IGNORED

Sprouls

snickerz

Darby, is your family against birth control or sex education? It amazes me that a lot of prolifers don't understand that preventing abortion means preventing unwanted pregnancies. Abstinence doesn't work because because sex is a powerful urge. I think that statistics say that something like over 90% of couples had sex before marriage. That is a very high percentage. While an individual might decide to remain celibate until marriage, most people won't. So, it makes far better sense to make certain that birth control is easily available.

Prolifers should be protesting companies like Hobby Lobby that are trying to dodge offering insurance that supply women with birth control. Hobby Lobby's anti birth control stance will probably lead to more abortions than anything Planned Parenthood could do.

Hi all-

I just want to address something that has been said about me in this thread, and in the past.

I realize that this is your playground, your rules, so I'm not going to hand slap

, you're free to do and say whatever you want.

But saying that I don't care about women, or that I don't care about the child after it's been born, is completely untrue. My family has adopted two children, and I go to the abortion clinic every week, not to yell at women or to prey on them, but to offer them help. Tell them that they are free to stay in my house, offer them money, offer them food, offer them whatever it is they need before and after their pregnancy. Some of them take me up on it.

That's nice that some of your ambushing might get to these women, but you're still harrassing them outside the clinic.

I realize that most Christians (and the Republican Party in general) DO only care about the child while it's in the womb, and then after that say "Well, it's your problem honey, deal with it."

But I am not one of them. I genuinely desire to help these women and show them the love of Christ, both before, during, and after their pregnancy.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful here, ma'am....and actually this is something that I've wondered with all fundies...but aren't there more pressing matters in this world...like say I dunno, the ecomony, helping out the homeless...then going to the local abortion clinic to stop women from choosing what they wish to do?

Experiencedd has obviously been BBQ-ing again :shock:

Big squee at the new avatar :lol:

Nope, I burned some weed and seeded a couple of pounds of tomatoes. I can't claim this one. But it is proof that Ms. Darby lurks here.

Hi all-

I just want to address something that has been said about me in this thread, and in the past.

I realize that this is your playground, your rules, so I'm not going to hand slap

, you're free to do and say whatever you want but not talk shit about me, 'cause I make the rules of the internet.

But saying that I don't care about women, or that I don't care about the child after it's been born, is completely untrue. My family has adopted two children ready for brainwashing, and I go to the abortion clinic every week, not to yell at women or to prey (Freudian slip? :? ) on them, but to offer them help. Tell them that they are free to stay in my house, offer them money, offer them food, offer them whatever it is they need before and after their pregnancy. Some of them take me up on it.

I realize that most Christians people like myself and my father (and the Republican Party in general) DO only care about the child while it's in the womb, and then after that say "Well, it's your problem honey, deal with it."

But I am not one of them. I genuinely desire to help shame these women and show them the love of Christ, both before, during, and after their pregnancy.

Obviously we disagree on a myriad of things, but hopefully that clears that misconception up. :)

Again, it's your playground your rules, so you may snark on me all you wish, but I ask that as I have not vilified you, that you do the same for me. I don't plan to return and engage you, as I find that most people that do that here either A. Get their feelings hurt further butthurt that their emotions and religious opinions can't rule over other people's lives, or B. Make fools of themselves.

Have a nice day. :)

~Darby Sproul

P.S. In case any of you were curious (probably not too many, considering it seems we are on the bottom of the fundie chain I want more attention for my page!1!, or maybe even fundie lite? I can't keep track. ;)) my father does not plan on remarrying. We have someone who spends about 20 hours a week helping our family, on salary. I help out as well, but I have three other jobs outside the home, plus college (yeah, I guess it's safe to say I'm fundie lite) so I keep plenty busy.

Fixed that for ya, dearie. ;) We're not stupid, hon. Most of us can translate fundy. You're just insulted because we called you out for being what you are, an anti-choicer. As I said to catdogandbirdmommy: Deal with it.

Fixed that for ya, dearie. ;) We're not stupid, hon. Most of us can translate fundy. You're just insulted because we called you out for being what you are, an anti-choicer. As I said to catdogandbirdmommy: Deal with it.

Bravo :clap:

Hi all-

, you're free to do and say whatever you want.

But saying that I don't care about women, or that I don't care about the child after it's been born, is completely untrue. My family has adopted two children, and I go to the abortion clinic every week, not to yell at women or to prey on them, but to offer them help. Tell them that they are free to stay in my house, offer them money, offer them food, offer them whatever it is they need before and after their pregnancy. Some of them take me up on it.

I realize that most Christians (and the Republican Party in general) DO only care about the child while it's in the womb, and then after that say "Well, it's your problem honey, deal with it."

But I am not one of them. I genuinely desire to help these women and show them the love of Christ, both before, during, and after their pregnancy.

Obviously we disagree on a myriad of things, but hopefully that clears that misconception up. :)

Again, it's your playground your rules, so you may snark on me all you wish, but I ask that as I have not vilified you, that you do the same for me. I don't plan to return and engage you, as I find that most people that do that here either A. Get their feelings hurt further, or B. Make fools of themselves.

Have a nice day. :)

~Darby Sproul

P.S. In case any of you were curious (probably not too many, considering it seems we are on the bottom of the fundie chain, or maybe even fundie lite? I can't keep track. ;)) my father does not plan on remarrying. We have someone who spends about 20 hours a week helping our family, on salary. I help out as well, but I have three other jobs outside the home, plus college (yeah, I guess it's safe to say I'm fundie lite) so I keep plenty busy.

This is all I have to say to you, Ms. Sproul:

8045215590_5c04a87ba5_b.jpg

Read it several times and think about it. HARD.

Guest Anonymous

I don't agree with what she's doing, but I believe that Darby appropriately used the word "prey" in her sentence to convey her meaning. She doesn't think that she's preying on those women. Her views may be fucked up, but her grammar is okay.

Darby and several other folks on Facebook are promoting the Cultivate Wines contest, and in particular, voting for a Samaritan Ministries affiliated outfit called The Morning Center. Grand prize is 50K with 5 runners up each getting 10K.

To see all the organizations up for a vote, and those who are in the lead, click here: http://www.cultivatewines.com/give/

I am curious if this has already been discussed elsewhere - I didn't get any hits on my search. In any case, it might be nice for the FJers of the interwebz to consider bolstering some of the other organizations on the list with daily votes. There are four weeks left in voting, so there is plenty of time for other groups to get good votes.

I can't start new threads otherwise I would have added this separately.

If you're anti-abortion for yourself, I have no problem with you whatsoever. If you're anti-abortion for other people, then I have a big problem.

Same here.

Mirele I love that picture. If there is a god I think he/she is judging America more on the fact that gay marriage isn't legal in most places and that abortion is such a Big Fucking Deal. I'm sure he/she'd be up there SMH

Archived