IGNORED

Sprouls

snickerz

Just browsing FB. Darby Sproul & her father are certainly a couple of vile pieces of work. Virtually every FB post is about abortion. Including comparing Sept 11 to abortion. (Darby:

I mourn for the 3000 that died 11 years ago.I mourn for the 3000 that will die today.
Her father:
How many more Christians will remember today what happened eleven years ago that forgot what happened January 22, 1973?

Oh, and on a post about politics, she mentions

But the guy I will be voting for is named Virgil Goode of the Constitution Party. 100% pro life which is all that matters to me. :)
Pretty much sums it up - that's ALL that matters to them. Defense? Education? Healthcare? Economy? Crime? War? Drug Problem? Immigration? Middle East? Having your vote actually count? Who cares about stuff like that? There's one and only one issue that matters.

There are righteous xtians that are on other forums I post on. They sit in front of their computers all day long and decry abortion. None of them actually do squat about it, one guy lives 3 blocks from a facility that provides abortions and day in and out he rants about abortion. Mind you he is a 65 yo male virgin.

Glad they're voting the Constitution Party nut-wad. That will syphon votes off Romney.

That's what gets me about these people - they vote for people who have NO chance of winning! Why even bother? Maybe this just shows my ignorance in the whole thing, but I just don't get it.

That's what gets me about these people - they vote for people who have NO chance of winning! Why even bother? Maybe this just shows my ignorance in the whole thing, but I just don't get it.

Because they dont understand how elections work. Individual votes dont count unless your party gets the delegate vote. This is why America is a Republic instead of a Democracy. The founding fathers were afraid of mob rule. I now understand why they were afraid of that.

It may be that they think it will show support for third parties and so it will send a message to Congress that other parties deserve a chance - hahaha the dopey part is that Congress LOVES third parties, because they siphon off votes from the competition, they are very happy having them around but not giving them a real part in a parliamentary system. Yeah go for it, Constitution Party! :D Oh man, I was SHOCKED to realize last Spring that I knew the candidate for the CP one year, maybe 2008? I was friends with his brother - who was NOT like that when I knew him 20 years ago. Yikes. Oh wait no it was 2004, Michael Peroutka. He's gotten in with some nutty folks. :(

Pretty much sums it up - that's ALL that matters to them. Defense? Education? Healthcare? Economy? Crime? War? Drug Problem? Immigration? Middle East? Having your vote actually count? Who cares about stuff like that? There's one and only one issue that matters.

Thats pretty much what pro life seems to be about-all they care about is keeping the fetus alive when its in the uterus, but once its out it can fend for itself (pretty much the Duggar philosophy on parenting). They dont care that once that fetus is born, it may have parents who dont love it and abandon it, or abuse it, or how it might be born into a family where they are too poor to afford to feed another child. It might be born with disabilities that arent really compatible with life and would die very young. That fetus might also be born into a world where there is a lot of crime, theres a poor standard of education and no job prospects when it grows up...

It shouldnt be the only thing that matters to them, as if they like fetuses so much, they should like babies too, and want the best possible life for them.

This girl is a nutjob!! (thanks for the link to her Facebook page). I have a huge issue w/ her comparing 9/11 to abortion. She & her family r nuts. Also it was hard to tell how many siblings does she have?

Because they dont understand how elections work. Individual votes dont count unless your party gets the delegate vote. This is why America is a Republic instead of a Democracy. The founding fathers were afraid of mob rule. I now understand why they were afraid of that.

Sucks to be American; democracy is awesome! "third" parties are great when they have power. Where I am, Greens has 14/120ish parliamentary seats (and looks to gain more next election), a further left party has one seat, and the ONLY far right party has a single seat. I suspect in the States if smaller parties were a thing you would have a much more moderate republican party, because they wouldn't be as much of a need to cater to the fringes.

There are righteous xtians that are on other forums I post on. They sit in front of their computers all day long and decry abortion. None of them actually do squat about it, one guy lives 3 blocks from a facility that provides abortions and day in and out he rants about abortion. Mind you he is a 65 yo male virgin.

In his defense, I'd probably also be a raving loon if I was 65 and had never gotten any.

*slams head against wall*

OK, so I'm pro life. Pretty seriously, actually. But you know what? What the Sprouls are doing doesn't help ANYONE. You know what reduces abortions? Making sure that birth control is available to all, free of cost, and everyone gets a GOOD sexual education. THAT prevents unwanted pregnancies, which reduces abortions. FFS, they are being despicable. Don't whine. Act by helping women. Act by working to reduce poverty and improve services to those who want them. Act by giving people a good education. Reducing unwanted pregnancies in the first place is the best way to reduce abortions. Like it or not, they are legal in this country. And frankly, if they are going to happen anyway, I want them safe and regulated so that no one is forced to go to a back alley butcher the way people used to.

