IGNORED

Happy 18th bday, Jesse Maxwell.

Justme

In a couple of days, you'll be of legal age. Pack a bag and run, run, run!!

What is his bday dinner? It looks like burrito filling over dorrito's... Joshie looks so cute. He's rockin' that "old man with no teeth" look!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
. We celebrated Jesse’s 18th birthday Monday evening. He will officially turn 18 next week while we are on the road. So, we had a family party at home, and I’m sure there will be more celebration when the day actually come.

Do they have any celebrations that aren't just with family members?

The more i learn about this family the more I am creeped out by them and their lifestyle

and beliefs. I am, actually, deeply disturbed by them. Well mostly Steve. He has some control issues, possible OCD, but more likely he is a megomanic.

Also Sarah's writing is insipid and often difficult to read. In another post a few days ago. She got all excited about the mysterious green leaves her sister was measuring out for the road trip, as if the reader couldn't figure out that it was spinach. Either from the looks of it and from reading it on the bag. Sarah had to gleefully point out it was spinach, like the reveal was a grand surprise,in case, the reader couldn't figure it out themselves. I guess she never learned the first lesson of creative writing. Show. Don't tell.

That was a breakfast burrito. Looked like vomit to me, chunky vomit.

Eggs, ground beef and taco seasoning on a uncooked flour tortilla with taco chips on the side. Ugh.

My daughter's breakfast today was 2 whole grain waffles, with cookie butter (crack from Trader Joes) with fresh strawberries. And it wasn't even her birthday.

Do they have any celebrations that aren't just with family members?

The more i learn about this family the more I am creeped out by them and their lifestyle

and beliefs. I am, actually, deeply disturbed by them. Well mostly Steve. He has some control issues, possible OCD, but more likely he is a megomanic.

Also Sarah's writing is insipid and often difficult to read. In another post a few days ago. She got all excited about the mysterious green leaves her sister was measuring out for the road trip, as if the reader couldn't figure out that it was spinach. Either from the looks of it and from reading it on the bag. Sarah had to gleefully point out it was spinach, like the reveal was a grand surprise,in case, the reader couldn't figure it out themselves. I guess she never learned the first lesson of creative writing. Show. Don't tell.

No. The questions about whether they go to the bathroom by themselves aren't just for fun. They do nothing - nothing - without the whole family. Steve did go to the Duggar graduation thing with half the family, and to be honest I am still trying to figure that one out. But, as a whole, they shut themselves off from the world (except to sell themselves to those willing to buy) a long time ago and let no one else in; more importantly, none of them are let out.

I don't know if it's legal, but I do know it's common to sleep in Walmart parking lots.

Stevie boy is taking something that isn't his, without paying for it. Walmart pays taxes and upkeep on that lot, and Steve uses it without paying for it. Pretty rich for a man who believes his stupid writing can't be in a library or sold 'second hand'. Then again, hypocricy is a family trait for most fundies, the Maxwells especially.

He's too cheap to pay to park the stupid bus at a campground equipped to deal with the giant beast of a vehicle, so he rolls into Walmart - probably well after sundown when business is slow - and rolls out before early shoppers start showing up. He may not be seen by people, but his god sees all and his god knows.

They sleep in Walmart parking lots?? Is that legal?

Technically, no, it isn't. But it isn't uncommon.If you look around walmarts in major cities at night, you'll see a fair number of RVs. For the most part, as long as they stay quiet, don't make a mess, and leave in the morning, nobody bothers to tell them to go.

There are some places where they have signs up saying no overnight parking.

Wow when you think about the no selling second hand books thing in light of the walmart thing....Not good Steve. I'd think most of the churches they speak at would let them park in their parking lot for the night. And if not, campgrounds would be a fairly cheap way to go.

Technically, no, it isn't. But it isn't uncommon.If you look around walmarts in major cities at night, you'll see a fair number of RVs. For the most part, as long as they stay quiet, don't make a mess, and leave in the morning, nobody bothers to tell them to go.

There are some places where they have signs up saying no overnight parking.

I heard that the Walmart managers usually don't mind because the RV-ers go into the Walmart and buy stuff. I cannot speak from personal experience, because I don't own an RV and I am a Kmart shopper.

