IGNORED

Teen Mom + 16 and Pregnant

DamnPrecious

I feel weird saying this, but I think that Chelsea has the best chance out of all these girls. Both of her parents are around and seem very involved and stable (her dad in particular seems very close to her and wants what's best). From what I see, she's finally moved on from Adam. I thought she would just keep pining after the douchebag until she was 80, and I had to stop watching her because it made me :angry-banghead: . But it seems from social media that she's moved on and puts her daughter first out of all the teen moms.

Jenelle pisses me off because I think she is the most intelligent out of all the girls and has so much potential, but wastes it all on drugs and bad boys. She's the one I can see going to college and becoming a distinguished scientist. Unfortunately, she just has no common sense or maturity, but I hope one day she can grow up and use the book smarts I think she has.

I have always felt that Caitlyn gave Carly up for adoption because it's what Tyler wanted and she was afraid he'd break up with her if she didn't. She comes across as very needy, and Tyler comes across as a little, I don't know...cold?

I cannot watch Amber and Gary at all. They infuriate me.

Catelynn and Tyler's baby arrived on the 1st. I really can't wait to see a proper photo. Reports are saying her name is Nova Reign but I have no idea where they got that from?

I'm so so happy for them!! This whole Carly thing has been so hard on them so I'm so happy for them.

They are my favorite. I think they are actually very mature considering their home life was so crappy.

I think Cate and Tyler were always a little too creepy for my taste. I give them credit for giving their child a better future, but their unwillingness to accept that she is no longer theirs (ie, Cate's constant bitching about not being able to share pictures of "her" child, and oh dear God, the blanket with the baby's face on it) is not a good sign. I expect soon enough she'll start complaining that Baby 2 doesn't get to see her sister enough.

Finally, that name. Nova Reign.

This is all I'm gonna say about that:

NuvaRing-LOGO.png

• Downvote 1

• 3 months later...

I can't help it...I love this show.

I HATE ryan. Period. He's a crappy, selfish, spoiled dad!

Glad Amber is clean...she's still a hot mess!

Love Catelyn and Tyler!

Maci...eh.

Farrah...lord help me Jesus!

I've been watching, though I haven't seen the Farrah ep yet.

Ryan-I think he's actually gotten WORSE. Much worse. I'm so glad his parents see it and are calling him out on it and seeing that Maci isn't the trouble maker in this situation.

I don't even know what to say about Amber and Gary. I was happy that she's getting back on her feet and doing ok but SO disgusted that she and Gary are flirting again. And then I was really, really angry that she refused to walk Leah into the classroom. I really thought she was going to do a good job now but in my mind this shows me she's still as self centered as ever. Stop thinking about yourself and start thinking about your daughter! Stop letting petty crap get in the way of having her Mother there for her!

Cate and Tyler-Tyler's kind of pissing me off. He's obviously dealing with something and needs to get it dealt with. He had no right to jeopardize their relationship with the adoptive parents over something like that. And to berate them on tv saying "pick carefully." Ugh, that is so not fair.

Farrah-I'll reserve judgement until I see her eps but she always drives me nuts. She's such a brat.

Unfortunately, I've been watching. I can see why they decided to bring back Farrah. The other girls just aren't very interesting.

The one thing I've realized is that I absolutely cannot stand Tyler. He's seemed like a big jerk since the episode where I saw him being mean to his dog (was that Being Catelynn?) and now he just seems to be getting worse. Why post something that could limit your ability to see that little girl you care about so much, just so your fans can see it?

I Wonder if Tyler had some idea that they would eventually get Karli back or something? Catelynn is not going to do anything to jeapordize that relationship with the adoptive parents. Tyler has just been acting a lot like Butch...lord help Catelynn!!

Gary is just...gross.

I don't know whether to start watching again. I always had to fast-forward through the Amber/Gary segments because they annoyed me THAT MUCH. And I never FF tv. I don't even FF Farrah if that says anything. :lol:

Also, am I the only one that thinks Tyler coerced Catelynn into giving Carly up for adoption? I'm still not convinced that she wanted to, but did so because she thought she'd lose Tyler if she didn't. She's always seemed clingy to me, like she can't live without Tyler, and Tyler has always seemed angry/indifferent. I get the feeling he resents the whole situation.

