IGNORED

More fuckery from Treasures from a Shoebox

Koala

http://treasuresfromashoebox.blogspot.com/2012/09/presentingthe-princess-and-kiss.html

Now the kiss doesn't even belong to the "girl". It is given to her parents by god and then they give it to her (with a shitload of advice on how to use it "wisely"). :?

These people are the definition of creepy. Especially with all of the bullshit Terry and Cheryl have pulled.

The King and Queen tell their daughter that on the day she was born, God gave her a special gift which her parents have guarded for her till now: Her very first kiss. They present her with the kiss (represented by a white rose atop a silver pillow), telling her it is hers to do with as she pleases, but her father admonishes her to wisely save her kiss for the one she will marry.

Goddess this is disturbing.

Seriously, let the girl be normal is that to mcuh to ask. She doesn't need to have a complex over something as normal as a kiss.

I think the fundies would loose it if they visited a culture where kissing as a greeting or casually holding hands was common.

That is seriously one of the creepiest plays I've read about. What is the point of this play other than to say "we own you"... and that's just weird. This family seriously has issues...

What? No golden box for the hymen? This production just falls so flat.

I can seriously picture my (15 years old and never been kissed, that I know of) daughter's eyes rolling back into her head, and the "Yyyyy'okay, Mom..." I would get if I tried to pull that one on her. There's nothing romantic or fairy tale-like about that crap - and this is a woman who still likes stupid fairy tales.

It's based on a book for children. There is also a separate parent's guide that talks about how to "highlight and expand on the virtuous lessons found in the book." I think one of the lessons was to show how sex destroys purity by pouring black pepper into water. It also gives a plan for how to create a "princess ceremony" (purity pledges for young children). Some pages are viewable here:

http://generationsofvirtue.org/store/in ... ssons.html

Pretty sure that book would be thrown back at me if I presented it. There are so many better alternatives. And if a guy ever spent years watching me or my daughter from afar, and observing our purity, I'd beat the shit out of him. That's just creepy.

OMG this was the book that they gave away at the daddy-daughter banquet at my church that made me leave. It was the last straw. I had started there because they seemed like a mainstream kind of church but I started noticing little things and then bigger things and then this. This was too much.

I tore up the copies that were given to my daughters. Yuck.

They present her with the kiss (represented by a white rose atop a silver pillow), telling her it is hers to do with as she pleases, but her father admonishes her to wisely save her kiss for the one she will marry.

I so want to show these people an episode of "The Bachelor" and see their horror at that variation on this custom:)

Wait. This is a purity/morality play written by Cheryl? The self-described "unashamed follower of Jesus Christ" and "wife to Terry for 24 years" who also put out to the guy at the pizza place (her second bout of unfaithfulness)? And wasn't Terry also the pinnacle of morality given he had several affairs, abused Cheryl's oldest daughter, and intentionally shot Cheryl's dog?

WTF???

Wait. This is a purity/morality play written by Cheryl? The self-described "unashamed follower of Jesus Christ" and "wife to Terry for 24 years" who also put out to the guy at the pizza place (her second bout of unfaithfulness)? And wasn't Terry also the pinnacle of morality given he had several affairs, abused Cheryl's oldest daughter, and intentionally shot Cheryl's dog?

WTF???

No, it wasn't written by Cheryl. It was adapted from some supposedly "popular" (maybe in their circles) children's book. Doesn't make it or Cheryl any less fucked up, but, no, she didn't write it.

I've said it before, but I keep waiting for the day when the "gift" goal posts move further back. First it was sex. Now it's first kiss. Some won't hold hands before marriage. Some won't even touch. What's next? First words? "I won't speak to any man until my One True Love." First glance? "I won't look any man in the eye until me One True Love." These people are flat out ridiculous. Kissing isn't even that much fun in my opinion. Sex is the fun part, for me.

That is just wrong. Where, when and in what context does the bible say that shit?

A kiss is personal intimacy. The entire point of it is to express that intimacy between the people doing the kissing. Whether you're kissing your aunt on the cheek or your romantic partner. No parent - or anyone else - has any place in that kiss or any other kisses.

