IGNORED

Teen Mom + 16 and Pregnant

DamnPrecious

17 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

David and Jenelle, neither of whom can construct a basic sentence correctly on social media, are homeschooling? That's terrifying. Not only for the obvious educational limitations, but that was her once chance for socialization, traditions, and some sense of normalcy. These poor kids. 

Yup. Terrifying is a good word for it. No idea what the homeschool regulations are on their state but I have zero hope. http://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2018/08/31/teen-mom-2-star-jenelle-evans-confirms-she-is-now-homeschooling-her-stepdaughter-get-all-the-details/

Edit: It wasn’t a gay teacher, it was a trans teacher. The school wouldn’t fire the teacher for being trans, so David pulled her out of school.

Edited by HarryPotterFan
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 3

5 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Yup. Terrifying is a good word for it. No idea what the homeschool regulations are on their state but I have zero hope. http://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2018/08/31/teen-mom-2-star-jenelle-evans-confirms-she-is-now-homeschooling-her-stepdaughter-get-all-the-details/

This is what she posts to show how educated she is? (I know this is snooty, but it's Jenelle we're talking about so...)

“Myself of all people have went to Early College High School, graduated HS early after having Jace, went back to college and graduated medical school, finished Scuba certification, CPR class, Nitrox Scuba Class, uhmmmm…. so you were saying?!”

1. "have went" ... I'm already done

2. She doesn't know the different between medical school and vocational school to be a medical assistant?

3. A CPR class AND SCUBA certified? Why didn't you say so sooner, Jenelle? Can't believe Duke hasn't made you a tenured professor in education yet. 

It really shows the sort of people she hangs out with that she thinks these are educational accomplishments to brag about.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 4

@nausicaa Yeah, it’s like when Farrah tries to sound smart by using big words but instead she proves how dumb she is. And yeah, the fact that she doesn’t know the difference between medical school and (most likely unaccredited) vocational school is astounding. Again, it’s like Farrah when she talked about shadowing a plastic surgeon and thinking that’s all that needs to be done to become one. Those two should hang out. They can try and compete to see who is a worse person.

I can’t see her being able to attend an accredited medical assistant school. That requires actual effort and specific requirements. And I feel like the only place that would accept her is ones that accept everyone who can pay. When I read about her graduating I couldn’t believe it. Did no one tell her that no hospital or doctor would hire someone with her history of drug abuse and violence? They would not be able to trust her around controlled substances. Through I don’t think she ever got the certification to actually use her degree or whatever.

I can see her wanting to be a medical/surgical assistant to get access to drugs.

Edited by HarryPotterFan
  • Upvote 2

After watching the Grace Report summary of last week’s episode I’ve been thinking about Cate and Tyler. (Thanks again to whomever recommended her!!) In that episode before they had a little birthday party for Carly (which I’ll get to), Nova had to take a bath. She was crying for her mom to bathe her because she’s so damn traumatized and  thinks mom will disappear without warning again, but Cate had no sympathy or desire to get off her butt. Cate just yelled at her.  Because why attend to your toddler who needs reassurance when you can talk about the child you have no rights to? Nova needs to hurry up and bathe so they can sing to someone who isn’t there! But Tyler did say the therapist said crying for her mom/clinging to her is happening because Cate went a way to rehab for a long time multiple times. And don’t forget before she went this last time and Tyler asked her to do out patient for Nova’s sake, Cate said, “She’ll manage.” Which infuriated Tyler.

At the party for Carly they filmed themselves singing to her/no one and lit candles on a cake. If you want to celebrate the birth of a child you placed for adoption that’s fine. But singing to someone who isn’t there and roping your little child into it and confusing her by talking about her “sister” just isn’t good. It just seems like they’re so focused on Carly they (especially Cate) that they forget they have a child in their home and one on the way. And trying to force the idea that Carly and Nova need to have a sister relationship must be so confusing for Nova.

Then Cate was complaining she had texted Tereasa a whole bunch (I think she said like 20 times) about seeing Carly, and Tereasa finally responded saying Carly is working through a lot and it’s not a good time. Cate read all the texts aloud, despite the years of requests not to talk about Carly or their private conversations on the show. And then Cate has no idea why Teresea doesn’t trust them...

Anyway, I was thinking about how C&T have talked about on going trauma around the adoption and the weird expectations they have. I’ve thought before that they were scared kids who were taken advantage of and didn’t understand what adoption really means. I started digging into Reddit, and it kind of confirmed my thoughts. They used Bethany Christian Services, which is apparently connected with crisis pregnancy centers, and is known for taking advantage of young mothers. According to reddit, when birth moms use the service they are promised counseling after the adoption but are ignored the soon as the child is handed over and BCS gets their money. Except C&T, because TV!!! BCS has also stirred recent controversy as they are the ones who adopted out refugee children who were separated from their families.

