IGNORED

Teen Mom + 16 and Pregnant

DamnPrecious

I just read in four places that Leah, from TM2 is pregnant again and engaged. And there is some buzzing happening on Twitter between the Teen Mom's and their friends that lead me to believe it. Not the rumors from last fall, but recent. All four stories say she found out when the girls were in New York in early December and her boyfriend proposed on Xmas.

I suppose if it's true, she has doubled the time given a relationship. With her Teen Mom baby daddy, they were together a month when she got pregnant. This time, it's two months, possibly three, depending on how far she was when the test was positive in early December. I guess they started dating in mid-August. She's doing it again because it worked so well the first time, right? Not. Oh, wait, it did work...she got her ass on television with a salary (whatever it is it's better paying than any job she'd get as a teen without an education and two kids in a kind of repressed area of the country), attention, hair extensions and platinum blonde dye jobs every few weeks and fake nails and an orange glow to her skin. That teen pregnancy paid off the first time so why not do it again?

I wonder how MTV will spin that one? Obviously, even the girls they use to set an example can't follow the plan.

It's not uncommon for teen moms to get pregnant again within a few years. And where Leah comes from, it's not uncommon for teenagers/very young adults to get married if they've "gone far enough." It's like that stupid baseball metaphor, though I can't really figure out where marriage would fit in. I like Leah, but I hate her attitude towards marriage. It's so stupid and I want to slap Leah, as well as the girls I graduated with, who got married as early as possible.

Uggh. I can't stand Leah. I was interested in what was wrong with the twin at first and subscibed to her page on FB. When she started dating this new guy, Jeremy Calvert I rolled my eyes, thinking here we go. And boy, was I right. He now has a 'fan page' which Leah promotes. Like, what exactly does he do to need fans? Now we know he fucks her, therefore he needs a fan page.

Leah also shamelessly promotes her 'Scentsy business' whatever the fuck that might be, and plugs local garages for business... Guess someone she fucks works there, maybe?

I watch this show, but it's so frustrating to see these girls make the same mistakes over and over and over. :(

The only one in the current season I even remotely like is Kailyn. At least she's trying to better herself and make a good life for Isaac.

She is scum. I believe every woman should be able to chooe what happens with their own body, but she is using abortions like you should use BC. Not cool.

Get the fucking morning after pill you trashy slag!

You obviously DON'T think every woman should be able to choose what to do with their own body if having ONE abortion and possibly 2 between November 2008 and July 2011 makes you a trashy slag. She could have as many abortions as she wants and I wouldn't care since I really do think a woman should have control over her own body with no limitations.

You obviously DON'T think every woman should be able to choose what to do with their own body if having ONE abortion and possibly 2 between November 2008 and July 2011 makes you a trashy slag. She could have as many abortions as she wants and I wouldn't care since I really do think a woman should have control over her own body with no limitations.

btw the morning after pill is not contraception either. But whatever ;)

Leah's mom was actually raised in a fundie church and got married at 16 because that was the thing to do in her congregation. So she was a teen mom as well, albeit one that was married before having children.

I wonder if Allie (is that right?) got a diagnosis and so Leah needed to make sure she stayed interesting on the show. Nobody wants to watch a teen mom fold laundry or clean teeth.

All the reports of her having multiple abortions in that short time frame is, to me, disgusting. If she 'messed up' *eyeroll* she should just get the morning after pill. She is using abortion AS her birth control. Why not just prevent the pregnancy?

I read somewhere the time frame was MUCH shorter than you stated. MUCH shorter, btw.

All this abortion-abortion-abortion seems like a South Park episode (where the boys have the backyard wrestling league)

Think what you like about me and my opinion because she IS, imo, a trashy slag.

Actually it is called contraception right on Plan B's site, but whatever ;)

Probably because it acts like the pill by (hopefully) preventing ovulation. The higher doses is why it's not recommended to be used except as a last resort.

"Contraception" comes from the prefix "contra-," meaning against/not, and "conception," when sperm and egg join to form a zygote. Anything that prevents conception is contraception, including condoms, which aren't a medication at all, as well as any combination of hormones or hormone blockers, no matter how powerful.

If you want a more thorough explanation of "-ception," which is the real root of the word, see this: http://jefritz.blogspot.com/2011/03/ception.html But contraception is mainly referring to conception, not inception or perception, etc.