Is there an optical illusion going on w/ this picture, or do the Maxwells have some very unique plates?

http://www.titus2.com/blog/wp-content/u ... C_4968.jpg

On the left side, it looks like an overturned paper plate. On the right side, it looks like a right side up plate (or paper plate).

What gives?

Steve is attempting to bend it into submission.

I thought overnighting in WalMart parking lots in RVs (not in cars or tents) was okay unless the local government banned it. In fact, WalMart used to have a US atlas that specifically showed the locations of all their stores for that expressed purpose. This was a huge issue in our area; the WalMart closest to us had to put up signs in the parking lot saying it wasn't legal to overnight when the local government didn't like some of these folks living in the WalMart parking lot. OTOH, the WalMart next to I-25 in Castle Rock, Colorado, with great views of the Rockies, usually has 10-15 RVs most summer nights.

Me, I don't get it. To pay $150000 and up for one of these monsters, plus gas and maintenance, and then be too cheap to spend money in an RV park and instead spend your evening in a hot parking lot next to a noisy expressway...makes no sense at all.

I heard that the Walmart managers usually don't mind because the RV-ers go into the Walmart and buy stuff. I cannot speak from personal experience, because I don't own an RV and I am a Kmart shopper.

More like they use the toilets and sneak in a quick sink-bath and hair wash at the same time. I've never set foot in one, but aren't many WalMarts open 24/7/365? eta: It just occurred to me that there's a Wally World in another part of my city and it's a really SHITTY area. I've never checked, but if the store is open 24 hrs., I'd frankly be shocked. BUT if it was open and on the Maxes' route (it's a couple turns off a major highway), I'd DARE the Maxes to stay there....and hear the gunfire all night.

It stands to reason Walmart owners would not care if people stay overnight as long as their patrons are quiet and clean. As another poster noted, many RV owners probably end up buying something from the store anyways so they store makes money by looking the other way.

Jesse Maxwell will not know where to run even if he wants to. As a NR Maxwell kid, he never knew friends or pop culture, never been to a movie or sleepover. As far as he knows, the world is a horrible, heathen place. It's just so sad to see these Maxwell kids turn 18 and never know what they're missing out on. Heck, even going to see the Duggars would open up their world. How's tragic is that?

I used to own a VW Vanagon camper van, and spent a lot of nights in Walmart parking lots when on the road. I'd pull in close to the bigger RVs that were inevitably overnighting there, and was never once asked to leave; I'd always heard that Walmart's policy was to welcome RVers as long as they were staying just for the night. It felt safer than parking in rest areas because the lots had better lighting and the RV crowd tends to look out for each other. So while there is plenty to criticize about Steve and the way he runs his family cult, he's not doing anything shady, underhanded, or hypocritical by parking Uriah in a Walmart parking lot for the night.

As for why they wouldn't stay in an RV park, sometimes you just stay on the road as long as you're up to driving safely, and all you need to do is crash for a few hours before getting up and pushing on to your destination. Plus, decent RV parks aren't always as close and convenient to the freeway as Walmart is. I used to do the 1500-mile drive between the last town I lived in and my hometown in two days that way--I never checked in to a campground. I'd need to hit the showers as soon as I reached my destination and parked, but had I a bigger RV I could have taken bucket baths easily enough. (I'm half-assedly looking for a "new" used rig, and while I loved the Vanagon I think Das Land Yacht II is going to be a small Class C for that very reason.)

Also, now that I think about it, a lot of RV parks would charge the Maxwells extra because there are so danged many of them. The fees at the park I used to stay at in my hometown allowed for two adults, two kids (under 18), and one pet; any additional people or animals meant additional fees. Given all the extra adults, on top of the space fee for that huge-ass bus? Staying in an RV park when they don't have to would be a waste of money. Since I barely expect them to break even on this extended ramble, they're better off sticking to Walmart lots as often as they can.