Also, am I the only one that thinks Tyler coerced Catelynn into giving Carly up for adoption? I'm still not convinced that she wanted to, but did so because she thought she'd lose Tyler if she didn't. She's always seemed clingy to me, like she can't live without Tyler, and Tyler has always seemed angry/indifferent. I get the feeling he resents the whole situation.

Sometimes I feel like that's the case and then sometimes I feel like they were misled by their adoption counselor. The way Tyler always threatens Catelynn about leaving makes me think that she just goes along with what he says. The way she keeps saying "I wouldn't mind being married before the baby comes" and the way he immediately shuts it down each time is really sad to me.

Before that law was passed in Indiana, the thing that embarrassed my mom was that the town she grew up in is where Amber and Gary live.

I tried watching it for fun and just can't stand these girls. I prefer the mess Jenelle makes because she is so brazen. Farrah is a miserable bitch who tripped on my friends foot once. I suppose that is what you get when you push your way in front of people because you think you're much more important. :lol:

Sometimes I feel like that's the case and then sometimes I feel like they were misled by their adoption counselor. The way Tyler always threatens Catelynn about leaving makes me think that she just goes along with what he says. The way she keeps saying "I wouldn't mind being married before the baby comes" and the way he immediately shuts it down each time is really sad to me.

I feel she is emotionally stunted with Tyler. Like tonight, she said they have been together since the 7th grade! That poor girl needs to experience some life...

I'm watching last night's ep now and I have to say this- I can. Not. STAND. Gary. He is a worthless dumbass.

WHY would he tell Leah the new baby is an accident and wasn't supposed to happen? And to sit there and ask his girlfriend if he's the Father and then the very next thing he brings up is that Amber still cares about him and this will be hard for her. Really?! I completely believe the only reason he has a girlfriend is to take care of Leah.

I'm shocked that Gary can work any kind of magic to make these women want him.. miss him whatever. He's a horrible human being. I wonder how his condom endorsement business is going considering he's had another WHOOPSIES.

Ryan is just unfortunately Ryan.

As for Tyler, I think he envisions that he can say he's Carly's dad, and brag about how great he is that by allowing these other people to raise her. He acts like he thinks Carly is his kid, just these other 2 people are minding her. I was actually really surprised that people are supporting his plan to tell Brandon and Theresa how he's being put out that he can't have bragging rights to a kid he gave away.

As for Tyler, I think he envisions that he can say he's Carly's dad, and brag about how great he is that by allowing these other people to raise her. He acts like he thinks Carly is his kid, just these other 2 people are minding her. I was actually really surprised that people are supporting his plan to tell Brandon and Theresa how he's being put out that he can't have bragging rights to a kid he gave away.

I can't stand Tyler. How horrifying for the adoptive parents to find themselves in a situation where the bio parents are sharing pictures of their minor child left & right. Especially in the digital age when creeps are using pics of kids for all sorts of unsavory activities. I wonder if they are in a state where open adoption communication agreements are legally protected. In next week's preview where Tyler said if they tell him not to share pics he will anyways... [emoji33] I wonder if the adoptive parents can just take the agreement away w/o court

Tyler is gonna fuck up and they won't even be able to see her!

Sounds like a good thing to me until they grow up a bit/lot. I guess they are planning to raise their kid(s) around cameras too haha but I wonder if they will change their mind when they realize they aren't PR mavens like Kim K and feel the blowback from less than adoring fans.

Sounds like a good thing to me until they grow up a bit/lot. I guess they are planning to raise their kid(s) around cameras too haha but I wonder if they will change their mind when they realize they aren't PR mavens like Kim K and feel the blowback from less than adoring fans.

I agree. He is out of control and acting like spoiled brat who will be the one to ruin it. An open adoption is hard enough on both parties it doesn't need a jack ass in the middle of it stirring the pot. Right now it's just photos, but think about what he might pull as she grows up.

I agree Gary is a douche bag. I re-watched Amber's 16 & pregnant and he has always treated her pretty badly. I think people just thought he was a great dad because he seemed stable during Amber's crazy phase.

Since reading this thread I am catching up on the episodes.

I'm rewatching the Catelynn/Tyler episode of 16 & Pregnant right now and it really does seem like they had such a rosy picture of what adoption would be like. Their adoption counselor even told them that it would "look and feel" exactly how they wanted. I'm really curious if a lot of birth mothers/adoptive parents have been misled by this type of promise.

And then there's the first meeting of BrandonNTheresa, so unsuspecting about Tyler's future assholery.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic