IGNORED

You keep using that word... [accuracy]

Terrie

... I don't think it means what you think it means.

So Becky Fischer (she of Jesus Camp fame) has a youtube video. It's about what you'd expect if you've seen the movie. So she has this one video where she talks about how we know if texts have been altered over history. She manages to show that she knows nothing about Shakespeare. She also shows that she doesn't understand critiques of the Bible, as she confuses textual consistency for critiques on it's historical and scientific accuracy, as well as critiques on the accuracy of translation. The failure of people like this to understand basic logic never continues to amaze me.

https://youtu.be/n6eywjW6uOU

That's one of my most hated "justifications" of Christianity. So freakin' what if the text stays the same over time? That does jack to prove that the theology is true.

That's one of my most hated "justifications" of Christianity. So freakin' what if the text stays the same over time? That does jack to prove that the theology is true.

Yeah, by that "logic" the fairies in Midsummer Night's Dream were real people. Hmmmm. Actually, maybe I should start preaching the religion of Puck.

Yeah, by that "logic" the fairies in Midsummer Night's Dream were real people. Hmmmm. Actually, maybe I should start preaching the religion of Puck.

Mickey Rooney is God! :D

_vK0GxT9z9k

And Becky is an asshole.

But then, you knew that.

If she's going to cite Herodotus, at least she could pronounce his name correctly.

But yes, I already knew she was an asshole.

If she's going to cite Herodotus, at least she could pronounce his name correctly.

But yes, I already knew she was an asshole.

Oh, and Caesar's "Gaelic" wars.

Sisterfriend wouldn't recognize logic if it bit her in the @$$. Why would X-many identical copies of something, produced over a span of years, automatically make it true?

Having absolutely no religious background in Judaism: no knowledge of Hebrew, Yiddish or Ladino: no education in Jewish (or pretty much other) theology; I would still ask the Messianics and others who claim to interpret (such as the "it was grape juice" crowd these texts:

Why do you think the people who produced this book, who created their religion and culture around this book, who have for 5,000 years been studying and commenting on this book

are somehow too stupid to understand what is in this book?

Archived