*edited because verbs are good, and I should use more of them.

Guest Anonymous

OK, so I'm pro life. Pretty seriously, actually. But you know what? What the Sprouls are doing doesn't help ANYONE. You know what reduces abortions? Making sure that birth control is available to all, free of cost, and everyone gets a GOOD sexual education. THAT prevents unwanted pregnancies, which reduces abortions. FFS, they are being despicable. Don't whine. Act by helping women. Act by working to reduce poverty and improve services to those who want them. Act by giving people a good education. Reducing unwanted pregnancies in the first place is the best way to reduce abortions. Like it or not, they are legal in this country. And frankly, if they are going to happen anyway, I want them safe and regulated so that no one is forced to go to a back alley butcher the way people used to.

Well, as long as you're the good kind of pro-life! :roll:

Sorry, was that arsey of me?

Eh, no skin off my back. I know that I'm in the minority here, and I'm not out to proselytize to anyone. But hey, at least I'm a Democrat :)

It seems that she wants abortion to remain legal so she is actually pro-choice. Sanctimonious and hand-wringing about it, but still pro-choice.

Guest Anonymous

It seems that she wants abortion to remain legal so she is actually pro-choice. Sanctimonious and hand-wringing about it, but still pro-choice.

Quite a lot of "pro-life" people are really pro-choice. That's why they brag about choosing to carry a pregnancy to term when they get pregnant at sixteen / with a baby with disabilities, etc.

Guest Anonymous

If you're anti-abortion for yourself, I have no problem with you whatsoever. If you're anti-abortion for other people, then I have a big problem.

If you're anti-abortion for yourself, I have no problem with you whatsoever. If you're anti-abortion for other people, then I have a big problem.

Me too. Why would you think you have the right to determine other peoples' choices? Why is what you feel is right so important that it should determine what other people do, regardless of what they feel is right?I don't care what choice you'd make as long as you allow other women the opportunity to make a choice as well. Birth control and good sex education will prevent a lot of unwanted pregnancies, and probably a lot of abortions, but it's still going to happen for a wide variety of reasons, all reasons being equally valid.

Me too. Why would you think you have the right to determine other peoples' choices? Why is what you feel is right so important that it should determine what other people do, regardless of what they feel is right?I don't care what choice you'd make as long as you allow other women the opportunity to make a choice as well. Birth control and good sex education will prevent a lot of unwanted pregnancies, and probably a lot of abortions, but it's still going to happen for a wide variety of reasons, all reasons being equally valid.

Right. I would love to live in a world without abortion. It would be a world where no woman got pregnant if she didn't want to be, no pregnancy ever threatened the life of the mother, no fetuses had genetic conditions incompatible with life, and every baby was born healthy. I'd also love to live in a world where nobody got cancer or even appendicitis. Unfortunately, I don't live in that world. Unfortunately, that world isn't possible.

I don't see where people get off telling other people that they should be forced to carry a pregnancy to term. I've always been pro-choice, because I grew up in a liberal family and never considered a fetus to be a person. But, recently, I just get so angry at the idea that people have the audacity to tell women what they are supposed to do with their bodies.

I've always considered myself a feminist, but I never felt particularly passionate and outspoken about it until I started reading FJ.

I don't agree with your views, but it's okay. Like someone says, if it's your own choice, fine.

Just don't go preaching about how abortion is wrong and how birth control should be stopped.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all-

I just want to address something that has been said about me in this thread, and in the past.

I realize that this is your playground, your rules, so I'm not going to hand slap

, you're free to do and say whatever you want.

But saying that I don't care about women, or that I don't care about the child after it's been born, is completely untrue. My family has adopted two children, and I go to the abortion clinic every week, not to yell at women or to prey on them, but to offer them help. Tell them that they are free to stay in my house, offer them money, offer them food, offer them whatever it is they need before and after their pregnancy. Some of them take me up on it.

I realize that most Christians (and the Republican Party in general) DO only care about the child while it's in the womb, and then after that say "Well, it's your problem honey, deal with it."

But I am not one of them. I genuinely desire to help these women and show them the love of Christ, both before, during, and after their pregnancy.

Obviously we disagree on a myriad of things, but hopefully that clears that misconception up. :)

Again, it's your playground your rules, so you may snark on me all you wish, but I ask that as I have not vilified you, that you do the same for me. I don't plan to return and engage you, as I find that most people that do that here either A. Get their feelings hurt further, or B. Make fools of themselves.

