IGNORED

RAZING RUTH has a new post.

Letgo

Razing Ruth's sister, Rachel, returned home after meeting with a brother who is still QF. How will she be received in their family and circle of friends? Will the church "forgive" her? It seems like such a let down after what she has gone through with the parents, the baby, etc. I wonder if Daddy Darth will want the baby taken from her parents now. I can't see him being okay with a gay couple.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another one who is so sad to hear this. I would hope she could have been stronger.

Ohhhhh..... naturally feel badly for Rachel for being sucked back in - but I reallyreally feel bad for Ruth. She almost had her sister "thhhiisss close" to freedom only to lose her back to that awful existence. I'll bet, tho, that after her taste of the possibilities out there that Ruth opened her eyes to, Rachel will eventually find the strength to get out. Sure hope so, anyway.

For now, however, how badly Ruth must be feeling.

And lonely.

How sad. I wonder if they manipulated her (natural) grief after the adoption. I'm quite sure there was manipulation of some kind going on.

I also feel sad for Ruth. But maybe the seeds of freedom she planted in her sister will grow again in the future.

She may have been scared. It's probably a lot to digest...having a baby, relinquishing the baby, and having to navigate a world in which she was utterly unprepared to deal with. That is a lot for anyone.

I hope she finds the strength to leave again.

Oh, how sad! I can understand feeling the need to be near family though, regardless of how they may have treated you in the past... Making a life for oneself is hard, and even harder with a small support system. Ruth, if you read this, you are an amazing human being and in no way did you fail. Please keep being strong for you.

I really hate hearing that. She was on her way to becoming a normal person her age. I'm sure the trauma of the last few months has taken a toll though I can't imagine what waits at home for her. I hope she's had enough experience to run again soon when she sees how bad it is in comparison to the real world.

I lack an account to post to RR's blog but I know/hope she reads here:

Dear Ruth,

Sad but still hoping for her.

Vert, very glad you are out of ttouch w hurtful people.

Big mama hugs to you from Junebug land.

I am praying for you for all good things to follow you!

MJB

I imagine this will be like trying to leave an abusive spouse. Might have to make a few tries before she leaves for good. :(

I really can't imagine how they were able to lure her back. She's not going to find what she's looking for there, I'm afraid. :(

I really can't imagine how they were able to lure her back. She's not going to find what she's looking for there, I'm afraid. :(

I'm sure Darth Daddy will never let her ever forget how much mercy he has for her by allowing a sinner such as her back into his home.

I'm sure Darth Daddy will never let her ever forget how much mercy he has for her by allowing a sinner such as her back into his home.

I hope Darth Daddy reads here: Dude, you run a family cult and you're evil. I'm telling you the same thing I tell cult leader Steve Maxwell: LET YOUR FAMILY GO.

ETA: These people make me fucking sick. When I think about the idea that this man is going to browbeat his daughter over coming home, I remember the parable of the Prodigal Son. That dad was happy to have his wayward son home and he threw a party! Not only that, Jesus hung out with notorious sinners and didn't tell his followers not to do so.

How on earth did this brother get contact with her? Where was the other brother?

I so hate that those fucks were able to coerce a still very vulnerable girl back into the cult. I guess she's now spoiled goods and can't be married off. I guess the only payoff for Darth Daddy is that he gets to say "Praise the Lord, she came back. "Rachel" realized her calling was to take care of her Father and Mother until their deaths."

Because going back, she really has no other options, seeing as any potential men are going to be turned off by 1) Not a virgin 2) Gave birth to a child that is not his own.

I really had hope the escapees from that family would hold strong for her, but Ruth's own struggles made Rachel vulnerable and those fucks capitalized on it. :(

Not everyone is a Ruth.Sometimes 'better the devil you know than the devil you don't' or so it can seem.She never enjoyed being free-she had little money, education or exposure to appreciate being free and having a fulfilling life;All she knew in her short time with her sister was stress,fears and giving up a child.Her brother probably played that up and basically said 'what is the point'? 'what has this got you'? if she was depressed and lonely and disillusioned he had her.

I hope Ruth finds much comfort that while a new life hasn't started yet for Rachel, without Ruth's being there for her sister, with love, strength and support of many kinds -well, that little girl babe would NEVER have gotten the start in life she has. If Ruth hadn't loved Rachel as she obviously does, hadn't given so much of her time and resouces as she did.....we can easily imagine her life instead. And Ill bet she'll thank Ruth when she's older.

So kudos to you, Ruth, you did good by your niece.

VERY good.

That sucks, but I can't help but be relieved that this happened after the adoption. At least she can't drag her daughter Into that lifestyle. She is an adult who knows what she is getting back into, but her daughter is innocent.

Ruth, if you read this, take care of yourself first. You are a good sister for helping Rachel and supporting her, but remember that you need to put your safety first.

They could force her to get the child back, unless the terms of adoption were iron clad.

It just occurred to me that they're from the same state as the "forcible rape" congressman and might have used that as another point of coercion. Not being educated otherwise, how would she know that term is total bullshit?

The birth parent must also sign an Independent Adoption Placement Agreement (AD 924), which in 30 days automatically becomes an irrevocable consent to adoption unless revoked within that time

http://www.childsworld.ca.gov/pg1302.htm Not breaking the link because it is an official government site

Since Ellie was born on March 27th, the adoption should have been final awhile ago...Thank god for some small miracles.

Oh no! Ruth (If you read this) I'm really, really sorry!

I wonder if the outside world was just too big and sad for her right now. She had to make decisions for herself while "out", back in the cult she will be told what to do, for every little thing. If she even a little bit wonders if she did the right thing by giving the baby up, this could be comforting.

I hope that she can pull herself together, get a plan and leave again, this time for good.

Archived