IGNORED

Another baby in a bathroom :(

terranova

woodybabyfarm.blogspot.com

Their youngest baby is now sleeping in a bathroom because they have 8 other kids and nowhere to put the new one.

I really hope he's in a basinette and not in the tub or within splashing distance of the toilet.

My response was simply stop having kids until you find more room.

:angry-cussingblack:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at least her post seems to imply they've scrubbed the bathroom and are not actually using it in the meantime, right? Right??

Also, they're married eight years, with as many children. Holy Spaghetti :shock:

Urgh, she and anyone else who lets their kids live and sleep in a bathroom, need to read about the toilet aerosol effect!

Also, what is it with fundies and their love of Aldi's lol! She has a top 10 list, INCLUDING WINE! So she is fundie-lite, yes?

Hang on a second...I'm getting an idea...how about GIVING HIM YOUR ROOM??? If you just have to have a "baby farm" then perhaps you might want to just go ahead and accept the fact that you are forgoing the luxury of reserving a bedroom for only 2 people.

I am here to tell you, my husband and I would sleep on a fold out sofa or the damn floor before we put a child of ours in a bathroom to sleep.

I actually knew a lady who lived in a small two bedroom apartment and actually slept in the living room on a pull-out sofa bed, while the two children (boy and girl) got one of the small bedrooms each. Their arrangement actually worked out quite well!

Hang on a second...I'm getting an idea...how about GIVING HIM YOUR ROOM??? If you just have to have a "baby farm" then perhaps you might want to just go ahead and accept the fact that you are forgoing the luxury of reserving a bedroom for only 2 people.

I am here to tell you, my husband and I would sleep on a fold out sofa or the damn floor before we put a child of ours in a bathroom to sleep.

My parents slept on the couch in the living room for ten years, because they gave up their bed for me and my brother. Then they got some money, reconstructed the atic for me and my brother to have rooms for ourselves once we hit puberty, and continued to sleep on the couch whilst my baby sister moved into our old bedroom.

Spoiled bitches we are, eh?

This is really screwed up. You do NOT purposely try to have another child if you have no room for it.

Please tell me it's an unused bathroom, like TW's?

I also don't understand why they don't let the baby sleep in their room, or sleep on the couch and give their bedroom to the kids. I would rather give up my bedroom and sleep on the bathroom floor myself than let any child I had sleep in the bathroom, even in a crib.

Cant she put his crib in her bedroom or find some space in the kids room, or even let him sleep in her bed?

If theres no room for kids, dont have more til you get a bigger house

I actually knew a lady who lived in a small two bedroom apartment and actually slept in the living room on a pull-out sofa bed, while the two children (boy and girl) got one of the small bedrooms each. Their arrangement actually worked out quite well!

I have a good friend who is Hungarian and lives in Budapest. This was the arrangement in their household. She said it is quite common in Hungary for the parents to sleep in the living room and the bedrooms are for the children. It's also quite common for single adults to remain living at home until they are married as it is generally too expensive for them to get a place on their own. Many adult children continue living at home well into their 20s, 30s, 40s, and beyond.

I just clicked on the link to look for the post about the littlest sleeping in the bathroom and it seems that it may have been deleted. I had to use the search function and it said the page doesn't exist, yet there is a small blurb about the post. The latest post that's showing up is her Aug. 31st post. Do you think she got too many negative comments?

Heres a link to the post from the google cache, but not sure if it will work for everyone?

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=au

Otherwise heres a copy/paste:

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 3, 2012

What Really Matters

Uh-oh, looks like our honeymoon with the second bathroom is over.

We only had one bathroom for quite some time until we gutted our second bath, had it reconfigured and completely remodeled. A water feature in the kitchen ceiling is not exactly a dream come true.

Soooooo.... we've had a fabulous second bathroom for a few months now and it is one of the best rooms in the house. And now....

Seems to be Baby Ford's room.

Yes, Ford has graduated from the "snug" into the bathroom. Nothing like a quiet cozy space away from the action. And just think, when we put our house on the market, I will still only have one bathroom to clean and hopefully Ford's "room" will stay perfect. There's an upside to everything, right?

Although I don't really think twice about a baby in a bathroom, I imagine a lot of people would think... "Although we'd like to, we can't have another child because...

We don't have enough room.

We can't afford it.

There's nowhere to put a nursery..."

Honestly, when we had Ford, I wasn't really sure where we'd put him. But a new life is not about a nursery. It's not about fluffy crib skirts and matching bumper pads. It's not about cute little lamps and pictures on the wall. None of these things is bad...

but if it's the thing that stops you from giving life to another little God-image-bearing creature to love and to cherish...

Well, don't let that stop you.

Baby Ford is just as loved, just as held, just as cared for as can be. And he is just as eternal of a being. We are grateful to the loving and good God who owns all things and gives us more than we need to love and care for these little ones.

He knows our needs. Do we?

If you have to put your kid in the bathroom, YOU HAVE TOO MANY KIDS!. And most parents I know would give up their own room before doing something like that. Yes, all that fancy stuff isn't necessary for a baby, like matching things or wall pictures, but any child deserves to sleep in a room without a toilet in it. It's not very loving and cherishing to stick the kid in the bathroom. The post sounded too God will provide for my liking. Well...God isn't providing, other than the brain he gave you to tell you if you have nowhere to put any more babies, don't purposefully have another one.

Children really are just commodities to some of the fundies, aren't they?

He who dies with the most toys, err... children wins!

A few posts down she mentioned they are getting ready to sell the house (Aug. 27th post). I do hope for the sake of the children, it sells quickly and they are able to find a home that fits everyone comfortably (and possibly with more than 1 bathroom for 9 people).

I don't have children but if I did, the bathroom would be the last place I would put him / her. What's wrong with the living room, or sharing with mom, dad or the siblings? It's a baby, it doesn't take up much space.

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 3, 2012

Honestly, when we had Ford, I wasn't really sure where we'd put him. But a new life is not about a nursery. It's not about fluffy crib skirts and matching bumper pads. It's not about cute little lamps and pictures on the wall. None of these things is bad...

but if it's the thing that stops you from giving life to another little God-image-bearing creature to love and to cherish...

Well, don't let that stop you.

Baby Ford is just as loved, just as held, just as cared for as can be. And he is just as eternal of a being. We are grateful to the loving and good God who owns all things and gives us more than we need to love and care for these little ones.

He knows our needs. Do we?

WTH?!? 1) So if you couldn't afford to FEED your kid, you'd still have more, eh? ...O wait, there's already another thread going on that because YES, you really WOULD continue to have kids even if they lived on a starvation diet! 2) What the hell kinda "needs" does he know you have and how dare you have kids to fill YOUR needs! I do, however, give you kudos for your honesty and admitting you genuinely ARE procreating in order to serve your own selfish wants and NOT because you've been given some awesome cosmic instruction based on your own awesomeness. (And then you'd turn around and call people like ME selfish for thinking I'll probably never have kids and being entirely fine with that.) You already know "good" parents don't stick their kids in the bathroom to sleep so you pre-empt the controvesy by defending your actions on your blog. Yeah, cause that's what good parents do. WTG. :doh:

I can't stand the way she tries to peddle the issue as being about people wanting a fancy nursery.

No dear, that's not the issue. At all.

The issue is that (1) a bathroom really isn't a suitable place for a baby to sleep, since it's not particularly healthy and it's not a safe place for a baby to crawl around when outside the crib, (2) the more obvious solution that many people including myself have used is to keep a baby with the parents until they no longer need a crib, and (3) kids don't need luxuries, but they do need parents who are reasonably responsible and committed to meeting their legitimate needs.

At least someone had sense with the Russians It's odd but here we have regulations about the number of dogs, cats, and other animals we can have on a certain size property. Basically it was put in place because of animal hoarders. Child hoarding apparently is going to need some regulation if people think a bathroom is an acceptable nursery. I'm sure that will be much tougher to put in place, but if people can easily see that six cats is a maximum reasonable number for our size lots and houses (personally five was too many for me - I adopted out the last rescue) then surely stacking kids like cordwood or putting them in a bathroom has to be wrong.

At least someone had sense with the Russians It's odd but here we have regulations about the number of dogs, cats, and other animals we can have on a certain size property. Basically it was put in place because of animal hoarders. Child hoarding apparently is going to need some regulation if people think a bathroom is an acceptable nursery. I'm sure that will be much tougher to put in place, but if people can easily see that six cats is a maximum reasonable number for our size lots and houses (personally five was too many for me - I adopted out the last rescue) then surely stacking kids like cordwood or putting them in a bathroom has to be wrong.

You make a great point Abigail. I can't seem to find out how big the current home is, except that it is the fourth they have purchased since their marriage. Also does anyone know what hubby does to support this gang?

Don't be silly. If the parents give up their bedroom for the kids, how are the kids supposed to learn that they are pee-ons who can be beaten into submission with plumbing line? Making them sleep in the bathroom helps them to learn thei hierarchy of the family.

It's not like the bible says that children are precious gifts from god or anything... :?

Archived