IGNORED

Breaking Amish

Maude

Well, next week's preview somehow involves Abe's mom telling him he can't marry Rebecca, which I assume is a reference to her marriage to Rufus. I think this could mark an interesting turn for the show- everyone's stories start coming out. Maybe this is why TLC has been so shady about the stories that have leaked-they wanted it to happen so people would tune in and watch the cover stories implode.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if they already had their child at this point or if having a child out of wedlock was too much even for them

I wonder if they already had their child at this point or if having a child out of wedlock was too much even for them

They just filmed in June of this year, so they already had the baby by then.

Abe's mom telling him he can't marry Rebecca, which I assume is a reference to her marriage to Rufus.

Rufus?? Do tell!

Rufus?? Do tell!

One more piece of the saga that is Breaking Amish :D Evidently, Rebecca was married to some guy named Rufus, but then ran off with Abe. There's a divorce certificate out there, I believe it gives a date of July 2012? I'll add links ASAP!

Ok, got it

https://www.facebook.com/BreakingAmishTheTruth?fref=ts and scroll down to October 10, it gives a good overview of the Abe and Rebecca situation.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater Shows the divorce certificate

Edited to add links

What happened with Rebecca's teeth? It looked on a promo like they were going to say how she lost them, but I didn't catch it.

Dental care is really lacking in some Amish communities. She had 'em all pulled.

I caught some of this last night and all I could think of is how they sleep at night over at TLC. For the mostpart, all they broadcast is utter dreck. Is there no pride in what they do or is the almightly dollar the only thing they care about? I know, all they care about is the money they make. So sad. When I was young, they used to call television "a vast wasteland". If only they knew what the future would bring with all these ridiculous "reality" shows. There is some great stuff on TV, but not on TLC. All I see when I watch their shows is people yelling at one another, voyeurism over peoples' mental illness, rudeness, bad behavior and fakery. (I exclude "A Baby Story" but that's about it). End of rant.

One more piece of the saga that is Breaking Amish :D Evidently, Rebecca was married to some guy named Rufus, but then ran off with Abe. There's a divorce certificate out there, I believe it gives a date of July 2012? I'll add links ASAP!

Ok, got it

https://www.facebook.com/BreakingAmishTheTruth?fref=ts and scroll down to October 10, it gives a good overview of the Abe and Rebecca situation.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater Shows the divorce certificate

Edited to add links

Thanks! This is the first I've heard of a previous marriage.

It seems they did some damage control in the episode. They admitted that Abe and Rebecca knew eachother. That whats his face was married and divorced as well. No mention of the baby yet.

What still confounds me is why, if these things were known, that they would bill the show as people "breaking amish" when its clear that they were already broken.

Sabrina and her "mennonite best friend" Rose were also in "Amish at the Altar," where they were dressed as Lancaster Amish supposedly attending the wedding of a friend.

This whole thing just confuses me at this point.

Um. Okay, if Kate really did go all crazy train and "flipcam" Sabrina (witchcraft ep) then whey dont they just look at the camera recording?

Um. Okay, if Kate really did go all crazy train and "flipcam" Sabrina (witchcraft ep) then whey dont they just look at the camera recording?

There was a pop-up in the episode that said no evidence of the incident was found on the camera.

There was a pop-up in the episode that said no evidence of the incident was found on the camera.

Ah, must have missed that. Kates pole dancing now. Gotta say, she is pretty damn good at it.

the preview for the last episode shows rebeccas family left their home. i want to know who is taking care of the baby while abe and rebecca play dating in nyc. the fact that theyre hiding the baby still definitely knocks them both down a peg in my book.

then again, rebecca got 3,000$ in free dental work alone. badly needed dental work.

kate is the most honest personality on that show. at least she was upfront and honest about her trip to florida and her dui. jeremiah a sexist jerk and a pig. i dont think they could have found a more unlikable man to put on tv. hes almost been out of the amish for almost as long as he was in it. i also didnt realize he was 32 until a few episodes in. i think they were trying to give the impression that he was in the same age group as the other cast members. once all these other stories busted, it probably didnt seem too scandalous about his age anymore.

And through it all, they got 1.138 million views this week. Thats higher than the Duggars and they were up against Sunday night football, Homeland, Walking Dead...

Sunday night? TVbythenumbers has them at BREAKING AMISH TLC 10:00 PM 3.387 1.3.

I can't stand the show and I'm amazed how many people seem to enjoy it. I barely finished the first episode.

I watched 10 minutes one day, but could not stomach any more.

2 of my conservative Mennonite cousins lost their teeth as teens, due to bulemia - which was not known even in the secular world, back then.

the preview for the last episode shows rebeccas family left their home. i want to know who is taking care of the baby while abe and rebecca play dating in nyc. the fact that theyre hiding the baby still definitely knocks them both down a peg in my book.

then again, rebecca got 3,000$ in free dental work alone. badly needed dental work.

kate is the most honest personality on that show. at least she was upfront and honest about her trip to florida and her dui. jeremiah a sexist jerk and a pig. i dont think they could have found a more unlikable man to put on tv. hes almost been out of the amish for almost as long as he was in it. i also didnt realize he was 32 until a few episodes in. i think they were trying to give the impression that he was in the same age group as the other cast members. once all these other stories busted, it probably didnt seem too scandalous about his age anymore.

I'm wondering about the where the baby is as well. The show seems to be doing well in the ratings but even if it wasn't after the show airs didn't TLC or Abe or Rebecca know the baby will be found out. Were or Are Rebecca and Abe going to stay in hiding for the next 16 years? Has anyone checked the closing credits? Maybe TLC has a disclaimer about the show being a reinactment.

Im most disappointed that Jermiah was picked as well. TLC couldn't find anyone better from Moses group featured on NatGeo(I remember seeing lots of 20 something young man that were roofers)? The best they could pick is a 32 year old divorcee with tons of domestic violence issues

I think it's a riot that they didn't think anybody would find this out.

I wish there were update on what they were doing right now.

Sunday night? TVbythenumbers has them at BREAKING AMISH TLC 10:00 PM 3.387 1.3.

I can't stand the show and I'm amazed how many people seem to enjoy it. I barely finished the first episode.

Oh wow, I read it wrong. The 7:00 PM REPEAT beat the duggars with an 1.138 0.5. The midnight got the 1.050 0.4.

:lol: :lol:

Wow, the repeat beat the Duggars recent numbers.

Okay, I still watch this despite myself. On Sunday's episode, Rebecca came home to an empty house. The grandparents apparently moved, except they forgot to take their buggy and their horse, which were right outside the house. And they didn't shut off phone service to the shed. Aren't they farmers? How do you move a farm?

Archived