• Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Sign in to follow this  
MrsKay

"Tracking Mom's Cycle" - what episode was that?

MrsKay

I've seen numerous references to the whole family tracking Michelle Duggar's cycle, but I've never seen it in any of the episodes. Did I just miss it somewhere? I have this intense urge to witness it for myself - I need a good laugh/eyeroll to distract me from RL crap.

ceg045

IIRC, it was in one of the earlier pre-series specials. Not sure which.

divadivine

It came up on the Mother's Day appearance on the Today Show. I remember it because I thought I didn't hear J'Uterus correctly. I hit rewind. I heard her correctly. I don't know which blessing she was pregnant with then.... Jordyn? Jennifer?

marmalade
It came up on the Mother's Day appearance on the Today Show. I remember it because I thought I didn't hear J'Uterus correctly. I hit rewind. I heard her correctly. I don't know which blessing she was pregnant with then.... Jordyn? Jennifer?

Jordyn. They were filming the initial episodes of 17 Kids... then.

kian

I remember that. The thought of my children even knowing my cycle at all, let alone *tracking* it, was pretty horrifying.

But then again, if I had to raise my siblings, I'd probably want a little heads up too.

luckystone

:shock: I thought this was just something people joked they did after reading Razing Ruth. I didn't realise there was evidence.

I'm going to search for a youtube clip, please post if you already have it handy!

emmiedahl

I remember her showing off her chart on the fridge and saying the girls watch it like a hawk. I can freaking see it! But I do not remember which episode or special it was, sorry.

Jessica

Mother's Day appearance on the Today Show. The host turns to Josh and asks if it's a surprise or if it's become the norm. He says "Well it's been 9 months so..." then Michelle says "My girls watch the calender like a hawk."

xReems

I think my jaw dropped when I heard her say that. Who the hell hawks their mother's ovulation calendar in hopes their beloved mother gets blessed with another child?! That's just disgusting and desperate.

And I thought these fundies were big on allowing God to decide how many children they should have. Isn't tracking your cycle going against the "leaving it up to God"? What a bunch of wackadoodles.

luckystone

I guess she means...watch to see when a baby is next likely to arrive, not necessarily her periods?? I'm desperately trying to justify it. It's pretty weird.

Is this the episode, or is it the actual appearance?

Have they announced two pregnancies on the Today Show? I found another clip but I think it was the wrong one.

Edit: It's not in that episode and not in the other pregnancy announcement as that was the Jubilee announcement. I still can't find it :(

Mind UR own uteress

watch ~4:00/5:48 on 17 Kids and Counting: Duggars Do New York 2/3:

it mentions the watching the calendar like hawk

emmiedahl

I know there was one episode or special where they actually showed the calendar.

MrsKay

Yeah, I swear I remember people referencing an episode that showed the calendar.

OT: I can't believe how slender and healthy Smuggar looks in that video. :shock:

luckystone
watch ~4:00/5:48 on 17 Kids and Counting: Duggars Do New York 2/3:

it mentions the watching the calendar like hawk

That'll teach me to multitask...

Hmm, that's really weird, it might not refer to her cycle but just like they count down the months until another one is expected, either way creepy. Would love to see the episode with the calendar.

Jana814

I did not want to know my mother scale and inturn neither did not father or sister, to mark on the calander in a public is just gross!

NJMom

Wow, Josh did look a lot better, hard to believe this was only 4 years ago. He looks as if he's age 15 years since that was taped. Amazing to see how Michelle couldn't wait to tell her kids and had that baby-voiced laugh...it always really has to be all about her, doesn't it? Like others have said on the TWOP board, her entire identify for over 25 years has been being this super-breeder...it doesn't matter to her that she actually behave like a mother to her children, it's simply her ability to give birth is all that matters. Disgusting. Is there an official term for a baby hoarder? Because if so, she definitely is one. Also, I really hope that the Today show never has the Duggars on ever again.Why they continue to feed into Michelle and Jim Bob's craziness is beyond me.

SPHASH

Gee what are the girls going to do once Mullethead gets to menopause? Start tracking Anna's?

doggie

I can see the kids know to the minute when they have to leave the house for the all day sex session making the new dugger.

StarrieEyedKat

Those remembering seeing the calendar might be thinking of the spoof Kid Farm (see 5:40) -

xnSBIMfmv7I

emmiedahl

I am pretty sure it was for real, because I remember posting a link on a leghumpers' board just to see them go from denying it to justifying it.

nomoxian

I remember seeing the calendar too. Unfortunately, it is real.

And that Kid Farm clip is way too short :)

Trynn

Kid Farm is great! Why haven't they made more episodes? (Or have they and I'm just out of the loop? I went to their website but I think they only had... 9?)

lizziesmom
Yeah, I swear I remember people referencing an episode that showed the calendar.

OT: I can't believe how slender and healthy Smuggar looks in that video. :shock:

He still has his moments of smug though.

luckystone

So nobody remembers which episode?

I'll have to watch them all lol