IGNORED

Lori Alexander Talks About Mentoring Couples

Lori has mentioned a few times before that she and her Unabomber look-a-alike husband have mentored or counseled other couples before. In yesterday's posting, she talks about how one couple they met with decided not to meet with them again after one meeting .

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/09/brutish-behavior.html

We have mentored a couple who decided they didn't want to meet with us after the first time. I have met with women who have decided the same thing. They don't like being corrected or told they are doing anything wrong. I seriously doubt they will ever have a great marriage.

I bet this couple didn't like the advice that Ken and Lori were giving them. Maybe they were disgusted with hearing about how women should be submit completely to their husbands.

I can always learn how to be a better wife. Every year, I want to be a better wife than the last year. This takes listening to others, admitting when I am wrong, and deciding to do the right thing with the Spirit working powerfully inside of me.

If Lori wants "brutish" she should meet the cat my Dad has named Otis. I swear that cat was born kicking ass and taking names. I've got to give her that I think her cat is a pretty cat.

Those who have listened and acted upon our instruction have all improved their marriage. Many of them have great marriages. God's ways work.

This whole having to "submit to the husband" nonsense damn near destroyed my parent's marriage. It was after they got past and over the submitting issues did they really learn how to communicate and their marriage became stronger and worked out.

When it comes to certain things sometimes people really need to learn to mind their own business and leave religion out of it.

If Lori wants "brutish" she should meet the cat my Dad has named Otis. I swear that cat was born kicking ass and taking names. I've got to give her that I think her cat is a pretty cat.

This whole having to "submit to the husband" nonsense damn near destroyed my parent's marriage. It was after they got past and over the submitting issues did they really learn how to communicate and their marriage became stronger and worked out.

When it comes to certain things sometimes people really need to learn to mind their own business and leave religion out of it.

I agree with this. With Lori and Ken, I think she mentioned another time that they mentor other couples through their church. My guess is that a few couples looked into being mentored by Lori and Ken, but after meeting with them they decided not to go further. Based on a lot of stuff Lori posts, I don't think she has a very strong marriage. The way she describes her husband he sounds like an asshole. But Lori also comes off as an asshole when it comes to her kids, parents, and other relatives.

I can promise this woman that submitting to my husband (whenever I decide to be halfway traditional and get married) would not provide for a good marriage. I'm a pretty firmly independent Virgo. Tell me what to do and there's gonna be a problem.

One thing I can't stand about so many of these fundies is that they can't imagine that one set of rules doesn't work for every single marriage. People are different, and therefore marriages are different. Maybe being a slave to their husbands and doing everything they tell the women to do works for some of those marriages, but it doesn't work for all of them. And I have a feeling if it were a more widely practiced thing there would be a lot more stories of wives offing their husbands in some Cell Block Tango fashion.

Let me get this straight, Lori: You met with a couple once, presumably for about an hour - and yet, in that short time, you had already been able to move from learning about them as individuals and hearing about their problems to "correcting" the wife them?

Gee, you're so quick maybe they never came back simply because a single instance of exposure to you and your husband had cured them or their marital ills.

HUSBAND: "You know what, wife? When I heard that shrill hosebeast nagging and berating you, I realized you're just not that bad."

WIFE: "Yeah, husband, and when I heard the shitty advice that gurgling douchebag gave you, I realized you're not all that bad either."

HUSBAND: "Yeah. Those two have it way worse than us."

And the couple lived happily ever after. The end.

Let me get this straight, Lori: You met with a couple once, presumably for about an hour - and yet, in that short time, you had already been able to move from learning about them as individuals and hearing about their problems to "correcting" the wife them?

Gee, you're so quick maybe they never came back simply because a single instance of exposure to you and your husband had cured them or their marital ills.

HUSBAND: "You know what, wife? When I heard that shrill hosebeast nagging and berating you, I realized you're just not that bad."

WIFE: "Yeah, husband, and when I heard the shitty advice that gurgling douchebag gave you, I realized you're not all that bad either."

HUSBAND: "Yeah. Those two have it way worse than us."

And the couple lived happily ever after. The end.

You made me laugh love this. I have a feeling that something like that went down.

Archived