IGNORED

Seven Sisters -how hard is Indiana Drivers test

clibbyjo

Ok, I was just catching up with the 7S. I swear this is the second picture they have posted of C studying for her drivers test(in a Chic Fil A hat over the prayer scarf groan). How hard is the Indiana drivers test? Do you really have to study that much to take your permit?

My son got his permit a month ago and he glanced through the book and took the practice test a couple times online,then tested all the same day. He missed one on the test and passed his first time. I am not getting what all this studying is for. You pretty much know all the signs and rules by the time you are 16.Just need something new to take pictures of then?

Ok, I was just catching up with the 7S. I swear this is the second picture they have posted of C studying for her drivers test(in a Chic Fil A hat over the prayer scarf groan). How hard is the Indiana drivers test? Do you really have to study that much to take your permit?

My son got his permit a month ago and he glanced through the book and took the practice test a couple times online,then tested all the same day. He missed one on the test and passed his first time. I am not getting what all this studying is for. You pretty much know all the signs and rules by the time you are 16.Just need something new to take pictures of then?

Is Indiana one of those states where you can practice medicine once you pass the drivers exam?

My daughter just got her license. She took drivers' ed at school last fall but wasn't 16 1/2 till July. They sit at a computer and answer questions until they get 30(?) correct without missing too many in the process. I want to say you fail once you've missed 3 or 4. She studied some, but she was more paranoid about parallel parking than the test.

I passed the written IN test without looking at the driver's manual, because all of the questions I got were pretty common-sense. My sister got multiple questions about vehicle weights that she would not have known off the top of her head, though. It's really a crap shoot on how hard the randomly generated test you get will be.

I took the test here in Indiana a few (20 some) years ago. It's not that difficult. Mostly it's the wording of the questions that can trip you up. Back when I took it, there were three versions- one had almost all answers as True except two or three questions, another had almost all answers as False except for two or three questions and the last one was half true and half false. If you didn't know this and you got the almost all true or almost all false test, it freaked you out.

All you really have to do is review the book (because you'd get some question about vehicle weights or tractors or something crazy) and know the signs- because you will get some crazy sign like "Cattle Crossing" or something equally as insane- something you will only see once in your life like on the test. I think you can only miss one sign and 3 questions on the written test (now computer).

My mom's neighbor's daughter flunked it, but she's a dumbass-- seriously, doesn't know her ass from a hole in the ground. She eventually passed it. They can also make you take the driving test- even if you took drivers ed and received a "waiver." If the instructor has nothing to do, they might make you go out and drive around and parallel park. That would probably never happen in the city (like Indy) but it might happen in Podunk where they live.

Sort of OT, but I think the CFA hat proves that these aren't just a bunch of sweet innocent little fundies. They're aware of current Culture War events and care enough to display their loyalty to their in-group. They surely would not be supportive of marriage equality and they don't "live and let live" any more than the more vocal fundies.

Sort of OT, but I think the CFA hat proves that these aren't just a bunch of sweet innocent little fundies. They're aware of current Culture War events and care enough to display their loyalty to their in-group. They surely would not be supportive of marriage equality and they don't "live and let live" any more than the more vocal fundies.

I'm actually goingto disagree with you respectfully. You are giving them way too much credit. I think they are a bunch of sweet innocent bone-headedly STUPID little maidens with no appreciation of the larger world or the ability to put that hat into a larger context.

Here is the exact quote. "Cassia grilled chicken for supper tonight [yum!]. I love how her hat says ‘Chick-Fil-A’ since she’s grilling chicken."

So literal. None of them have ever given any indication of having a friggin' thought in their tiny minds much beyond 4H, frilly things and *us girls having juvenile fun.*

I seriously wonder whether some/most of them have learning/developmental disabilities. If that is the case, I'll feel bad at having snarked at them.

I'm actually goingto disagree with you respectfully. You are giving them way too much credit. I think they are a bunch of sweet innocent bone-headedly STUPID little maidens with no appreciation of the larger world or the ability to put that hat into a larger context.

Here is the exact quote. "Cassia grilled chicken for supper tonight [yum!]. I love how her hat says ‘Chick-Fil-A’ since she’s grilling chicken."

So literal. None of them have ever given any indication of having a friggin' thought in their tiny minds much beyond 4H, frilly things and *us girls having juvenile fun.*

I seriously wonder whether some/most of them have learning/developmental disabilities. If that is the case, I'll feel bad at having snarked at them.

I agree. I don't think that these girls have a clue as to what is going on outside of their front door, much less the nation, culture wars, or the world.

Their disability is their 'learning'; their teacher being the largest offender, no doubt. When you're not taught to think, you don't think.

I doubt any of them has a true learning disability. If they had proper teachers giving them a proper education, they'd probably be just fine. Their thinking is stunted because their lives are stunted. The only diability in their lives is their parents and the tiny, singularly focused world they are forced to exist in.

It's dry humor not to worry.

I suspected that, which is why I said I hadn't heard of it. In some dark corner of Indiana, you just never know. ;) The problem was this is a forum not a living room; so I typed it rather than saying it, which loses a lot in translation.

This is exactly what I was just thinking. I commented on that post a week ago, being very nice and wishing Cassia luck and innocently mentioning that I was surprised they would wear merchandise from a company associated with hate groups and asking if they had heard about the controversy surrounding Chick Fil-A. What a surprise it hasn't been approved. :roll: I guess I wrote the comment because a part of me hoped they were as innocent as they appear. Stupid.

My daughter just got her license. She took drivers' ed at school last fall but wasn't 16 1/2 till July. They sit at a computer and answer questions until they get 30(?) correct without missing too many in the process. I want to say you fail once you've missed 3 or 4. She studied some, but she was more paranoid about parallel parking than the test.

I had to take a written driver's test when I moved to Utah in 1994. I wasn't taking it seriously until I missed a couple, and then I realized OSHI-- I could lose my license to drive. At that point, I paid attention.

When I later moved to Arizona, I simply handed in my drivers license, paid some money and got a new license good until I'm 65 years old.

I had to take a written driver's test when I moved to Utah in 1994. I wasn't taking it seriously until I missed a couple, and then I realized OSHI-- I could lose my license to drive. At that point, I paid attention.

When I later moved to Arizona, I simply handed in my drivers license, paid some money and got a new license good until I'm 65 years old.

I was shocked when I moved from Virginia to NC and had to take a written test to get my licence, I actually failed it the first time (some questions about farm equipment on the road and stuff like that!), I read the book and got it 2 days later when I went back. when we moved back to Virginia, they just gave me my license.

You have to study if you are a new driver--I have two teens, one of whom barely passed the Ohio learner's permit test. It's not just intuitive or common sense stuff. Stuff like "what car seat for what weight child" etc that no one but a new Mom would likely know.........

I'm lucky I passed the Illinois written test the last time I renewed. I HAD to get it renewed that day, and I didn't have anyone to babysit Tchotchke Toddler who was in RARE FORM and decided "hmm, i'm going to SKIP MY NAP" and was literally going NUTS the entire time. Yelling, howling, and then the DMV folks were rude to me, I almost LOST it. Between the distractions and the fact I was COMPLETELY unprepared to take a written test I'm seriously lucky I passed!

At least I didn't have to take a driving test... OMG I think I would have lost it completely.

Archived