IGNORED

RAZING RUTH has a new post.

Letgo

No one is obligated to tolerate bigotry.

I could easily say I don't have to tolerate your beliefs, but I do. I just may or may not agree with them. If you mean by not tolerating to stamp out, then all the stamp outers need to form their own little country with a different constitution because the American constitution guarantees freedom of speech and freedom of religious expression, not just those expressions that have been deemed non bigoted.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gil:

Let's get one thing straight, I could care less about being liked. Being liked is for conformist fifth graders. As to your choice of coarse words that shows your narrowness and intolerance. People who really believe in tolerance state their beliefs, but also understand that not everyone shares those beliefs. Tolerance doesn't mean shutting down the opposition or calling the opposition horrid names because they refuse to bend.

I had previously apologized for getting upset and saying everyone here doesn't believe in god. But I will never apologize for believing in god or allowing my belief in god to shape my beliefs.

I think you mean you COULDN'T care less. If you COULD, then try.

Damn, I'm sorry to see this happen. Darth Daddy is going to use 'abandoning' that baby as the mother of all guilt trips. I hope Rachel has learned to be all 'quiverfull blessing countenance purity' on the outside, then pops birth control pills and watches TV in private.

I fell really bad for the adopted parents. it was an open adoption, right? They're gonna be on the receiving end of a lot of bullshit. I hope they can keep the baby safe from it.

I could easily say I don't have to tolerate your beliefs, but I do. I just may or may not agree with them. If you mean by not tolerating to stamp out, then all the stamp outers need to form their own little country with a different constitution because the American constitution guarantees freedom of speech and freedom of religious expression, not just those expressions that have been deemed non bigoted.

Listen, have you ever heard of Christian privelage? We don't have to tolerate your beliefs because people who're Christian, yes Christian like you even though they have different beliefs are Christian, persecuted people more than others have persecuted you, and try to put in laws such as anti-abortion and screening of Muslims of airports at airports because ignorant Christians believe that all Muslims are terrorists. We don't have to tolerate your religion trying to take over our lives through the conservative party and the Vatican trying to control womens' bodies.

I don't have anything original to say. I think its sad that Rachel went back, but I think she'll eventually break free one day. It took a lot of guts to run away and put the baby up for adoption so I've got a lot of hope for her. She did right by her baby and that shows a lot of character.

Archived