IGNORED

Kelly Bates had another miscarriage

0 kids n not countin

Some of our children sang "God wants to Hear You Sing," to remind us to turn to Him in both the good times and the bad.

Zack continued to chew gum through the entire song. He's a keeper!

I don't know how many more messages God can give families like the Bateses and the Duggars! I am sure there are lots more out there like them, unfortunately.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe it's because I'm a deeply private person, but I do not understand the need or desire to share this news to so many people like this. And why the hell do they insist on announcing pregnancies so early. That goes to pretty much all QF people. I don't even think I'd announce it to my family so early. Again, I'm a very, very private person. There's just so much that can go wrong so early on and especially at her age. It's like tempting fate to announce it so early. And then when something goes wrong, you have to then explain it to every freaking person and their mother. I don't get it.

This.

I don't know how many more messages God can give families like the Bateses and the Duggars! I am sure there are lots more out there like them, unfortunately.

Reminds me of one of my favorite jokes:

The Lord Will Save Me

It rained for days and days and there was a terrific flood. The water rose so high that one man was forced to climb on top of his roof and sat in the rain. As the waters came up higher a man in a rowboat came up to the house and told him to get in. "No thank you, the Lord will save me!" he said, and the man in the rowboat rowed away.

The waters rose to the edge of the roof and still the man sat on the roof until another rowboat came by and another man told him to get in. "No thank you, the Lord will save me!" he said again, and the man rowed away.

The waters covered the house and the man was forced to sit on his chimney as the rain poured down and a helicopter came by and another man urged him to get in or he'll drown. "No thank you," the man said again, "The Lord will save me!"

After much begging and pleading the man in the helicopter gave up and flew away. The waters rose above the chimney and the man drowned and went to heaven where he met God.

"Lord, I don't understand," he told Him, frustrated, "The waters rose higher and higher and I waited hours for you to save me but you didn't! Why?"

The Lord just shook his head and said, "What are you talking about? I sent two boats and a helicopter?!"

The Lord Will Save Me

It rained for days and days and there was a terrific flood. The water rose so high that one man was forced to climb on top of his roof and sat in the rain. As the waters came up higher a man in a rowboat came up to the house and told him to get in. "No thank you, the Lord will save me!" he said, and the man in the rowboat rowed away.

The waters rose to the edge of the roof and still the man sat on the roof until another rowboat came by and another man told him to get in. "No thank you, the Lord will save me!" he said again, and the man rowed away.

The waters covered the house and the man was forced to sit on his chimney as the rain poured down and a helicopter came by and another man urged him to get in or he'll drown. "No thank you," the man said again, "The Lord will save me!"

After much begging and pleading the man in the helicopter gave up and flew away. The waters rose above the chimney and the man drowned and went to heaven where he met God.

"Lord, I don't understand," he told Him, frustrated, "The waters rose higher and higher and I waited hours for you to save me but you didn't! Why?"

The Lord just shook his head and said, "What are you talking about? I sent two boats and a helicopter?!"

That's what I was thinking about, as these families are like the man in that flood joke.

I'm also not sorry for Kelly or anyone else in this family. Miscarriages aren't universally bad. I know they believe that they lost an actual baby, but they didn't. If this pregnancy had continued, they might very well have lost an actual baby and then they would know the difference. No more kids need to be born into such and abusive and neglectful family. The kids that already exist do not need another sibling to split their resources with and have to raise. Kelly does not need the risks of another full pregnancy and birth. The whole family does not need to deal with the potential for a baby that dies soon after birth. It would be ideal if she just didn't get pregnant in the first place, but since she did, this is actually the best outcome for everyone. Maybe I'm heartless and evil for saying so, but lucky for me I don't believe Hell exists so I won't be going there.

Hear that big sigh of relief? That's the J'Uterus after reading this news

And obviously her and DimBulb went back to doing the deed furiously to try and outdo the Bateses

Spoilered for brain bleach thoughts.

