IGNORED

Another baby in a bathroom :(

terranova

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's unreasonable to let parents have their own bedroom. The parents sometimes need that privacy to talk or be away from young ears/eyes (i.e sex, adult discussions, caring for infants). However, it's also the parents' responsibilities that each child has adequate living quarters. In third world countries, plenty of families share a bedroom or bed and won't allow a child to bear the burden of a sacrifice for the family. I believe sacrifices should be made equitably in a family with consideration taken for the ill, the very young and needy family members. In our country, with access to birth control, parents shouldn't expect to run out of room for their children. The adult thing to do is to hold off on kids until you can support them.

hello all, I just wanted to set a few things straight to help you understand our situation:

1. My husband makes quite a lot of money and our house is plenty big. The house we are moving to is almost 5000 square feet and we have plenty of resources. We happen to like our old house that has limited bathrooms. Back in the 40's people didn't think they needed so many. We give a lot of money away.

2. The bathroom Ford has taken some naps in is clean, huge and just renovated for $10,000. It is gorgeous and no one is using it. We don't actually need it. It is the quietest room in the house and I prize my babies being able to get quality, uninterrupted sleep. I wear my baby, but he also enjoys quiet naps in a crib.

3. He also sleeps in the library and in our room at night.

4. I am not a "fundie"

5. The Russians actually accepted us for the adoption and we were on our way to get them when a glitch happened in the American system.

Please be repectful of others as you would like to be treated with respect for your life choices. And please don't make assumptions, creating a person and family that don't exist.

I would appreciate your courtesy in the future. Thanks. I hope that helped clear some things up for you.

The most appalling part is that these people claim that children are blessings from God. I would not let my blessings from God sleep in the bathroom if I believed in such things, because that would just be downright disrespectful of God's gift. Even not believing that, it would never occur to me to let a child sleep in the bathroom and I can't imagine what sick mind thought of that. If for some reason, I really did not have enough bedroom space for all my children and I was not willing to give up my own bedroom space (which would be incredibly selfish) I would let my child sleep in the den, the living room, the dining room, or even the fucking kitchen before it would even occur to me to use the bathroom. Even if it was perfectly sanitary, why would I put my baby to sleep in a room that people use all the time and often need to use without warning that can often be really humid (if the shower's been running) or smell really unpleasant.

My point being, in addition to all the wise things you guys have said about why this is ridiculous, even if someone refused to see why the baby should be in a bedroom and they should be the ones to sacrifice, the bathroom is still the last room in my house that I would choose for a baby to sleep.

Also, the moderator made my tagline say "you're all going to hell" as a measure of courtesy and kindness.

That's just the default for everybody under 10 (?) posts, because a lot of the people with only a few posts come here to tell us that.

Also, the moderator made my tagline say "you're all going to hell" as a measure of courtesy and kindness.

We all started with the tagline "You're all going to hell" -- you're not special. Once you get up to 10 posts, that'll change.

What makes me laugh, is it's always the fundie trolls that complain about this line, which makes me think that it strikes a nerve.

All the new posters get that tagline.

Look, I don't care how much money you spent on that bathroom. If your house is "quite big" you surely should be able to find another room for your kid that's not a bathroom.

As far as the title goes, how arrogant and silly is it to assume that the moderators were waiting for you to join just so they could add a custom title for you on your very first post, before you'd even said anything? I mean, really, I've heard of magical modding powers, but that's just ridiculous! Think before you speak, for crying out loud!

Fundie Friday comes early!

No sweetheart, back in the 40s, people didn't have money to route plumbing through entire houses for multiple bathrooms, especially if it was an already standing structure. They didn't necessarily not WANT more bathrooms, that's absurd! And if you have a library, why is it that he needs to sleep in a bathroom at all? Good Lord!

In a 5000 sq ft house you must keep children in the crapper?

I originally thought you should stop having children because you are out of space. Now I think you should stop having them because you are out of common sense.

Fundie Friday comes early!

No sweetheart, back in the 40s, people didn't have money to route plumbing through entire houses for multiple bathrooms, especially if it was an already standing structure. They didn't necessarily not WANT more bathrooms, that's absurd! And if you have a library, why is it that he needs to sleep in a bathroom at all? Good Lord!

Well she says it's because her baby is a speshul snowflake and needs absolute silence to sleep. Perhaps she just hasn't figured out that the rest of the passel of kids can be taught to use their indoor voices while the baby sleeps? And by "taught", I DON'T mean "beaten with plumbing line", rather I mean "have courtesy explained to them in an age-appropriate manner". Maybe?

