IGNORED

TTH wants to end women's suffrage

SpeakNow

If you have a strong, strong stomach click on the link for the woman who the TTH is citing. It is some of the most vile, sexist, racist, spewing of pure stupidity I have ever read. I honestly feel physically ill(well, to be fair, I do have the flu) after reading various posts on that woman's website. I'm sure she's been snarked on by FJ before.

Ann Barnhardt is absolutely off the rails! However, don't be surprised if she gets her own radio gig or gets hired by Fox News. The right wing media eats her shit up with a spoon.

And like Stinking Lousewife and Ann Barnhardt, Terry from Breathing Grace doesn't think women should have the right to vote.

http://terrybreathinggrace.wordpress.co ... mens-vote/

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was taught as a kid that you never tell anyone who you voted for.

Me too. And also, ALSO, that it was impolite to ASK someone who they voted for. I can't tell you how many people asked me in '08, right out, who I was voting for. It's amazing to me. They seriously seemed to think that it was SO important to push their agenda (basically, don't vote for that bad, bad black man) that it was ok to completely disregard common courtesy or respect.

As for this twit and the suffrage issue, give me a fucking break. This country has not gone to hell, literally or figuratively, it just hasn't gone the way the fundies want it to, and their response is to throw huge, very public, very idiotic temper tantrums. But everybody's not living the way I want them to! (Sob) Everybody is not following the book I base my life on!! (Stamping feet) Nobody is playing by MY rules so they must ALL BE WRONG! (Full blown, on the floor, red face, kicking and screaming). Come to think of it, in the case of this type of tantrum I think even I would advocate spanking. :roll:

I think they should all go form their own colony somewhere and move to it and leave the rest of us alone.

I am "literally" in shock that these people (I clicked through to a couple of other links, too) believe that government employees don't pay taxes. The fuck?? Just where is that huge chunk of my husband's paycheck going? And apparently being a government employee would disqualify even my husband from voting. I read the one guy's "explanation" of why we don't pay taxes. It was "literally" a steaming, hot pile of shit.

Then there was this gem:

"One house in our church has five adults, the youngest of which is in his late 40s. My family has 11 people, only three old enough to vote (hubby, oldest dd, and I). Why should their house with half as many people have nearly twice the number of votes?"

What the literal fuck??? :?

I am "literally" in shock that these people (I clicked through to a couple of other links, too) believe that government employees don't pay taxes. The fuck?? Just where is that huge chunk of my husband's paycheck going? And apparently being a government employee would disqualify even my husband from voting. I read the one guy's "explanation" of why we don't pay taxes. It was "literally" a steaming, hot pile of shit.

Then there was this gem:

I don't get why they think it should be by household. I cannot wrap my brain around the stupid.

It never ceases to amaze me that they think, because they don't like something or their morality says something is bad or they interpret the Bible in a particular way, all of us should have to live that way.

If you think women voting is bad, then you're welcome not to vote. However, you don't get to impose that on everyone else.

It never ceases to amaze me that they think, because they don't like something or their morality says something is bad or they interpret the Bible in a particular way, all of us should have to live that way.

If you think women voting is bad, then you're welcome not to vote. However, you don't get to impose that on everyone else.

Exactly. If all the women who thought it was bad to vote didn't vote, then it would just mean less chance for the fundie initiatives to be passed. I don't understand why they think they have the right to impose their morality on others. How did they get that idea? Not everyone in the country believes in their God, so why should that be the basis for laws? They can decide not to vote, to wear skirts only, to not have abortions, to not get gay married and to not believe in evolution all they want. Although I think their beliefs are absolutely ridiculous, the biggest problem is they try to force those beliefs on others. If everyone just did what they thought was best for them, as long as it didn't hurt anyone else, the world would be a better place.

My idea of the world going to Hell is pretty much the world turning out the way the fundies want.

Exactly. If all the women who thought it was bad to vote didn't vote, then it would just mean less chance for the fundie initiatives to be passed. I don't understand why they think they have the right to impose their morality on others. How did they get that idea? Not everyone in the country believes in their God, so why should that be the basis for laws? They can decide not to vote, to wear skirts only, to not have abortions, to not get gay married and to not believe in evolution all they want. Although I think their beliefs are absolutely ridiculous, the biggest problem is they try to force those beliefs on others. If everyone just did what they thought was best for them, as long as it didn't hurt anyone else, the world would be a better place.

My idea of the world going to Hell is pretty much the world turning out the way the fundies want.

Duh! Because their god is the ~*real*~ god. The others are either misguided, or just being lied to. It really sickens me that these fundies cannot see that a secular society is the only society in which they will be allowed to practice their own flavour of religion without fear of repercussions. Not being able to pray in schools protects them as just as it protects everyone else. They are just too fucking blind to see it.

I don't get why they think it should be by household. I cannot wrap my brain around the stupid.

Voting by household is something that I've read on reformed sites. The idea is that only the head of the household-usually men- should vote.

"One house in our church has five adults, the youngest of which is in his late 40s. My family has 11 people, only three old enough to vote (hubby, oldest dd, and I). Why should their house with half as many people have nearly twice the number of votes?"

So much stupid, so little time :shock: :?

My solution for TTH is if she doesn't feel women should vote then she should stay at home during the election days.

As a kid I couldn't wait until I was old enough to vote. Once I was old enough to register I marched on down and registered myself.

I was taught as a kid that you never tell anyone who you voted for.

Same here. I was always taught not to discuss politics.

Then there was this gem:

I was literally about to say that about that quote until I saw you already had :lol:

Does anyone know what the Duggars specifically think, as directed by their headhship, on women voting? In the episode where Anna voted, she sounded so excited about it, but then you saw Josh wrapping up their conversation over the sample ballot and he said something like, "ok - so we know how we're voting?" I didn't hear as the royal "we", but that they had agreed on how they were voting as One.

Also, in the same episode, Jim Bob was talking about John David running for office and said that maybe some of his brothers and sisters would run for office too, one day. Do they not mind women holding office? It doesn't seem to go at all with their personal convictions about what women's lives should be like.

Me too. And also, ALSO, that it was impolite to ASK someone who they voted for. I can't tell you how many people asked me in '08, right out, who I was voting for. It's amazing to me. They seriously seemed to think that it was SO important to push their agenda (basically, don't vote for that bad, bad black man) that it was ok to completely disregard common courtesy or respect.

For me it was the other way. After I left the voting booth on my college campus I was practically accosted left and right by activists asking me if I voted for Obama. After I told them that "I voted for who I voted for" I got a lot of disappointed "she must have voted for McCain" looks. Maybe I just want my privacy you twit; isn't that the point of voting in secret?

This makes me sick. What makes me scratch my head is here she is, writing this power trip of a blog preaching to other women - so she's for retaining power and rights when it suits her but everyone should conform? Does she not realize that women giving up certain civil rights basically means we're giving up rights to all those things which we hold dear, like free speech? The ignorance is astounding.

For me it was the other way. After I left the voting booth on my college campus I was practically accosted left and right by activists asking me if I voted for Obama. After I told them that "I voted for who I voted for" I got a lot of disappointed "she must have voted for McCain" looks. Maybe I just want my privacy you twit; isn't that the point of voting in secret?

I hear you. It's wrong from any direction. I was up here in my little, rural farming community getting pressured in one direction, while you were on a college campus getting pressured in the other one. Annoying, either way.

I just went to barnhardt.biz - WOW. Holy shit. Yeah, she's getting a Fox show, it's inevitable. She never seems to drop the ball when it comes to approaching the Nazi/genocide/holocaust asymptote in every single post.

According to you fools, all of the Jews in Poland should have just bought a postage stamp, signed their name across it, and then when the SS came to round them up and/or summarily execute them in the street, WELL, they should have just waved their magic signed postage stamp in those mean old Nazis' faces, and then the SS would have been frozen in their tracks!

This was about why she shouldn't pay taxes.

I would like to inform TTH that it will be a cold day in hell before I give up my right to vote. I'll fight to the death for it and if people value their well-being they'll stay the fuck out of my way when I go to the polls.

I would like to inform TTH that it will be a cold day in hell before I give up my right to vote. I'll fight to the death for it and if people value their well-being they'll stay the fuck out of my way when I go to the polls.

QFT!!!

I just went to barnhardt.biz - WOW. Holy shit. Yeah, she's getting a Fox show, it's inevitable. She never seems to drop the ball when it comes to approaching the Nazi/genocide/holocaust asymptote in every single post.

This was about why she shouldn't pay taxes.

Say whaaa? You don't get to talk about the effing Holocaust like that, you batshit crazy wingnut :naughty: :hand:

AMEN!! :text-bravo: If anyone who wants to take away my right to vote values their manhood, they had better get the fuck out of the way when I go to the polls. :violence-ak47:

Say whaaa? You don't get to talk about the effing Holocaust like that, you batshit crazy wingnut :naughty: :hand:

Needless to say, the content of Ms. Barnhardt's writing is horrifying in its offensiveness. But the writing itself is absolutely awful. She can't write at all. It's like she went to the SOTDRT.

Guest Anonymous
According to you fools, all of the Jews in Poland should have just bought a postage stamp, signed their name across it, and then when the SS came to round them up and/or summarily execute them in the street, WELL, they should have just waved their magic signed postage stamp in those mean old Nazis' faces, and then the SS would have been frozen in their tracks!

What is this supposed to mean? Does anyone know? What is she supposed to be proving? It sounds like random nonsense.

Sadly in my neck of the woods, I've known of couples who vote according to the husband's choice. It has always stunned me.

So when my hubby gets home today, I'll have to show his this thread. He's an ebil Republican and I'm sure will try to use this as justification for my voting his way. Ahhhhhhahahahahahahahahahaha.

p.s. He's a ebil Republican voter but a great hubby [the above would never happen in our marriage].

Here’s the deal. Up until women’s suffrage, a man was the head of his marriage and his household, and his vote represented not just himself but his entire family, including his wife and his children. When men voted, they were conscious of the fact that they were voting not just for themselves and their own personal interests, but they were also charged with the responsibility of discerning and making the ultimate decision about what was in the best interests of their entire family. Wow. Isn’t that nuts? Men being . . . responsible?

What the everliving fuck.

It always amazes me how these antifeminists seem to really hate men. The presumption that when the right to vote was granted to women (without taking it away from the doodz, mind) that men just all decided that they no longer give a shit about their families is actually really offensive to the poor y-chromosomers who are just trying to do their best. Not the most offensive thing in this post by a long shot but I guess I'm more accustomed to misogyny.

But really, anybody who is voting simply in order to enrich themselves alone is an ass. Or possibly Ayn Rand:)

Archived