IGNORED

TTH wants to end women's suffrage

SpeakNow

"Do you know when things really started to go – literally – to hell in this country? When women were given the right to vote seperate and apart from their husbands. What a flipping disaster. This is when the war against marriage and the family began in earnest – and it has taken less than 100 years for both institutions to be almost completely destroyed. And it all started with the damn suffrage."

thinkinghousewife.com/wp/2012/09/ann-barnhardt-on-the-womens-vote/

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, TTH-- you don't like being able to participate in electoral politics? You think it's a problem that women can vote? That's fine. You can stay home on election day. Problem solved.

(Why do I suspect that TTH doesn't have any actual qualms about voting herself, but is endlessly irritated that ebil feminists like me are voting?)

edited for riffle

I think the main problem with women having the right to vote is the inherent conflict of interest involved with the dependent (the woman) telling the provider (the man) what to do

I can't even...

I don't even know if I vote the same way as my husband. We don't talk about who we vote for. It is a private matter and neither of us impose our views on the other. There is no conflict.

This moron probably has no idea what her life would really be like if she didn't have the rights currently afforded to her. I suggest that if she wants women to be stripped of all rights, that she should shut down her blog, get in the kitchen, and shut the fuck up.

Why can't this women does as she preaches; shut up and stay at home; not blogging ever? What's so fucking hard about that? Hypocritical fundies. :evil:

No, not 'literally'. Not 'literally'.

:lol: Seriously! :lol: No, but seriously, if she really believes this, then she needs to stop blogging her opinions. I doubt she'd be allowed to air her thoughts very own womanly thoughts online, if women hadn't been granted the right to vote. It would be freedom of speech for (white) men only.

(Why do I suspect that TTH doesn't have any actual qualms about voting herself, but is endlessly irritated that ebil feminists like me are voting?)

This. I think quite a few fundies recognize the advantage in having their female population vote, even if it's 'feminist.' Say one thing, do another. :roll:

Men respond to this abusive dynamic by withdrawing from their role and purpose as men.

Ann Barnhardt is quite amazing. The first time I ever heard of her was when she announced she was shutting down her Barnhardt Capital Management commodity brokerage business in response to the MF Global collapse scandal where money from segregated customer accounts was stolen. In this initial exposure, her views on cultural issues were not discussed at all. Now we hear she is a full bore supporter of patriarchy going as far as condemning women’s suffrage! This does indicate that support for patriarchy within a Christian context is moving closer to the mainstream.

I feel sick.

WTFH???

Oh my god.

I'll come back when voice comes back.

Wait, so as soon as women got the vote they voted for policies that would see them elevated above the local livestock in terms of social value? Who'd have thought?

It's so odd to see women putting down their gender so viciously. They just don't understand that once the rest of us are submitting to the closest penis, their status is going to plummet as well.

If they don't want to exercise their civic duty go right ahead. You can't take away women's suffrage. (or at least I hope to Science it doesn't because I do worry about all the dangerouns brinkmanship games the GOP is doing with abortion rights and body autonomy for women)

Like as not if if fundie women don't vote it means fewer votes for politicians who likely treat women, lbgt individuals and the poor like second class citizens. Of course sockpuppets can't vote.

That's not surprising. Rush Limbaugh has sad the same thing on his show.

A guest on Sean Hannity's show said it in May.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/05/07/f ... omen-vote/

Thinking giving women the right to vote was a huge mistake is pretty common on the right. Why? Because you take away the right of women to vote, Democrats would never get elected.

"Do you know when things really started to go – literally – to hell in this country?

Somehow I don't think that word means what you think it does.

I can't even...

I don't even know if I vote the same way as my husband. We don't talk about who we vote for. It is a private matter and neither of us impose our views on the other. There is no conflict.

This moron probably has no idea what her life would really be like if she didn't have the rights currently afforded to her. I suggest that if she wants women to be stripped of all rights, that she should shut down her blog, get in the kitchen, and shut the fuck up.