Okay, who doesn't press the button?????

Doggy style came to mind when I saw this

[quote="treemom"

That is your personal preference. I needed a lot of caring and support after mine...so I told people.

It isn't tempting fate. That is bullshit. Telling people doesn't cause miscarriages.

What makes me sad with Kelly's Miscarriage is, the emotional rollercoaster she puts her children through with every baby announcement and then miscarriage... Its not fair to little children to have to go through that!!

So I'm guessing it was TLC's decision to leave out the pregnancy announcement (if that was the grand surprise). A baby then a miscarriage and subsequent funeral episode(s) might have carried the show over into a second season.

The Lord Will Save Me

The Lord just shook his head and said, "What are you talking about? I sent two boats and a helicopter?!" "Who do you think sent the flood?" :twisted:

Hey, if you give god all the credit for the good things in your life, you generally need to blame him for the bad ones too. If it's your time, it's your time, right? :whistle:

[quote="treemom"

That is your personal preference. I needed a lot of caring and support after mine...so I told people.

It isn't tempting fate. That is bullshit. Telling people doesn't cause miscarriages.

but do you need to announce it to the world of course not that's the problem. its a cry to how great and godly we are thing going on.

I have known some non-pseudo-celebrity Christians (Catholics, really) who simply never used birth control. Miscarriages were generally mourned (not on a Jubilee-level, of course), but for the most part, the parents didn't associate a message with the miscarriage. A miscarriage was just a miscarriage -- a message that the particular fetus wasn't viable, but not a message regarding future pregnancies. Of course, I'm talking about normal folks -- not people that are making a living out of baby making.

That said, I truly believe that the Duggars are actively trying to get pregnant; planning their sex lives (eww) around Michelle's times of fertility. If the Bateses are taking this course, I can join in with those who are celebrating this miscarriage. If they are going to let God do his thing, then they should not be consulting a calendar.

So you went on a blog read by who knows how many people that you've never met or heard of in your life and announced the miscarriage? It's not telling family or friends about a miscarriage that I think is questionable, it's when you announce it to the entire world.

And again, I think when someone is a lot older than the safe years of having babies, it's not the best idea to announce it. So much can go wrong in those early months, and statistics say they do on a much higher level once you're the age of Kelly Bates. I just don't understand that need to make those huge announcements they do, especially when their history shows that something could very well go wrong.

I'm with you on needing the support, but that's why I tell the people I'm closest to. For me, one of the hardest parts of miscarrying is having to tell people. I also think it may be different for someone who has had many healthy pregnancies preceding a miscarriage. Certainly for me, that first miscarriage (also being my first pregnancy) kind of destroyed my innocence. For each pregnancy thereafter I have expected to miscarry and so I don't announce it.

So I'm guessing it was TLC's decision to leave out the pregnancy announcement (if that was the grand surprise). A baby then a miscarriage and subsequent funeral episode(s) might have carried the show over into a second season.

I'm not clear about the timing of the pregnancy or the miscarriage, but it does appear the announcement was supposed to be the pregnancy. It was the last episode and there may not have been time to do anything but re-edit with footage on hand. It does sound like they may have filmed the kids finding out about the pregnancy, probably because they were desperate to get the announcement into the series to create some kind of anticipation for a possible longer second season.

Either way, I don't think anything would save this show given how dismal the ratings were. But if they had actually gone ahead with an elaborate, televised funeral for a 7 week embryo, that may have been too strange (and repetitive) even for TLC.

I'm with you on needing the support, but that's why I tell the people I'm closest to. For me, one of the hardest parts of miscarrying is having to tell people. I also think it may be different for someone who has had many healthy pregnancies preceding a miscarriage. Certainly for me, that first miscarriage (also being my first pregnancy) kind of destroyed my innocence. For each pregnancy thereafter I have expected to miscarry and so I don't announce it.