Have a nice day. :)

~Darby Sproul

P.S. In case any of you were curious (probably not too many, considering it seems we are on the bottom of the fundie chain, or maybe even fundie lite? I can't keep track. ;)) my father does not plan on remarrying. We have someone who spends about 20 hours a week helping our family, on salary. I help out as well, but I have three other jobs outside the home, plus college (yeah, I guess it's safe to say I'm fundie lite) so I keep plenty busy.

Guest Anonymous
Hi all-

I just want to address something that has been said about me in this thread, and in the past.

I realize that this is your playground, your rules, so I'm not going to hand slap

, you're free to do and say whatever you want.

But saying that I don't care about women, or that I don't care about the child after it's been born, is completely untrue. My family has adopted two children, and I go to the abortion clinic every week, not to yell at women or to prey on them, but to offer them help. Tell them that they are free to stay in my house, offer them money, offer them food, offer them whatever it is they need before and after their pregnancy. Some of them take me up on it.

I realize that most Christians (and the Republican Party in general) DO only care about the child while it's in the womb, and then after that say "Well, it's your problem honey, deal with it."

But I am not one of them. I genuinely desire to help these women and show them the love of Christ, both before, during, and after their pregnancy.

Obviously we disagree on a myriad of things, but hopefully that clears that misconception up. :)

Again, it's your playground your rules, so you may snark on me all you wish, but I ask that as I have not vilified you, that you do the same for me. I don't plan to return and engage you, as I find that most people that do that here either A. Get their feelings hurt further, or B. Make fools of themselves.

~Darby Sproul

P.S. In case any of you were curious (probably not too many, considering it seems we are on the bottom of the fundie chain, or maybe even fundie lite? I can't keep track. ;)) my father does not plan on remarrying. We have someone who spends about 20 hours a week helping our family, on salary. I help out as well, but I have three other jobs outside the home, plus college (yeah, I guess it's safe to say I'm fundie lite) so I keep plenty busy.

I'm new to this, and I don't know you (In fact, I've only read this one post on the subject.), but it seems like your version of 'help' is ambushing people outside abortion clinics, hassling them, and then thinking that you can bribe them. I don't think you should be so proud that some people have been successfully broken by your bully tactics.

If I'm wrong, I hope an FJer will steer me in the right direction on this.

ETA: I've just noticed that I've commented on this topic before. So I guess I'm not so new to it. Oops!

I'm new to this, and I don't know you (In fact, I've only read this one post on the subject.), but it seems like your version of 'help' is ambushing people outside abortion clinics, hassling them, and then thinking that you can bribe them. I don't think you should be so proud that some people have been successfully broken by your bully tactics.

If I'm wrong, I hope an FJer will steer me in the right direction on this.

Sogba - not here to tell you you're wrong, just here to give you kudos for saying it so much better than I! :clap:

Hi all-

, you're free to do and say whatever you want.How gracious of you. :roll:

But saying that I don't care about women, or that I don't care about the child after it's been born, is completely untrue. My family has adopted two children, and I go to the abortion clinic every week, not to yell at women or to prey on them, but to offer them help. Tell them that they are free to stay in my house, offer them money, offer them food, offer them whatever it is they need before and after their pregnancy. Some of them take me up on it. And if they do, their children can be doled out to deserving folks who are going to raise them as less than if if they are females and future patriarchs if they are male. If the mother's get to keep their spawn, they will need to forfeit your largess should they choose to be autonomous woman.

I realize that most Christians (and the Republican Party in general) DO only care about the child while it's in the womb, and then after that say "Well, it's your problem honey, deal with it."Gosh and some how your daddy has forgotten to glowingly report on how his ministry is any different. Instead, as the eldest, you will carry his water. It's pretty obvious you aren't voting for Obama.

But I am not one of them. I genuinely desire to help these women and show them the love of Christ, both before, during, and after their pregnancy. As long as they are not sexually active outside of marriage and ascribe to your theology

Obviously we disagree on a myriad of things, but hopefully that clears that misconception up. :)Yea but it warms the cockles of my old heart to know you are lurking here, just waiting for the sainted Sproul name to appear in pixels.

Again, it's your playground your rules, so you may snark on me all you wish, but I ask that as I have not vilified you, that you do the same for me. I don't plan to return and engage you, as I find that most people that do that here either A. Get their feelings hurt further, or B. Make fools of themselves. All the fundies say that at least once.

~Darby Sproul

IMHO your father is one of the most odious of his ilk. But I probably thought that since before you were born.

Archived