't get stopped all the time and questioned. And when she didn't she just smiled, answered, and that was it. There was no OMG!!!!!!! THE REST OF THE WORLD DOESN'T LOVE KIDS LIKE I DO!!!!!!!

I certainly don't hate children. With the right marinade, they're delicious.

:lol: Are you related to W.C. Fields?

On a more serious note, can someone please explain to me how isolating your children from most of the world demonstrates love? It sounds a lot more like child abuse to me.

1. Are all those FOUR children yours? Even by today's standards, four children is not really a gaggle.

2. The woman at target, making a comment about how she's glad her children are at school, was inappropriate, given that Kendal had ALL OF HER CHILDREN WITH HER RIGHT AT THAT MOMENT!!!! PERSECUTION!!! (actually, probably a casual, witty, off-hand comment tht 99% of the rest of the un-persecuted world would see as a casual, witty, off-hand remark.)

So just because I don't want to have children I hate them? That makes perfect sense, Kendal! And you're right: All of the parents in the world should take you parenting advice; and the world will be happy and at peace! I mean, just because I like kids who don't howl means I hate kids; obviously. You're right, my mother must feel sooo guilty that I'm not married and having a child. She must also feel guilty that her youngest child is taking advanced classes in public school! And he's still a a non-Christian Roman Catholic to your assuming bitchy entitlement card Christian, le gasp! * :o *

My first car had a sticker on it that almost said just that, except mine was "I love children... properly cooked, of course."

Oh WhatEVER. Even a cursory study of childhood throughout history would make you kiss the ground that you were born in modern times. The notion that childhood should be a period of innocence and education is a very recent one.

A few things we have that we did not have 150 years back:

1) Required education

2)Child protective laws and mandates for minimum standards of care

3) A consumer driven economy that has a huge variety of child centered products. Not to mention laws regarding the safety of said products.

4) Respect for children to be brought up within their own culture.

5) Child labor laws

I still don;t get how only wanting small numbers of children equates to hating them. I don;t go around saying that people with one or two dogs hates them and that they should go adopt the whole shelter.

What Kendall is denying is that children do indeed need a minimum of attention and material goods. Four kids is still doable as attention, esp if there a few years between each of them.

Four kids under age three is another matter.

I know my mom loved me but at the same time she was glad when I went off to school. It was a few hours she had to herself to do what she wanted to do.

As a young child I was very curious and always wanted to know the "why?" to everything. My parents were very involved in my school work and were greatly amused when my kindergarten teacher asked "Doesn't [Claddagh] ever stop asking 'why?' about things?!"

Sure. I hate children. That's why I help homeschool an amazing girl and I tutor 8 other kids. That's totally why I trained in education and work with kids and teens 6 hours a day.

(end sarcasm)

The person at Target may have asked if they were all hers just as an opening line for small talk, and not really cared about the answer. I occasionally talk to other people in line at the check-out - asking about the kids may have just been an easy opening for a conversation. Most people without a persecution complex wouldn't try to see more into the question than was actually intended. Though I haven't ever asked that particular question, having four kids in my (heavily Catholic) area isn't uncommon.

I didn't read the post because I refuse to waste my data on Kendal, but i hope she is acting out in response to being rejected by her adoption agency. No kid deserves that place.

Uh....four children isn't THAT big of a deal.

And I like children though I have no plans to have any of my own. But I hate children who are undisciplined and act up in public to the point where you're kicking me and hitting me while we'll in line at the Target because trust me...I will yell at your ass.

Ok, Guilty as charged. The offspring started school and I sure as hell enjoyed it.

Why? (I know I wrote this before but if she reads I want her to see it! :lol:)

1. Being with my kids 24/7 was driving me to the brink of insanity. Believe it or not, I don't enjoy being with them all the time, and to paraphrase the Dread Pirate Roberts, anyone who tells you otherwise is lying or selling you an ideology.

2. Now I can attend to my own classes, and have time to study and actually do my homework. This translates into a more stable lifestyle for all of us. There might also be an occasional trip to Target in there, too.

3. Because, hello, the offspring is going to school to learn. That's what it's there for. That's why it's publicly funded and available to all children for free. Even in three weeks, their learning has been dramatic! They have made friends and learned more about the world around them. Homeschooling will, quite simply, NEVER compare to what they can learn in public schools.

None of this is "hating" children. It's taking a rational approach to child development and human emotions--not a 'Bible-based' one.

This. So much this. Though my #2 is that I can get my 6-7 hours of daily work (I work from home) done while she's gone and have a lot more quality time with her when she's here, instead of being stressed out because it's so hard to find the right balance. Summer break was tough on both of us, and next year she'll be attending more day camps! Oops, look at me, already planning on how to ditch her because earning a living and wanting her to have something better to do than hang around the house means I hate her guts, right?

Public school made a night-and-day kind of difference in my child last year, when she started Kindergarten. The kind of change and growth I never could've managed by cloistering her in the house (I'm specifically referring to fundie homeschooling here). Now a first-grader, she gets off the bus and skips up the driveway with a huge smile, and proclaims each day as "awesome." Poor thing. Hope Kendal is praying for her.

Had to clean tea off my computer screen before replying.. Thank you Valsa.

To Kendal... seriously? Then read the comments. People disagree with her and all the while she says "I never said that!" over and over. Kendal, YOU DID SAY THAT! You equated the world hating children with sending them off to school and such. You equated people hating children with no spending 24/7 with them. I love children, I plan to spend a lot time with my children in the future, but the Partner and I have already figured out ways for us to spend time ALONE as well... and there is nothing wrong with that. Perhaps if you spent some time alone you'd realize how much DAMAGE you are doing to your children.

Archived