Agreed. Never been pregnant, but I imagine I'd tell my nearest and dearest before the stick's even dried, but that's a small number of people. I believe it's 25% of all pregnancies are miscarried; that's too high for me to tell my bosses early (unless there were complications like hyperemesis, but otherwise no).

I do feel bad, because miscarriages suuuuuuck.

But srsly, they need to stop trying. But look who I'm talking about here! HAAA I can't kid myself.

She's 45. Her eggs have reached their shelf life. If she and her husband insist on trying to procreate, she needs to prepare herself more many more miscarriages. Progesterone will only do so much and when there is a genetic problem and the fetus/zygote can't grow, it will dispell said fetus/zygote. I wonder when they will realize that God is not just telling them no, he's screaming and giving them the finger too. :obscene-birdiered:

So if J'Uterus and Kelly Bates are in competition for having the most "babies" born or miscarried (including fetuses and used maxi pads (Caleb) ), ain't no way J'Uterus will ever catch up with Kelly. Kelly has 23 "children" (19 living and four miscarriages), while J'chelle has 21, 19 living and two miscarriages. (And I think J'chelle is just done being pregnant, at least with a live baby. She may have more miscarriages, but I doubt another viable pregnancy. She didn't have any miscarriages other than Caleb (the invention, IMO, not an actual fetus) until Jubilee, and that was probably because her uterus is a scarred mess that can no longer support a baby.

I wonder when they will realize that God is not just telling them no, he's screaming and giving them the finger too.

Um, never. Just never. I truly don't think these people listen to an entity they call "God." That's just a smokescreen. They do what they want and then slap the "God" label on it for justification. And why not? They get away with being self-absorbed fuck-ups that way and clueless people call them "good Christians" as a reward.

I read an interesting theory once about why women stop being able to become pregnant in early middle age versus men who are can be capable of fathering children into their 70's or even later. Clearly, it's an advantage for children to have their mothers around during childhood so a cutoff point is a very good thing from an evolutionary standpoint. But there may be more to it.

Grandmothers. Our female ancestors who had their mothers around and available to help them with childbirth and child rearing probably had offspring that fared better than those whose grandmothers were too busy with their own babies and young children to assist.

So to Michelle and Kelly I say, stop being so fucking selfish. Let your grown daughters get on with their own lives, finish up raising the young kids you still have, and be there to help when the grandchildren come along. If there is a God, I would imagine that would be his real plan for you.

Yeah, I remember Kelly saying that TLC was at their place not long ago. Likely to tape an announcement much like the J20 bit. Kelly miscarried sometime last week, called TLC, and the network had to pull the footage and double-down on the "attraction" storyline. For a season ending episode, it was poorly wrapped up; editing was obviously slipshod and last-minute. It's also likely the reason TLC was able to edit the "big announcement" out of the episode description, but over the holiday weekend, onscreen guides didn't edit it.

They probably checked her every couple of weeks after her early, early pregnancy test (I'm sure she takes the kind that test positive before you miss your period), and went in around week 8 or 9 to find out the embryo had died between appointments.

Just curious, if she could afford to do the progesterone, what with the major price hike, when do they start treatment? Is 7 weeks too early? I ask because when I went in after my pee stick positives, my first appointment wasn't until 7 weeks and my second pregnancy was at age 39. Progesterone was never suggested to me and I miscarried both pregnancies around 11 weeks. I just figured que sera sera...

Wait, she spouted on about using the progesterone because of a "series" of miscarriages or something like that. It was only 3? Out of 20+ years and 19 kids? Ridiculous. That's not a series of miscarriages, nor does it warrant use of progesterone. That's normal and to be expected, especially because she's aging (and her eggs are aging, too.)

At the time she admitted to using it she had only had 2 miscarriages. After 16 children... The other 2 have just been in the last year or so.

Perhaps God is saying something to the Quiverfullers?

Do all this shit in My name if you must, but 19 is the limit!!

Archived