From the FAQ at walmart.com:

While we do not offer electrical service or accommodations typically necessary for RV customers, Walmart values RV travelers and considers them among our best customers. Consequently, we do permit RV parking on our store parking lots as we are able. Permission to park is extended by individual store managers, based on availability of parking space and local laws. Please contact management in each store to ensure accommodations before parking your RV.

http://corporate.walmart.com/frequently-asked-questions

I used to own a VW Vanagon camper van, and spent a lot of nights in Walmart parking lots when on the road. I'd pull in close to the bigger RVs that were inevitably overnighting there, and was never once asked to leave; I'd always heard that Walmart's policy was to welcome RVers as long as they were staying just for the night. It felt safer than parking in rest areas because the lots had better lighting and the RV crowd tends to look out for each other. So while there is plenty to criticize about Steve and the way he runs his family cult, he's not doing anything shady, underhanded, or hypocritical by parking Uriah in a Walmart parking lot for the night.

As for why they wouldn't stay in an RV park, sometimes you just stay on the road as long as you're up to driving safely, and all you need to do is crash for a few hours before getting up and pushing on to your destination. Plus, decent RV parks aren't always as close and convenient to the freeway as Walmart is. I used to do the 1500-mile drive between the last town I lived in and my hometown in two days that way--I never checked in to a campground. I'd need to hit the showers as soon as I reached my destination and parked, but had I a bigger RV I could have taken bucket baths easily enough. (I'm half-assedly looking for a "new" used rig, and while I loved the Vanagon I think Das Land Yacht II is going to be a small Class C for that very reason.)

Also, now that I think about it, a lot of RV parks would charge the Maxwells extra because there are so danged many of them. The fees at the park I used to stay at in my hometown allowed for two adults, two kids (under 18), and one pet; any additional people or animals meant additional fees. Given all the extra adults, on top of the space fee for that huge-ass bus? Staying in an RV park when they don't have to would be a waste of money. Since I barely expect them to break even on this extended ramble, they're better off sticking to Walmart lots as often as they can.

Happy Wave from another former Vanagon owner. :dance: :dance:

I too wish that Jesse Maxwell would run as fast has he can far far away from his family. But I am sure that he will not, I honestly do not think that ANY of the Maxwell children are equipt to be on their own. They have no social skills and only a homeschool education, I really would love for 1 of them to get away to see the outside world.

No. The questions about whether they go to the bathroom by themselves aren't just for fun. They do nothing - nothing - without the whole family. Steve did go to the Duggar graduation thing with half the family, and to be honest I am still trying to figure that one out. But, as a whole, they shut themselves off from the world (except to sell themselves to those willing to buy) a long time ago and let no one else in; more importantly, none of them are let out.

And now even walks must be done as a family. It wasn't enough that the girls sought out "fellowship" time on their own - no, clearly that was unacceptable and now ALL the people must join them. Your cheery tone isn't fooling us, Sarah. You've had some of the last vestiges of your (relative) alone time taken away and it's hurting you. I can see it in your eyes.

The only one (apart from the boys and the married wives) who looks even remotely happy these days is Mary. I dread the day that the light goes out in her.

Do the Maxwells have birthdays? I kinda presumed that would be too fun for them.

I imagine someone would have a happier birthday in jail than in the Maxwell house.

Wow when you think about the no selling second hand books thing in light of the walmart thing....Not good Steve. I'd think most of the churches they speak at would let them park in their parking lot for the night. And if not, campgrounds would be a fairly cheap way to go.

I've wondered about that too. Back in my hometown, traveling ministry groups used to visit several churches year round and it was common to see RVs, camper vans, or trucks with camping trailers in the church parking lots. There were a few ministry groups that only traveled in vans and sometimes families would host them. I remember my fundie lite neighbors hosted members of ministry groups a few times. They would usually host three or four people at a time.

Last year in a Maxwell related thread, a few FJers wondered why the Maxwells are never hosted by families who attend the churches they speak at. Sometime after that, the Maxwells had an event and a family did host them. I do find it weird that the Maxwells don't get more offers for stuff like that.

On the topic of escaping the Maxwell cult, if Jesse or one of the other kids were to escape they could find assistance from mainstream type churches. I'm sure a pastor of a mainstream church might be willing to help a Maxwell kid if he or she heard the whole story of Steve and how the family lives. Another possibility is that someone from the extended family (e.g. cousins) might be willing to help.

I think that if one of the Maxwell kids were to escape that family members would help them out. From the search I just did I think that some extended family r mainstream & they would help the kids.

Archived