Some reddit threads:

Spoiler

Older Reddit threads that talk about BCS and their adoption counselor Dawn (who for some reason is still involved). 

Some info about BCS shady practices: https://www.snopes.com/news/2018/06/26/bethany-christian-services-family-separation-betsy-devos/

This Post is longer than I intended...I feel like I look like I’ve given this too much thought (which I probably have)

Edited by HarryPotterFan
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

As someone who has grown up in the shadow of a sister who is no longer there (she passed away before I was born), I can tell you that it's something that has damaged me terribly.  I feel for Nova :(

• Love 8

2 hours ago, LittleOwl said:

As someone who has grown up in the shadow of a sister who is no longer there (she passed away before I was born), I can tell you that it's something that has damaged me terribly.  I feel for Nova :(

I’m so sorry you experienced this. 

Cate is so infuriating. She talks about the trauma she experienced being raised by April, then dumps Nova at April’s house and ignores her. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

@HarryPotterFan I remember watching the episodes when they were pregnant with Nova whilst Mum was in the room.  They were talking about how they will never compare Nova to Carly etc. etc. and Mum piped up saying "We never did that with you and (sister)" - I pretty much choked on my tea.  Seriously, all she ever did was compare me! It took me years to get on top of my "I'm a replacement" warped way of thinking... 

• Love 3

Bethany is awful. They are taking kids at the border and putting them up for adoption. They're also known to lie to birth mothers. Caitlyn and Tyler were lied to by Dawn. I knew it before they knew it. Adoption isn't co parenting. At this point, it's best if Carly is not talked about on the show and communication is cut.  She is almost 10 years old. Old enough to understand a whole lot. Caitlyn and Tyler doesn't respect boundaries. For me as an adoptive parent, that's concerning. 

Jenelle is a hot ass mess. Someone on another forum said David is going to kill her. My heart breaks for the kids. Where is CPS when you need them? 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

@Toothfairy Some people on Reddit think that Brandon and Teresea probably want to close the adoption at this point, but are afraid of how Cate and Ty’s fans will react. 

I think C & T have no concept of how regular, working adults don’t want to be tied to reality TV show drama. Or that some people want their children to have privacy and not get recognized on the street C & T’s drama could end up gossip with coworkers, bosses, neighbors, etc. Imagine if Brandon was up for a big promotion, but the company didn’t want to be associated with Teen Mom. Or if Carly got bullied. Their worlds are miles apart.

C & T definitely got taken advantage of by Bethany. But it’s been 10 years, it’s time for them to realize they were lied to, accept reality, and redirect their anger at B & T to Bethany. 

And yeah, David is a scary, violent man.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

@Toothfairy Some people on Reddit think that Brandon and Teresea probably want to close the adoption at this point, but are afraid of how Cate and Ty’s fans will react. 

I think C & T have no concept of how regular, working adults don’t want to be tied to reality TV show drama. Or that some people want their children to have privacy and not get recognized on the street C & T’s drama could end up gossip with coworkers, bosses, neighbors, etc. Imagine if Brandon was up for a big promotion, but the company didn’t want to be associated with Teen Mom. Or if Carly got bullied. Their worlds are miles apart.

C & T definitely got taken advantage of by Bethany. But it’s been 10 years, it’s time for them to realize they were lied to, accept reality, and redirect their anger at B & T to Bethany. 

And yeah, David is a scary, violent man.

Yes, Dawn did mislead them. The sad truth is this is verycommon. Adoption is also a big business. She saw it from the business side. I think Carly's adoption should be closed for now. The children are almost 10 years old and will be teens in the next few years. These parents pimped out their kids for a quick buck. I'm happy Carly can have a real normal life. Just imagine how kids treat Jace or Bentley. Kids can be mean. I think Catelyn and Tyler think adoption meant co parenting. At this point, I think they do everything for attention. Carly needs to decide if she wants to tell the world she is adopted. She can also decide she doesn't want to see her birth parents anymore. I also think Catelyn and Tyler should break up. They're both toxic for each other.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

On the show, Catelyn and Tyler will separate for a month. Unbelievable how detached Cate seems to be from Nova...and everything else. 

• Upvote 2

Unfortunately mental health issues such as depression and anxiety either cause you to detach from others as a way of protecting yourself or to protect the other person.

