IGNORED

Mystery Science Theater 3000

Naga Viper

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there are a few other Misties on FJ (I've seen at least 1 Crow T. Robot avatar and a Robsdower avatar). I've been on a binge of watching old episodes.

Who is your favorite: Mike or Joel? Crow or Tom Servo? Dr. Forrester or Pearl?

What is your favorite short?

Your favorite episode?

I love MST3K! I have a hard time choosing between Joel and Mike. I think it mostly depends on who I'm watching.

I like the old Joel episodes when Mike shows up as an incidental character, and the Mike episode when Joel came back.

I remember seeing Joel do stand-up a few times, way back in the mists of time. It was all prop comedy, and it was hilarious. I think he was on SNL.

It's also hard to choose a favorite episode. I love the ones with the shorts, like Mr B Sharp, or the "No springs!" thing. I tend to not remember the names of the movies, I just remember the good lines.

My favorite underrated MST3K episode is The Touch of Satan.

This is where the fish lives!

Man, those walnuts are just tearing through the hay.

This song is in the public domain/ That's why we used it twice

Etc.

I'm planning to watch "Teenagers from Outer Space" with my 11 year old daughter tonight before she goes to bed. She's beginning to love it but sometimes I have to pause it a little too often to explain the comments. I think if you grew up in the 60's through the 80's you're more likely to get the jokes. We're trying out Rifftrax to see if she's more likely to get the jokes. My husband and I recently saw Rifftrax's "Starship Troopers" and it was hilarious!!

My favorite hands down is Joel, but I can't choose between Tom Servo and Crow, they're like PB & J! My favorite short is one with the teen girl going to college or "A date with your family". Favorite episodes are: "Cave Dwellers", "Hercules and the Moon Men", "Attack of the Leeches", "Warrior of the Lost World" and "Teenages from Outer Space".

I should share mine!

I lean slightly towards Mike, only because he is in about 8 of my 10 favorites. I loves when Mike showed up in Manos: Hands of Fate as Torgo in the Torgo's pizza skit. I literally hit the floor and instill think its one of the best skits.

I love Crow, as he always makes the sarcastic/borderline inappropriate comments.

No love for Gumby Robot Rumpus? "Gumby's mom is stacked!"

I think my favorite episodes are:

Space Mutiny

Mitchell

Puma Man

Hobgoblins

Deathstalker

Manos: The Hands of Fate

Santa Claus and the Martians

The Screaming Skull

Overdrawn at the Memory Bank

Merlin's Mystical Shop of Wonders

My daughters and I still talk about Manos: the Hands of Fate. Joel just looked a little goofier, but I like Mike, too. I loved Crow's sarcasm. I need to find the directions again to make your own Crow at home and make one for my daughter.

There are so many urban legends about that Za RKO guy. That knee braces messed his legs up so bad that he killed himself due to the pain, to him doing the whole movie on heroin.

My favorite scene is when he reaches for the woman's hair to touch it and it takes five minutes for his hand to move six inches...the woman watches his hand creep towards her the whole time and when he FINALLY touches her hair she screams.....

OMG I would love to make my own Crow at home!

I always hit the floor during Manos when The Master is peeking through the bedroom window watching Mrs. Mike undress and Joel yells "Freddie Mercury!" That whole film has dozens of classic riffs like "The Haunting Torgo Theme" to "Oh look an altar to Ba'al!"

Yeah there is a lot of weird stories surrounding Manos. Rob Zombie has a screenplay to do a fictional version of the making of Manos. Apparently Quintin Tarantino hunted down and paid good money for the original film if Manos.

I mentioned this on the Quiver Full of Snark discussion about Halloween, but thought I should mention it here too: Joel did two podcasts for TCM. I haven't listened to them yet but here's the link. http://www.tcm.com/this-month/podcast.html

You can listen to part one, too.

Oh, and Manos: The Hands of Fate is supposed to be released on BluRay this fall.

Oh, and Manos: The Hands of Fate is supposed to be released on BluRay this fall.

The MST version, or the unadulterated awfulness of the original?

The MST version, or the unadulterated awfulness of the original?

I think it's the unadulterated awfulness of the original.

I think it's the unadulterated awfulness of the original.

I can't say that I would ever spend money on such a thing. :?

I can't say that I would ever spend money on such a thing. :?

I think the movie would be unbearable if you had to watch it without Joel and the 'bots. I don't know how they did it...it's just that bad.

Truefax...several years ago I went to a storefront theater musical production of Manos: The Hands of Fate. It was as hilarious as it sounds. Some of the actual audience members dressed up as characters too...there was a least 1 guy who dressed up as Torgo and a couple Masters.

I've never seen Joel in the original series run, as I only got into MST3K in my teens when the show moved to the Sci-Fi channel, so I'd have to go with Mike as my favorite.

I'd have to say Crow is my favorite between him and Servo, but only by a scant margin, mainly because a lot of the hilarity in the skits between Crow and Servo is initiated by Crow.

*Crow gets leg extensions and dances like a stripper on a stage in "Girl in Gold Boots"*

Servo: Your problem, Mike, is that you refuse to see Crow as a sexual being.

Mike: He's not a sexual being, he's a robot!

*Crow throws his gold panties to Mike, Mike is horrified and runs off* :lol:

I also like Prince of Space and any of the John Agar films. Agar was a mean SOB who only married actress Shirley Temple so that he could become a film star. It worked, and he made quite a few movies, but none of them were any damn good.

Also liked The Horrors of Spider Island, The blood Waters of Dr. Z, and...*takes deep breath* The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies.

I once had the pleasure of meeting of Mary Jo Pehl, who played villain Pearl Forrester on the later seasons. She now does writing workshops and I was able to attend one. She was absolutely wonderful, so friendly and down to earth.

Do any of you follow Rifftracks.com? You can buy downloads of the guys riffing on popular films and sync them to movies on your computer. They also do shows in movie theaters that are broadcast nationwide. I've already bought tickets to see the next feature coming up this month, Night of the Living Dead.

What was the one with the chick whose head came off in a crash and the scientist boyfriend kept her head alive in a disposable turkey roasting pan? I love that one, but can never remember the name. The Brain That Wouldn't Die? Something like that.

It's time to change the neck juice again!

Edited also because I love Rowsdower. The Final Sacrifice is my second fave.

What was the one with the chick whose head came off in a crash and the scientist boyfriend kept her head alive in a disposable turkey roasting pan? I love that one, but can never remember the name. The Brain That Wouldn't Die? Something like that.

It's time to change the neck juice again!

Edited also because I love Rowsdower. The Final Sacrifice is my second fave.

Yes. The Brain that wouldn't die.

No way. Thats reserved for Chicken of Tomorrow, followed by Mr B Natural.

C'mon...how is Gumby's Robot Rumpus not anyone's TOP short :lol:

"How did Gumby get a class D license?" :laughing-lettersrofl:

Archived