It's sort of this way in my house, except that I make him vote, no matter what. He has a more blasé attitude towards politics than I do. So especially in primaries, or other off-cycle American voting days, when voter turnout is usually abysmally low, I make my husband go. If there is a ballot measure about which most people are utterly uninformed, I inform him, then drag him to the polls (our polling place is literally (not figuratively - look it up)) across the street from our house, so there is no excuse. I hope that he reaches the same conclusion as I have (once I have informed him of all relevant facts), but I leave it alone. He is an adult, and is free to draw his own conclusions, and I respect that. But the fact remains, were this woman not allowed to vote, perhaps nobody in our family would vote, because my "headship" is not so inclined.

I was taught as a kid that you never tell anyone who you voted for.

Heh, that reminds me of a King of the Hill quote:

Bill: "So, who'd you vote for, Hank?"

Luanne: "Nuh-uh-uh! If he tells you, it won't come true!"

I was taught as a kid that you never tell anyone who you voted for.

It was this way in my family as well. My dad's side of the family were all very PC and my mum was always an NDP supporter but we NEVER spoke about it. I know my dad switched sides back when Mike Harris was in power in Ontario, and I am pretty sure he votes NDP now but I am not 100% sure. My parents said that voting is a very private matter and you never talk about it. They also wanted my sister and I to make our own decisions based on the party, not based on how they vote. I liked it that way. We were encouraged to learn, to think critically, and to come up with our own answers.

It's sort of this way in my house, except that I make him vote, no matter what. He has a more blasé attitude towards politics than I do. So especially in primaries, or other off-cycle American voting days, when voter turnout is usually abysmally low, I make my husband go. If there is a ballot measure about which most people are utterly uninformed, I inform him, then drag him to the polls (our polling place is literally (not figuratively - look it up)) across the street from our house, so there is no excuse. I hope that he reaches the same conclusion as I have (once I have informed him of all relevant facts), but I leave it alone. He is an adult, and is free to draw his own conclusions, and I respect that. But the fact remains, were this woman not allowed to vote, perhaps nobody in our family would vote, because my "headship" is not so inclined.

Tbh, if I had to vote on all of the stuff you guys do, I probably wouldn't be arsed either. I'll keep my tiny ballot of 5-6 names!

But see your family is one of those evil democratic families, so it's best if your headship doesn't vote.. cause he won't vote right anyway! :roll:

I guess the Partner and I are weird then... we always talk about who we are voting for, up until we enter the booth. We disagree sometimes and that's cool... our relationship is not built on who he or I voted for. I've never asked anyone else who they voted for, but with the Partner, it's never been a secret. I suppose if he had said he was uncomfortable talking about it, or if I had said that, we wouldn't... but since neither of us tend to care we talk about it all the time. We always vote together, going in before he has to be at work. Obviously we don't vote in the same booth, but after we cast our ballots we'll chit chat with the poll workers and such. It's very relaxed here I suppose.

That's not surprising. Rush Limbaugh has sad the same thing on his show.

A guest on Sean Hannity's show said it in May.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/05/07/f ... omen-vote/

Thinking giving women the right to vote was a huge mistake is pretty common on the right. Why? Because you take away the right of women to vote, Democrats would never get elected.

There are some Democrats whom I wish would recognize that fact, rather than pandering to their colleagues across the aisle who want to limit access to birth control.

This isn't the first time I have heard women who reject suffrage. It's astounding to hear this in the 21st century but there are incredibly warped individuals in this country. I feel any women who feel women shouldn't be allowed to vote should also remember that women were also banned from engaging in political debates. TTH is being hypocritical when she says suffrage is bad while voicing her opinion in a public forum like her blog. If you don't like women voting, don't vote. In fact, don't engage in public discourse of any kind if it's so offensive to ya!

If you have a strong, strong stomach click on the link for the woman who the TTH is citing. It is some of the most vile, sexist, racist, spewing of pure stupidity I have ever read. I honestly feel physically ill(well, to be fair, I do have the flu) after reading various posts on that woman's website. I'm sure she's been snarked on by FJ before.

My husband and I do discuss politics, we find it a stimulating topic of conversation. We usually agree, but sometimes we don't. Thus far, this has not destroyed our marriage since we are civil and respect each other in all of our conversations, not just the ones that are pleasant.

As far as TTH, doesn't she realize that there are lots of places in the world where her patriarchal dreams can come true? I hear Iran whispering her name...

Why would a woman hate women so much? I dont get it, doesnt she realise just how good it is to be treated like a human being and be able to vote?

I dont know why anyone would rather have no rights at all than the rights we have now?

Archived