IGNORED

RAZING RUTH has a new post.

Letgo

It's disheartening to hear this. I can only hold out the hope that she will be able to use some of the skills she learned "out here" to try again once she's stronger.

Hang in there, Ruth. We're still rooting for you!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am very sad to hear this. Ruth, you did a great thing by helping your sister out in her time of need, and I am hopeful that the seeds of independence that you planted in your sister will eventually blossom.

Sad to read this. However, Ruth seems to be taking the right steps for herself and doing ok. I hope the refurbished laptop holds up and she updates more now.

Sad news. As many of you have already said, perhaps suddenly having to make all of her own decisions was just too overwhelming. It's understandable, but I hope, for her sake, that she sees nothing has changed at home, and finds the strength to leave again.

Ruth, if you're reading this, know that I'm keeping both you and Rachel in my thoughts.

http://www.childsworld.ca.gov/pg1302.htm Not breaking the link because it is an official government document.

Since Ellie was born on March 27th, the adoption should have been final awhile ago...Thank god for some small miracles.

What a relief. I thought the birth mother had more time to reconsider. So glad she's out of Darth's grip, even if Rachel couldn't find the strength to stay in the real world. Hopefully, she'll try again and be successful.

A lot of times people leave, go back, leave, go back, until they make the final jump. Didn't Elissa Wall do that? I've seen it wiht fundie acquaintances, too (or if they joined as adults, they jump from cult to cult for a while before they get actually free.)

Another one who is so sad to hear this. I would hope she could have been stronger.

I don't think it's fair to say that Rachel had a moral failing. Sometimes it can take an abused person 1, 2, 3, even more times to leave an abusive relationship. And Rachel's been in that relationship her entire life and it has completely defined her worldviews. Rachel has had a setback but I hope she will leave and it will be for good. I can't imagine her family will treat her very well. They will probably try and punish and control her even more.

I wonder if they will create some narrative where she was raped (although to be fair, we don't know the circumstances of how Rachel became pregnant, it might have been nonconsensual :cry: ) and Ruth was the evil influence.

I wonder if they will create some narrative where she was raped (although to be fair, we don't know the circumstances of how Rachel became pregnant, it might have been nonconsensual :cry: ) and Ruth was the evil influence.

Ruth said on a thread in March that it wasn't rape, but didn't go into details as it was her sister's story to tell, not hers. It comes up if you Google "razing ruth."

I have been reading Razing Ruth's blog for a couple hours now. I am glad she left. I am sorry, but not surprised, that her sister Rachel went back into the life. I hope she leaves for good one day.

Guest Anonymous
I have been reading Razing Ruth's blog for a couple hours now. I am glad she left. I am sorry, but not surprised, that her sister Rachel went back into the life. I hope she leaves for good one day.

Oh, you again. Go fuck yourself.

**ETA: You're still a disgusting bigot.

* pats scarygirl on the head * What a good pet you are, sweetie! You found your way home again! Here, have a treat. ;) :animals-cat: I hope Rachel leaves. She deserves a father who is accepting and kind, which is unlike this fundie.

"Maybe if I reply generically enough, they'll like me!"

have a big gay fuck you!

have a big gay fuck you!

Gil, would you have the honor of babysitting her when I'm asleep/not here? I will give you free cookies. :P

Gil, would you have the honor of babysitting her when I'm asleep/not here? I will give you free cookies. :P

Of course! I'll have the plumbing line on hand just in case.

Of course! I'll have the plumbing line on hand just in case.

I hope you don't mind *whispers le gasp * Oreos? :o You may give some to scarygirl if she's behaving well.

I hope you don't mind *whispers le gasp * Oreos? :o You may give some to scarygirl if she's behaving well.

The Lord has laid it upon my heart to buy a pack of Double Stuf and maybe give her one if she's extra, extra good.

Crap, guys. Now I have to go read her shit to find out what you're dogging on,

I should have taken the horses in HOURS ago...

I am sorry to hear this about Ruth's sister but not surprised. As others have pointed out, it often takes a few tries to really be free. I have hope for Rachel and it means a lot that she left once already. I think she will try again soon, and she already has a supportive sister on the outside. I'm also glad that this happened after the birth, although I don't see her family even inviting her back will still pregnant. If she had gone back while pregnant, she likely would have been coerced into giving the baby to some fundie couple. I really don't think her family will want that baby back so I'm not too concerned about the adoption. I could see the father using it to coerce Rachel into marrying him, but I doubt that he would even want to marry her now. In a way she's lucky because she probably won't court or get married for a long time, making it easier for her to break free again. Abusers have a cycle and once the honeymoon period wears off and Rachel realizes how much of a Pariah she will always be in that community, she might start rethinking the whole thing. I wish her the best.

I really hope the adoptive parents are out of the period of legal risk and there's nothing that Ruth's family of origin (or the sleezy, predatory baby daddy's family) can do to try and get the baby. Does anyone know if the adoption is 100% final?

have a big gay fuck you!

:lol: Gil, I think I love you.

I would also like to offer a big gay fuck you to scarygirl, one of the most boring of our fundie trolls

I was so sad to read that on Ruth's blog. I hope she knows that even if she wasn't able to "save" her sister (at this moment), she was able to save her niece. I hope that Rachel will remember her sister's love, kindness and strength and be able to reach out to her again when she is ready to break free for good. As others have said, few people are able to leave an abusive relationship for good on the first try. Rachel was in such a vulnerable position and had to be easy pickings for her 'family'. I hope Ruth isn't beating herself up over this.

Now I'm off to read up on this scarygirl. Guess I missed her in my lurking.

have a big gay fuck you!

Gil:

Let's get one thing straight, I could care less about being liked. Being liked is for conformist fifth graders. As to your choice of coarse words that shows your narrowness and intolerance. People who really believe in tolerance state their beliefs, but also understand that not everyone shares those beliefs. Tolerance doesn't mean shutting down the opposition or calling the opposition horrid names because they refuse to bend.

I had previously apologized for getting upset and saying everyone here doesn't believe in god. But I will never apologize for believing in god or allowing my belief in god to shape my beliefs.

Archived