I'm so disgusted I feel sick.

These people give a whole new definition to 'fucked up'.

Color me creeped out!

The part about the princess worrying she'll die an old maid had me shaking my head.

Pretty sure that book would be thrown back at me if I presented it. There are so many better alternatives. And if a guy ever spent years watching me or my daughter from afar, and observing our purity, I'd beat the shit out of him. That's just creepy.

That's what I was thinking!

WHY ARE FUNDIES SO ABNORMALLY OBSESSED WITH THEIR DAUGHTERS' PURITY!?!

Gah! It's just downright creepy. Ad how did any of these teens manage to get through this without busting out laughing? I guess it's easy if everything in your life has been dumbed down to the point of idiocy.

It's like The Princess Bride. Minus the cleverness. And the fun. And Andre the Giant. But it does still end with mawidge, if not wuv, twoo wuv.

Why don't fundie boys ever get creepy purity crap? Like maybe instead of a white rose a ... um ... all I can think of is a set of white sheets, meant to remain clean until his wife bleeds all over them on their wedding night. And that's still really about the girl.

Freaking sexist nutjobs.

WTF???

Dude. Those people are seriously messed up.

Guest Anonymous

Dude. Those people are seriously messed up.

They really, really are. That's leaving out Cheryl sitting on the couch with plumbing line, anxiously waiting for her daughter to come home from school - not so she could hug her and fix her a snack, but so she could spank her. And they wouldn't let Cheryl's oldest daughter even hold or play with the baby. I can't stand them. That family is like an M&M. Thin, crunchy Jesus shell on the outside, filled with evil and hate on the inside.

They really, really are. That's leaving out Cheryl sitting on the couch with plumbing line, anxiously waiting for her daughter to come home from school - not so she could hug her and fix her a snack, but so she could spank her. And they wouldn't let Cheryl's oldest daughter even hold or play with the baby. I can't stand them. That family is like an M&M. Thin, crunchy Jesus shell on the outside, filled with evil and hate on the inside.

The FUCK??? :shock:

I just checked out her "testimony" - it was featured in "Above Rubies" fairly recently (no, I never did bother to cancel my subscription). There was nothing about plumbing line, shooting dogs, or sex with boys at a pizza place...

Guest Anonymous
The FUCK??? :shock:

Two-year old Haley had been caught in wrongdoing and then lied when asked about her involvement. This is a spanking issue in our home. In my serious, somber mommy voice I said, "We must visit the bathroom." She put her head down and reluctantly walked to the room where she knew the discipline was to be administered.

Applying the "rod" was still new to me. My children had been completely out of control until our Pastor shared a wonderful book with us: To Train Up a Child by Michael and Debi Pearl. I read that book in a day and when Stephanie arrived home from school one Wednesday afternoon I was sitting on the sofa with the book in one hand and a brand new spanker stick (a piece of plumber's tubing) in the other. I gently, but firmly explained that up to this point the children had been ruling the house, but that God commands that the parents are to lead and instruct and children are commanded to obey. We discussed what issues would constitute a spanking. Lying would merit a trip to the bathroom.

We had been teaching Stephanie and Emily to pray after their discipline, to confess their sin to the Lord and to ask His forgiveness. Terry and I wanted them to understand that sin separates us from the Lord and we must repent in order for the fellowship with our Heavenly Father to be restored. Haley was nearly three years old and usually I prayed for her. But this day I decided that she could pray and ask forgiveness herself. I explained all of this to her, as she was quieting down after the spanking.

She bowed her head before me and closed her sad, brown eyes. With her little hands folded and a single tear slowly streaming down her cheek, she sincerely prayed, "Dear Heavenly Fodder, Momma spank-edid my butt. Amen." I believe the Lord was smiling as much as this humbled Mommy.

**ETA: Link - treasuresfromashoebox.blogspot.com/2010/07/haleys-prayer.html

I hate these people. :(

They all seem to get so much joy from abusing their children.

Archived