When you’re mind is not able to care for you, it can’t care for another person. It’s just not possible. Most habit type actions (cleaning, diapering, feeding) can be done out of routine. Being present in that moment isn’t going to happen.

• Upvote 1

I'm behind on Teen Mom OG because I'm in the UK.... but I read a recap that Catelynn and Tyler are having a month separation? Is that true??? 

On 12/4/2018 at 3:30 AM, LittleOwl said:

I'm behind on Teen Mom OG because I'm in the UK.... but I read a recap that Catelynn and Tyler are having a month separation? Is that true??? 

Yeah, they are. I think it’s happenig now. They said on the show it would be after they finished fixing up the octagon house or something. So that took a few months.

• Thank You 2

On 12/2/2018 at 3:10 PM, Justme131 said:

Unfortunately mental health issues such as depression and anxiety either cause you to detach from others as a way of protecting yourself or to protect the other person.

When you’re mind is not able to care for you, it can’t care for another person. It’s just not possible. Most habit type actions (cleaning, diapering, feeding) can be done out of routine. Being present in that moment isn’t going to happen.

I just feel so sad for Nova. When I've been depressed ( I am going through it now to be honest ) either I pushed people away, or I was extremely needy. 

I wish the family the best. I don't follow Cate and Tyler on social media, so I don't know how things are now. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Sky with diamonds said:

I just feel so sad for Nova. When I've been depressed ( I am going through it now to be honest ) either I pushed people away, or I was extremely needy. 

I wish the family the best. I don't follow Cate and Tyler on social media, so I don't know how things are now. 

I don’t know what you’re going through, but try to be kind to yourself and remember that you’re doing a fantastic job. I hope you’re feeling better soon!

• Love 3

10 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I don’t know what you’re going through, but try to be kind to yourself and remember that you’re doing a fantastic job. I hope you’re feeling better soon!

Simply put, it's been a very difficult year. Not to sound overly dramatic, but the worst year of my life. My father is terminally ill right now, and that is what is causing me the most heartache right now. 

You have no idea how much your words mean to me here, thank you ??

• Love 6

Well this is terrifying. http://m.tmz.com/2018/12/14/jenelle-evans-husband-david-eason-gun-videos-secret-service-trump-bump-stocks-teen-mom/

Jenelle’s husband posted a video about secret service showing up to his house and proceeds to threaten anyone who shows up to his property and shows off his ammo and gun collection.

Edited to add: 

Edit 2: http://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2018/12/14/jenelle-evans-husband-david-eason-visited-by-secret-service-over-gun-video-threatens-to-shoot-anyone-who-steps-foot-on-the-land-watch-the-scary-videos/

Edited by HarryPotterFan
  • Upvote 1
  • WTF 2

28 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Well this is terrifying. http://m.tmz.com/2018/12/14/jenelle-evans-husband-david-eason-gun-videos-secret-service-trump-bump-stocks-teen-mom/

Jenelle’s husband posted a video about secret service showing up to his house and proceeds to threaten anyone who shows up to his property and shows off his ammo and gun collection.

That guy scares me, even though I'm nowhere near him.  Yikes. 

Thank you for your post above, I try, I feel like a failure today. I wish I could make everything better for many people. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

10 minutes ago, Sky with diamonds said:

That guy scares me, even though I'm nowhere near him.  Yikes. 

Thank you for your post above, I try, I feel like a failure today. I wish I could make everything better for many people. 

Yeah. I can see him getting into a shoot out with law enforcement. Someone needs to save those kids.

I’m sorry things are so tough. I hope tomorrow is better. Even if it’s just a little bit better than today.

• Love 1

Oh wow. Just wow.  He seriously is unhinged, isn't he. I just don't know where to start with this shitshow of a man. 

@Sky with diamonds  I don't know what you're going through, but you are not a failure. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Being a complete Yank, I'm not usually around rifles. I never had a problem with hunting or any of that. People can do what they want. But HOLY SHIT this guy scares me. How is he even allowed to own a gun? They need to do a mental check on him and confiscate his guns.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I don't have any fear when I think of David, but I do have disgust. If humanity is a beautiful buffet table of holiday foods, people like David are a bucket of raw sewage that someone left nearby .  There's no use for it and it's bringing everyone down, and either needs a lid put on it or to be removed.

• Upvote 3

On 7/23/2018 at 11:55 AM, Carm_88 said:

I watched the show that Sarah Palin did on TLC and I wanted to rip my ears off at the sound of her voice. I'm not sure I want to give these people a platform. They're awful. 

I liked her dad on that show, though. Although I only saw the episode with Kate Gosselin and the kids. He was kind, patient and loved to educate. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic