IGNORED

Another SOTDRT fail for girls

meda

On 8.9.2012 at 9:19 PM, Mela99 said:

Lies Women Believe.... ohh i kinda want to know, and I kinda don't...

There's also a version for younger girls, Lies Young Women Believe. 

I haven't read the first one, but the one for younger girls. And I can't help and wonder if there's really anyone that believes the "lie" that "my youth pastor is my connection to God" or "God is just like my father" ... Of course the PMS thing is also included. The study guide is also awful. I read few books with study guides, but I've never come across something that was so... bad. These questions allow no reflection or own thoughts. There's only one right answer: the one that's in the book and it's repetitive all the time. I'm like "are you kidding me? I just read a Bible verse that said 'God will never leave me' and the next question is... 'what does God promise to do?'"... The readers are treated as though they were stupid.

But I mean, I went to public school and now I'm at university and I've been critically analysing texts for years. Most of this manipulative bullshit is pretty obvious to me, but if you're only allowed to read books like that and you received an education that didn't want you to think critically... it's maybe not that obvious. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived