IGNORED

Teen Mom + 16 and Pregnant

DamnPrecious

Please tell me I'm not the only addict? I think that I'm one of the few people that still like Maci over at Voldeboard. Anyway, I hope to actually talk about the show!

• Upvote 1

Maci lost my love when she started badmouthing Ryan in front of Hyandai.

I do love the idea of sending Barb after the TM1 girls.

I'm an addict. I used to like Maci but now I can't stand. I don't care much for Catelynn or Amber. I wish Catelynn was off the show. I used to dislike Farrah but now she is the only one that I think is very mature and has changed.

• Upvote 1

Amber is my least favorite, because she's abusive.

Farrah is absolutely terrible with money.

I like Catelynn, but man her family is messed up.

Anybody see the adoption special? The girl from another season who gave her baby to her aunt and uncle expressed regret, and Catelynn and Dr. Drew were like, "But if you chose to adopt, it must have been that you recognized you'd give your child a terrible awful life and why would you be so selfish as to miss it this much?" (But that wasn't an actual quote.) It made me like Catelynn a little less, and Dr. Drew a lot less. (I'll give C some credit for youth.)

Anybody see the adoption special? The girl from another season who gave her baby to her aunt and uncle expressed regret, and Catelynn and Dr. Drew were like, "But if you chose to adopt, it must have been that you recognized you'd give your child a terrible awful life and why would you be so selfish as to miss it this much?" (But that wasn't an actual quote.) It made me like Catelynn a little less, and Dr. Drew a lot less. (I'll give C some credit for youth.)

Did you see the episode with that girl? She gave her child up, took her back and then gave her up again and is under the delusion she will get her back at some point. She needs a SERIOUS wake up call. I though Caitlynn was very fair with her.

Did you see the episode with that girl? She gave her child up, took her back and then gave her up again and is under the delusion she will get her back at some point. She needs a SERIOUS wake up call. I though Caitlynn was very fair with her.

did you read her blog: http://ashleydsalazar.com/

I don't judge her as much. This girl has been needing a medical professional from day one. Not because she's crazy, but because the adoption was pushed on to her by her mom, who then decided to not go with a social worker to do the papers and stuff and still let her daughter hang out with the baby for three days before the transfer took place. This girl has had no help - like Dr Drew said. She's been trying to convince herself she had to go to NYC to study to get over the baby - of course it did not work out. Apparently she also started drinking. All the while not seeing a professional to help her. I think MTV is responsible for this mess. They should have provided her with professional help.

Once on her blog (I commented several times that she needed to talk to a professional) she talks about how she feels like a professional would not help her because he does not know her. Guess what, some stupid moron commented "oh I totally understand how you feel, I went to see one and it was useless, could not understand how I feel. I was SO pissed for the rest of the day. Who does that, seriously?

This girl has been in serious depression ever since the baby was born, no one seem to care that much except for telling her: you made the right choice, now she's with her aunt and uncle, blah blah (except on her blog where some people bully her for her choice).

There was a possibility for her to get closer to her aunt and uncle and study there, but apparently her mom was not up to it. I think her family's messed up and her mom too.

After reading her blog, I haven't had the guts to watch the episode... This is an example of why your parents should not push you to do an adoption.

Guest Anonymous

I still like Maci.

I like Farrah, too. I feel so damn sorry for her, you can tell that she's carrying around so much grief. I want to make her a cup of tea and some cookies.

Caitlynn definitely has an awful family. Tyler seems like a truly genuine and sweet person. I guess I like both of them, they realized that they would have been putting their kid in a bad situation, and had the courage to do something to stop the cycle. Caitlynn is really immature, but I hope they get through school and get themselves out of the crazy, too.

I can't stand Amber or Gary. Every single episode they break up and then get back together. They are NOT NOT NOT healthy people, and being together makes them worse. I hate how they belittle one another and then go running back crying and making up. And I kind of hate to say this, but they're very stupid. If brains were lasers I don't think either of them could melt ice.

Never watched Teen Mom but did see a few episodes of Teen Mom 2.

It kind of intrigued me and repulsed me at the same time. I know the argument for all the shows connected is to show how much it can suck to get pregnant as a teenager, but it all just seems off to me.

In the tabloids they are fodder, of course, so it's been impossible not to see them over the last couple of years. Many have 'Gone Hollywood' and it just bugs me that no matter the intended message, the message getting out there is 'have a baby as a teen and become famous'.

• Upvote 1

Maci lost my love when she started badmouthing Ryan in front of Hyandai.

I do love the idea of sending Barb after the TM1 girls.

I lost it when I read that. I love that idea.

• Upvote 1

Guest Anonymous

I haven't seen much of the original Teen Mom cast, but I'm going to watch it on Netflix once I get my Wii hooked up, maybe.

From this season and what I have known about them before, my opinions are:

Maci- I try to like her because she seems the most "normal", but the way she treats Ryan annoys me a lot. I basically think she's an idiot for thinking she can do whatever she want without considering Ryan or thinking that it could effect who holds custody of Bentley.

Farrah- This is mean, but...if it weren't for Teen Mom fame, there is no way this girl would be getting modeling jobs, even with her new boobs.

Catelynn- I like her and Tyler. Loved the adoption special (and Dr. Drew)

Ambert- Does anyone like Amber? No.

I like the Teen Mom 2 cast better.

Guest Anonymous
Farrah- This is mean, but...if it weren't for Teen Mom fame, there is no way this girl would be getting modeling jobs, even with her new boobs.

Beauty is so subjective - I think Farrah is gorgeous. She has some of the prettiest eyes I've ever seen in a face.

OK, I rewatched it, and I will back down on Caitlynn. (Whose name I apparently can't spell.) But I'm not backing down on Dr. Drew. I felt like she was there for a public flagellating--and here's the idiot who regrets her adoption even though you can go to prom after! Here's some tough love that will fix it. You can say it's a hard choice, but you can't say it was the wrong choice. I get that there's value in not being a complete flake, and that at some point you should accept your decisions as unchangeable, but I hated all their attempts to re-convince her. Of course you would give up college and be a statistic to be with your child. Of course you would give up prom. Getting those back are nice side effects to not wanting to parent, but Dr. Drew seemed frustrated that she wasn't just super-grateful that she'd had the opportunities.

Caitlynn can't spell her own name, but it's her awful parents fault.

I have to wait til I visit my friend in Milwaukee to see the episodes, but I read InTouch this week and so I know they're doing a Babydaddies Of Teen Mom special.

Also, I don't think the image they give is "have a baby and get rich" - it's "these idiots have all the money in the world and their lives are still completely derailed by this" I actually think it's a little too anti-having-a-baby-as-a-teen because I've known several teen moms who were WAY less crazy than the bunch who, you know, go on reality TV with it.

Guest Anonymous

Beauty is so subjective - I think Farrah is gorgeous. She has some of the prettiest eyes I've ever seen in a face.

I don't think she's ugly, but I still don't think anyone would be flying her to Colorado and putting her up for the weekend without Teen Mom.

I'm addicted to Teen Mom, hence my nickname. I prefer the Teen Mom 1 girls (Amber, Maci, Farrah, and Caitlyn) over the Teen Mom 2 girls. I almost can't watch Amber anymore. If there was ever a little girl that needed to be freed, it's Leah. :( I think she's just so adorable and I hate to see her mistreated every week. Watching them shove her in bed with the sippy cup full of juice just breaks my heart. The only solace I have is knowing that, in real world time, Gary has sole custody and Amber only gets one supervised visit a week. That chick is a wreck but I think Gary could be (or is?) a good and caring father.

Hard to believe that Farrah has become the more likeable Teen Mom! I really have to hand it to her, at least she's still working and going to school. I realize she is the most financially advantaged, but she also has a semi-crazy mom to put up with.

Maci is orange. That is all. Oh and Bintleeeeee is super cute. I'm waiting for her and Ryan to get back together, it's obvious they still have feelings.

Caitlyn and Tyler are okay, but Butch steals the show IMO. :lol:

The thing about Farrah is, she grew up with money so she has *some* idea how to handle it. Her family was annoying but not completely fucked up.

Some of the other girls, and Gary too, their families are like sucking morasses of fail trying to hold them back so bad I kind of wonder how they even made it to high school. Caitlynn's family is the worst, but even Maci - her parents really pushed her to marry her babydaddy and they were all "well that's what WE did and it turned out fine" and she did the good girl thing as hard as she could and then just cracked.

This might be bitchy but this show absolutely NEVER FAILS to make me feel fantastic about my life and my choices. I mostly watch it if I'm down to remind myself it could be worse.

Guest Anonymous

Oh yeah...Maci and her fake tan the same color as her hair freaks me out. My boyfriend was like "What is it about her?" and I told him that and he agreed that that is what had been bugging him but he couldn't figure it out.

I am sorry but it is sad people watch this show it is destroying the lives of these girls and they are too young to really know better.

• Upvote 1

This might be bitchy but this show absolutely NEVER FAILS to make me feel fantastic about my life and my choices. I mostly watch it if I'm down to remind myself it could be worse.

Yes! This is also why I watch this show. It's definitely a way to boost your self-esteem (at least this is the excuse that I give my bf when I make him watch the show). Ever attempted to kick my bf down the stairs and get arrested like Amber? Nope. Ever break into a house like Jenelle? Hell no. Ever get knocked up by some guy I just met a few hours ago like Leah? Fuck no.

Oh and I wanted to add... April (Caitlynn's mom) is 38!!!!. Faces of Meth indeed.

This show makes me grateful my friends who are teen moms have their shit together.

Especially since your friends aren't earning over 100K for showing their lives on TV.

Since the teen moms are earning so much money, I think this show is not showing the reality of being a teen mom.

• Upvote 1

Amber is sooooo annoying. I only watched last episode and she's whiny OMG how whiny she is. And everything is unfair. You hit your boyfriend and it's unfair there are consequences, you're insulting each other in front of your baby and it's unfair that there are consequences - all the while she's making 100K a year.

This is the most toxic couple I've ever seen, and also one of the most immature. And you could wish for the girl to be with the grandparents but they don't seem around much...

• Coconut Flan locked this topic