"Contraception" comes from the prefix "contra-," meaning against/not, and "conception," when sperm and egg join to form a zygote. Anything that prevents conception is contraception, including condoms, which aren't a medication at all, as well as any combination of hormones or hormone blockers, no matter how powerful.

If you want a more thorough explanation of "-ception," which is the real root of the word, see this: http://jefritz.blogspot.com/2011/03/ception.html But contraception is mainly referring to conception, not inception or perception, etc.

doesn't plan B also sheds the uterine lining in case the sperm already fertilized the egg? Then it would be contragestion. In any case it's not any more brilliant to take Plan B every other month, just like aborting every other month. This girl has been having mental problem for a while, and what bothers me is MTV's behavior, just like with Ashley Salazar. She had a blog where she expressed how desperate and deppressed she was. When people (including me) left comment saying go get help, you'd have stupid people coming saying how a psy did not help them. It took her long enough to consult, and MTV's handsoff behavior is disgusting to me. And that's the same for Amber. Those people are like paparazzi, vultures to those girls. If you can see someone needs help, what kind of human/corporation are you to just stick cameras in their faces and leave them to their own devices?

That's the thing: MTV doesn't care. I have decided to boycott that whole channel in fact. I decided this last night after seeing Jenelle, despondant and weeping hysterically after that fucking loser, Keiffer. And the camera went in for a close-up of it. Sickening.

doesn't plan B also sheds the uterine lining in case the sperm already fertilized the egg? Then it would be contragestion. In any case it's not any more brilliant to take Plan B every other month, just like aborting every other month. This girl has been having mental problem for a while, and what bothers me is MTV's behavior, just like with Ashley Salazar. She had a blog where she expressed how desperate and deppressed she was. When people (including me) left comment saying go get help, you'd have stupid people coming saying how a psy did not help them. It took her long enough to consult, and MTV's handsoff behavior is disgusting to me. And that's the same for Amber. Those people are like paparazzi, vultures to those girls. If you can see someone needs help, what kind of human/corporation are you to just stick cameras in their faces and leave them to their own devices?

No. During the post-ovulation phase of the menstrual cycle, the body's progesterone surges, and this hormone surge is what makes the lining the the uterus more hospitable to implantation. Plan B is made of only progesterone. If someone has already ovulated, taking it will only make the uterus an even happier place for implantation. Progesterone is used in early pregnancy for women who have had multiple early miscarriages in the past, because it is thought to decrease the risk of miscarrying. If plan b/progesterone is taken in a pre-ovulation phase of the cycle, it will delay ovulation past the lifespan of sperm. Its inability to prevent pregnancy post-ovulation is responsible for its lower rate of success compared to the pill.

Because abortion happens post-implantation, and often many weeks into a pregnancy, I would imagine it has many more risks compared to a much less lengthy surge of hormones.

Lame I know, but I officially <3 Corey and his xmas gift-wrapping!

That is how my SO wraps gifts. Minus the paper and adding extra tape.......

Leah irrates the heck out of me and the fact that she is pregnant and engaged less then a year after her wedding to Corey...... just...... :shock: I am basically watching this season of TM2 for the "divorce drama." I know, I know. I really feel for Chelsea - I have been where she is (minus baby) and it blows. You and everyone you know is telling you the guy you are with is a dirt bag but you cannot get your head and heart to agree. It is a rough process and I am sure it is expounded by Aubrey.

Megan (Chelsea's friend) getting pregnant - I called that back in their first season. She scream "ho" to me.

TM needs to drop Maci like a bad habit. She is boring - I'd rather watch Ryan work on trucks for the whole episode.

Sprocket - where did you read/hear twins? I don't think that is correct.......

That is how my SO wraps gifts. Minus the paper and adding extra tape.......

Leah irrates the heck out of me and the fact that she is pregnant and engaged less then a year after her wedding to Corey...... just...... :shock: I am basically watching this season of TM2 for the "divorce drama." I know, I know. I really feel for Chelsea - I have been where she is (minus baby) and it blows. You and everyone you know is telling you the guy you are with is a dirt bag but you cannot get your head and heart to agree. It is a rough process and I am sure it is expounded by Aubrey.

Megan (Chelsea's friend) getting pregnant - I called that back in their first season. She scream "ho" to me.

TM needs to drop Maci like a bad habit. She is boring - I'd rather watch Ryan work on trucks for the whole episode.

Sprocket - where did you read/hear twins? I don't think that is correct.......

It's all over the internet. Here's just one place:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Teen-Mom-Le ... 41499.aspx

It hasn't been confirmed yet though.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic