IGNORED

In which a blog gives me sudden diabetes & psychic pain

MamaJunebug

My gateway fundies, the Serven Clan, have never been the same since Maurice (Marscel?) (whatever) allowed Rebecca to marry the other ginger and the blog became pretty danged lame.

But now, whoever is in charge is contributing to both my blood sugar level and my blood pressure – all the while, Serven-to-be Emily is raising my hopes that Nathan Serven (intended of Emily) is going to be free of the silliness some day.

Emily wears jeans, and even permits herself to be photographed in them, in fact, while she and Nathan (also in jeans) were together. Yay, Emily.

Emily is a graduate of a real college and even - prepare yourselves – a high school. I’ve not investigated whether it was government or private (I do have a life away from the dominionists) but Homeschool was not the one for Emily J.

Emily has a job. And it doesn’t seem to be working for her father.

Emily wears sleeveless dresses the skirts of which are knee-length. Let me rein in my enthusiasm: She wears at least one such dress, and she wears it to a chocolate-laden reception/shower given for her by some dominionist ladies with sugarers, creamers, and lots of plates.

No, seriously: the Servenclan blogger informs us of those things, along with photos to back it up, because you know: photos or it didn’t happen.

Anyway, so hopeful am I for Nathan – and all his siblings, really – that I almost simply ended my blog visit with a murmured “long life!†And then: I read the rest of the cutlines.

1. Observation: It is impossible for dominionists to use the word “sweet†fewer times than there are young girls in photos

2. Quote: "Mrs. Z encouraging us in blessing the men in our lives - be it father, or husband."

3. Quote: "Also, Beth shared stories with us, and encouragement on the necessity to trust your earthly head."

I had to come here and snark. And by the way, the lady in the black-and-white photo of the two tiers of party-goers, her arms crossed and her eyes just about shut in boredom and/or side-eye fatigue? That’s not me – but it’s exactly how I look at most bridal showers. Don’t get me started on the baby ones.

servenclan.blogspot.com

A lovingly photographed snooze fest. At least there was chocolate.

And am I correct in that Emily J is sporting a nose ring? Pants, real college, nose ring....I wonder if there was a lot of mindless "smile and nod" on dear Emily's part that evening?

And by the way, the lady in the black-and-white photo of the two tiers of party-goers, her arms crossed and her eyes just about shut in boredom and/or side-eye fatigue? That’s not me – but it’s exactly how I look at most bridal showers. Don’t get me started on the baby ones.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A bit of linking from Emily's FB page reveals she spent at least one semester abroad, a middle eastern studies program in Egypt. Despite the sugar overload, flowered teacups, and talk of "earthly heads," ( :roll: ) I do believe she could shake things up a bit. International travel, jeans, nose ring, and (from all appearances) plenty of moxie - oh my!

BTW, I believe the encouragement-bestowing "Mrs. Z" is Kathleen Zes, spouse to the mysterious James Zes.

A lovingly photographed snooze fest. At least there was chocolate.

And am I correct in that Emily J is sporting a nose ring? Pants, real college, nose ring....I wonder if there was a lot of mindless "smile and nod" on dear Emily's part that evening?

I'm seriously doubting the 'normal' on Emily's part. I've got a feeling once she get's married all of that life experience will be a thing of the past and her nose ring will eventually vanish.

I'm seriously doubting the 'normal' on Emily's part. I've got a feeling once she get's married all of that life experience will be a thing of the past and her nose ring will eventually vanish.

If they settle down in Austin (apparently that's where they live, per the wedding announcement), perhaps there is hope. If they move closer to Ma and Pa Severn in MO....outlook not so good, to quoth the Magic 8-Ball.

Seems to be some undercurrent happening there - averted heads, glances, pulling back; bride only just meeting some of grooms family for first time, patient tolerance of MOB. That Ma Serven is usually a little more relaxed looking. Wedding pics will be interesting.

Nathan must be some rebel or just surprised a normal seeming woman gave him a second look. Suppose he decided then to strike while the iron was hot. Love the closeup of her knees. :naughty:

Also, Beth shared stories with us, and encouragement on the necessity to trust your earthly head.

Would love to know what Emily thought of that advice.

These four girls were so sweet to watch as they enjoyed there chocolates together!

SOTDRT fail. I'm impressed that it didn't say "chocolate's," though.

Why, VVV, thank you for pointing that out -- I didn't want to add school comments to snark right away, but the blogger does mention some letters that Nathan "had wrote." Pretty sure it's "had written," but what do I know? -- I sent my kids to the SOTBBG ("...Big Bad Government").

I really hope this ends up as well as did an earlier, most likely patriarchal attempt at joining 2 into 1. There's still an unscrubbed reference to it at skeen-family.blogspot.com/2010/10/overnight-friends.html?m=1

I'm not snarking on an engagement that ended! It happens; hearts are sad but they recover. And if the principals want to remove mention of it from the record, that's wholly their prerogative. My snark is not on that. My snark is on how courtship is idolized and never shown to be anything but Dad's Perfect Will. *rolleyes*

ETA: y'know, Beth would be pleased to hear that a liberal Christian like myself *does* trust my earthly head: god gave it to me, after all, and it contains my earthly brain. Yes, it's attached on top of my earthly neck...

Archived