Well, my decision has been made. We just added a second bathroom with a clawfoot tub and I have decided it shall be my new boudoir. I am a special snowflake who gets woken up by cat fighting at 4am every night, so this IS the best plan don't you think? Great plan, thanks for the idea.

Get your kid out of the bathroom weirdo.

If she has the bedrooms and now the bathrooms filled, where is she going to cram in all these other kids she plans to spawn or adopt?

Also, it makes no sense to spend an enormous amount of money on a bathroom remodel when what you really need is another bedroom.

"I don't treat my children like crap because we are poor; I do it by choice!!!" That argument does not work here.

Aww, she closed it to invited readers only. I never got to see bathtub baby. :(

I figured that would happen. She said that she wasn't fundie, I got the vibe that they were possibly fundie lite or evangelical types.

hello all, I just wanted to set a few things straight to help you understand our situation:

1. My husband makes quite a lot of money and our house is plenty big. The house we are moving to is almost 5000 square feet and we have plenty of resources. We happen to like our old house that has limited bathrooms. Back in the 40's people didn't think they needed so many. We give a lot of money away.

2. The bathroom Ford has taken some naps in is clean, huge and just renovated for $10,000. It is gorgeous and no one is using it. We don't actually need it. It is the quietest room in the house and I prize my babies being able to get quality, uninterrupted sleep. I wear my baby, but he also enjoys quiet naps in a crib.

4. I am not a "fundie"

5. The Russians actually accepted us for the adoption and we were on our way to get them when a glitch happened in the American system.

Please be repectful of others as you would like to be treated with respect for your life choices. And please don't make assumptions, creating a person and family that don't exist.

I would appreciate your courtesy in the future. Thanks. I hope that helped clear some things up for you.

I hope my post didnt offend you. Sleeping in a bathroom, even if its very clean seems like cold for a baby, but im happy to read that he/she sleeps with you too. Good luck with the new house.

About the adoption i actually hope that you can adopt sometime. Being in a home with a family its better than being in an orphanage in some countries. Im sure that the kids will be happy to share a room.

Aww, she closed it to invited readers only. I never got to see bathtub baby. :(

ohh thats sad, i was planing to reeding it today, yesterday just took a look of it and it seem like a good blog with lots of photos but i was too tired to read that much in english :(

If i find a fundie/interesting blog i definitely not going to share it with the forum :lol:

You have a baby sleeping in the bathroom!!! Would you sleep in the bathroom? If CPS came to visit would you tell them you put baby in the bathroom to sleep?

The font on this blog makes my head hurt - like her computer ran out of ink somehow. Or am I just becoming an old hag?

No old haggery on your part, MrsKay. The font, like Baby Ford's sleeping place, stinks!

Fortunately we won't be subjected to it any more, since the blog has gone private.

As if I have time to do such things.... You only get special taglines if you bribe me... I mean donate to FJ.

What she originally wrote on her blog:

Soooooo.... we've had a fabulous second bathroom for a few months now and it is one of the best rooms in the house. And now....

Seems to be Baby Ford's room.

Yes, Ford has graduated from the "snug" into the bathroom. Nothing like a quiet cozy space away from the action. And just think, when we put our house on the market, I will still only have one bathroom to clean and hopefully Ford's "room" will stay perfect. There's an upside to everything, right?

She did not say that they were sticking him there to nap when the rest of the house was loud. She said it was his room. That he had "graduated" to the bathroom.

And what she wrote here:

The bathroom Ford has taken some naps in is clean, huge and just renovated for $10,000. It is gorgeous and no one is using it. We don't actually need it. It is the quietest room in the house and I prize my babies being able to get quality, uninterrupted sleep. I wear my baby, but he also enjoys quiet naps in a crib.

Not the same story at all. God doesn't like liars. And don't accuse us of making assumptions when you were the one who said the bathroom was baby Ford's room.

How about buying a noise machine, sticking it in the library and putting the baby in there to sleep so he has a room that isn't a toilet?

Look, I've had (and seen) some big bathrooms. I used to babysit for children who had a bathroom bigger than the youngest one's nursery - but they used the nursery as a bedroom, not the bathroom!

Does she not comprehend we aren't complaining here about the fact that her family doesn't have zillions of bathrooms? I'm from freaking Belgium. Nobody here has more than one bathroom (except for perhaps an extra toilet). Not people with four-five kids, either. Which is fine with me. I don't care if you "choose" to have only one or two bathrooms. JUST DO NOT PUT YOUR KID TO SLEEP IN ONE.

Archived