IGNORED

Another baby in a bathroom :(

terranova

Please be repectful of others as you would like to be treated with respect for your life choices.

LOLno. I don't just respect other's choices as the default, they have to be choices that are worthy of respect. I don't respect people that choose to be homophobic. I don't respect people's choice to hit their kids. I don't respect your choice to room your baby in the bathroom, for god's sake. If you have so many children that the only available room that is quiet enough for one of them to sleep is the bathroom, then either stop having children or get a bigger house. All the "reasoning" you throw at us still won't make it ok.

And word to what everyone else said about your special snowflake tagline.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look, I don't care how much money you spent on that bathroom. If your house is "quite big" you surely should be able to find another room for your kid that's not a bathroom.

QFT!

And...

Also, it makes no sense to spend an enormous amount of money on a bathroom remodel when what you really need is another bedroom.

Emmiedahl, add me to your list of adoring fan girls.

News flash to people who write a blog, appear in the media, have their own tv show, or otherwise court the public -- we are now a country that feels entitled to provide you with instant feedback on what you say or do in the public forum. Be prepared, whether fundie, saint, sinner or whatever for someone who is not going to agree with you or take you to task. And if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

oh fiddlesticks, closed by page 4? How did this one find us so quick? I wanted to see where else this one would go.

Now we will never know how many kids end up in the $10,000 bathroom.

If she's so rich, why waste an entire room on a library when you have a kid in the john? Get a kindle for each family member. Download all the books you like. Keep a few choice books and relocate the rest to a few shelves in the hall, fam room, whatever. Sell the rest on Amazon. Use profits to turn Library into a Nursery. You're welcome.

oh fiddlesticks, closed by page 4? How did this one find us so quick? I wanted to see where else this one would go.

Now we will never know how many kids end up in the $10,000 bathroom.

If she's so rich, why waste an entire room on a library when you have a kid in the john? Get a kindle for each family member. Download all the books you like. Keep a few choice books and relocate the rest to a few shelves in the hall, fam room, whatever. Sell the rest on Amazon. Use profits to turn Library into a Nursery. You're welcome.

My guess is that a lurker tipped her off.

Dear Brooke,

I made the initial comment on your blog saying that having your son sleep in the bathroom was disgusting. It is. I apologise if I offended you

I've been following your blog for several years. I believe you were pregnant with Thomas when I found you. I know you are a good Mother and you love your kids, your children seem extremely loved and well cared for, so I was confused when you talked about putting a baby in a bathroom. It doesn't sound like the Brooke that I've come to enjoy "knowing". I hope you are not feeling the effects of 9 kids in as many years.

I'm sorry you feel the need to go private, I hope you will re-open your blog one day. I believe if you don't have the courage to defend your convictions, then maybe you need to reconsider what you believe.

With best wishes for a healthy future,

Terranova

oh, and for that matter, why spend $10,000 on a bathroom one doesn't need to use? If it wasn't being used, why didn't any of the other kids jump at the chance to get their own room in the awesome new bathroom until the baby came? Before the baby came, did they put up their guests in the bathroom, since it's the nicest room in the house?

This lady's story has more holes than swiss cheese.

oh, and for that matter, why spend $10,000 on a bathroom one doesn't need to use? If it wasn't being used, why didn't any of the other kids jump at the chance to get their own room in the awesome new bathroom until the baby came? Before the baby came, did they put up their guests in the bathroom, since it's the nicest room in the house?

This lady's story has more holes than swiss cheese.

I think they were doing it up to sell the house. But yeah, it sounds weird.

hello all, I just wanted to set a few things straight to help you understand our situation:

1. My husband makes quite a lot of money and our house is plenty big. The house we are moving to is almost 5000 square feet and we have plenty of resources. We happen to like our old house that has limited bathrooms. Back in the 40's people didn't think they needed so many. We give a lot of money away.

2. The bathroom Ford has taken some naps in is clean, huge and just renovated for $10,000. It is gorgeous and no one is using it. We don't actually need it. It is the quietest room in the house and I prize my babies being able to get quality, uninterrupted sleep. I wear my baby, but he also enjoys quiet naps in a crib.

3. He also sleeps in the library and in our room at night.

4. I am not a "fundie"

5. The Russians actually accepted us for the adoption and we were on our way to get them when a glitch happened in the American system.

Please be repectful of others as you would like to be treated with respect for your life choices. And please don't make assumptions, creating a person and family that don't exist.

I would appreciate your courtesy in the future. Thanks. I hope that helped clear some things up for you.

First off - SHUT UP! Coming here to justify how poorly you treat the kids while you and hubsters are living it up? You will find no sympathy here.

1 - You are a idiot. In the 40's in some places still did not indoor plumbing; my grandparents first home had an outhouse and they were not poor. It was a fact of life. 5000 sq. ft is not exactly that big when you are pumping out kids like you...... especially if one is floating from room to room.

2. OHHHH! The bathroom is big and clean. Sorry. I thought he was in a port-a-potty. :snerk: IT IS A BATHROOM IRREGARDLESS! And 10,000 on a remodel?! BUILD ANOTHER ROOM for that!

3. Get rid of the library and give you kid a damn bedroom!

4. You are fundie-lite if not full blown crazy. You also seem like a self centered bitch.

5. I doubt the US adoption agency wanted you to have 2 HIV+ kids in a already filled house; they did the right thing. I would be calling and screaming at them if they would have given you those sweet kids. A 'glitch?" Is that what you call being denied?

Why should you be treated with respect when you cannot give your own kids the same consideration?!?!

My apologies to my FJers........I had a doctors appointment today and they took a lot of blood. It makes me feisty. =D

Plus I hate shitty moms.

Also, the moderator made my tagline say "you're all going to hell" as a measure of courtesy and kindness.

No sugar you are not a speshul snowflake, all noobs get that tag.

I'm no fundie, but my youngest did sleep in the bathroom (only for his day time naps) for about a year while we lived in a tiny 2 bedroom apartment in LA. I had three kids under three who all napped in the afternoons. They all shared a bedroom at night and slept just fine, but the only way I could get them to fall asleep for naps was to have them in separate rooms. One kid napped in the kids' bedroom, one napped in our bedroom, and the third in a Pack and Play in our second (generally unused) bathroom. I agree that it isn't an ideal set up, but it was more ideal than one or more kids foregoing a nap every day! I hardly think it should be likened to abuse or neglect.

I'm no fundie, but my youngest did sleep in the bathroom (only for his day time naps) for about a year while we lived in a tiny 2 bedroom apartment in LA. I had three kids under three who all napped in the afternoons. They all shared a bedroom at night and slept just fine, but the only way I could get them to fall asleep for naps was to have them in separate rooms. One kid napped in the kids' bedroom, one napped in our bedroom, and the third in a Pack and Play in our second (generally unused) bathroom. I agree that it isn't an ideal set up, but it was more ideal than one or more kids foregoing a nap every day! I hardly think it should be likened to abuse or neglect.

And the living room was out of bound for sleeping right? That made the bathroom your only option :roll:

And you are?! Go pound sand! Like you did not have somewhere else to put your baby. It is neglect - have you ever seen all the bacteria in a bathroom? Why not just bathe them in the toilet?

Go back to trollville.

Archived