IGNORED

Pat Robertson infantizes women in relastionship

AtroposHeart

Fucking asshole! Of course it's all her fault. There is no "first, look at your own behavior and see if perhaps you instigated or set the ball rolling." she is just BAD.

Well, Pat's wife may not have married him if she hadn't been 7 months pregnant at the time. This was back in the mid-fifties when getting a woman in the family way usually meant a quicky wedding. If he didn't have enough respect for Dede to marry her when he realized she was pregnant, how can you expect him to respect any other woman?

He is going on about how bad she is based on a short paragraph this guy wrote acting like he knows her whole history. How the fuck can you give advise to someone based on so little information?!?!?! Honestly, a disgusting man.

Edited to add maybe her husband is an asshole and she is just fed up with him.

I didn't mind not letting a spouse get away with bad behavior, that should go both ways. The whole psyco analysis drives me nuts......I can't seem to spell psyco, psycho ?????

Robertson couldn't reason his way out of a paper bag. I've always wondered how so many get taken in by him.

His "joke" about moving to Iran and becomimng a Muslim so he could beat her???? geez. I can't believe that fundies can't see through the stupidity!!!! He makes tall presumptions on a whiny paragraph from what sounds like a guy who has his own issues (I suspect alcoholism because drunks often whiny, like the letter, and the spouses are often so frustrated that they end up being sarcastic or distant, or even "reaching out her (or his) hand to beat him (or her)." And what is the man doing home watching Christian TV during the day when he should be out working? (yes, he might have a night job) But, noooooo.... it's all HER fault!

Robertson is an ass whose offensive crap is getting more frequent and vile as he ages. However, salsa, I've to say wtf to this:

sounds like a guy who has his own issues (I suspect alcoholism because drunks often whiny, like the letter, and the spouses are often so frustrated that they end up being sarcastic or distant, or even "reaching out her (or his) hand to beat him (or her)." And what is the man doing home watching Christian TV during the day when he should be out working? (yes, he might have a night job) But, noooooo.... it's all HER fault!

What if a woman had written this letter about her husband hitting her instead of talking through problems? Would you assume she was maybe a drunk and that raising a hand to her was an act of frustration by the husband? We know nothing about this couple. Assault on a spouse is ALWAYS wrong.

Fucking asshole! Of course it's all her fault. There is no "first, look at your own behavior and see if perhaps you instigated or set the ball rolling." she is just BAD.

Would you tell a battered wife to first look at her own behavior?

The more I think about this the angrier I get. Even his co-host seemed to be astounded by his answer. Unless I'm even more naive about the power of the fundies I think I am, I don't understand why there isn't more of an outcry about something like this, if not from the fundies themselves then at least from the general population and mainstream media?

Pat Robertson says, "she's rebellious...she doesn't want to submit to any authority." I say, "she's an adult, she doesn't want to submit to any authority."

His entire response was one WTF after another.

I'm wondering when the various female co-hosts will get together and stage a bloodless coup. They are clearly giving him the "What on earth is this old senile fool saying?" look. This one tried to direct the conversation back toward sanity, but Robertson just kept going off. The African-American female co-host to had to deal with him put down inter-racial adoption just seemed horrified.

I also know conservative Christians who were absolutely appalled when he advocated divorcing a spouse with Alzheimers'. See http://cfhusband.blogspot.ca/2011/09/de ... rtson.html (the blog is written by the husband of a woman with severe cystic fibrosis, who nearly died prior to receiving a double-lung transplant and who has subsequently dealt with post-transplant lymphoma and is currently dealing with rejection of the transplanted organs).

And lookie here, that's Pat himself cheering Mitt Romney on just a couple of days ago.

RomneyPat.jpeg

How any woman can consider voting for this man is beyond my comprehension.

I just played this YouTube video for Mr. MtL ( :romance-heartstiny: ), and here's his comment:

"The next time it rains, we'll know it's Jesus pissing on Pat Robertson for daring to call himself one of His followers."

I honestly don't know what disturbs me more, the fact that apes like Pat Robertson still think it's okay to spew this garbage or that there are actually people who believe he's right.

And lookie here, that's Pat himself cheering Mitt Romney on just a couple of days ago.

RomneyPat.jpeg

How any woman can consider voting for this man is beyond my comprehension.

Heh. That was right here in my back yard (almost literally, just a couple miles down the road). I don't remember the news pointing Brother Pat out in the audience, though. I think our local media has gotten so used to his stupidity it's not even worth reporting on anymore. I kind of agree... the less said, the better, sometimes. :?

I honestly don't know what disturbs me more, the fact that apes like Pat Robertson still think it's okay to spew this garbage or that there are actually people who believe he's right.

It's also disturbing that the people around him still allow him to speak on the air. :doh:

If the letter is to be believed she was hitting him right? I might have misheard.

I believe it said she extended her hand AS IF she were going to hit him. I don't think it said she did.

Not that it matters. Who's to say it wasn't in self-defense because he was coming after her for disobeying him.

This was a hot topic on The View this morning. I'm hoping Pat Robertson is going senile. That would be the only somewhat excusable reason why he would suggest moving to Saudi Arabia where it's legal to hit your wife. How is he still relevant and how to the morons on CBN still let him talk? I'll answer my own question. I think the audience that they pander to would have no problem hitting their wife if she "got out of line."

Archived