• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Daenerys

Is this an FJ-er? (One Bright Corner SAHDs)

Daenerys

You think you might make these girls think about their life and then you get comments from idiots like this woman:

Ruth

Love this topic! Could talk about it for hours! What a dynamic time to do amazing things for the Lord! No other time in life can you be discplied and perfect the gifts and talents God has given. Lauren and Mikaela you girls are such radient testimonies of dynamic and fruitful single years. You love the Lord with all your heart and that is so awesome! There is nothing more sad than single people who have gone to school and now make good money and dont love the Lord. Lets talk more!!

Ugh

NurseNell

I thought so, too. I haven't checked all Nurse Nell's old posts, though, to see when she became a mother.

It was a great post even if it weren't written by a FJ.

I hadn't read this thread until someone sent me a private message. No, it wasn't me although I've written something very similar on another blog. I became a mother at 32. I'm now 67 so a little older than the nurse who posted the reply.

Daenerys

So the conclusion to this post really adds nothing, other than an overwhelming sense that Lauren doesn't understand any of the arguments against her own point of view. I still think she is a bright girl with a lot of potential, trying to convince herself she isn't desperately unhappy and sexually/intellectually repressed. Sometimes I wonder if her perception of God is down to a repressed desire for emotional intimacy with another human being. I'm not convinced. She does refer to "heart-agitating debate" though; I hope FJers will keep questioning her! I want this girl to see the wider world rather than sitting at home "educating" her younger siblings and avoiding young men almost entirely. It's such a waste of a life.

onebrightcorner.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/the-conclusion-of-myth-of-no-mans-land.html

I know the myth of the no man's land is a genuine problem because of the outpouring of responses I received last week: some were heartfelt encouragement, some were heartfelt concern that I am stuck in the no man's land, and some were heart-agitating debate.

In any case, you can read that post here, in which I shared the truth God has driven home to me recently: God tailored this season in my life for me as the way I could best glorify Him right now. Now, as promised, I want to share the second way in which single daughters can stop wandering aimlessly and start being mighty forces for God's kingdom in our single years!

2. You have a mighty influence on your siblings.

Mighty, forceful, compelling, staggering. More than you know.

And it’s not so much in what you say you stand for, but in how you live your life. If you doubt me, consider the unnamed firstborn of Lot who proposed grotesque immorality to her younger sister and led the way to bearing children who would be forever enemies of the children of Israel and of God. {Genesis 19:30-38}

If I am indulging in habits, even in secret, my siblings will know and will likely follow my example.

If I fail to praise my siblings, they will not respond to my most earnest nagging.

If, twenty years down the road, I realize that one weakness of mine, one cherished attitude or point of pride helped to lead my siblings astray, I will mourn for the time I lost.

3. Your wisdom or lack thereof carries weight for eternity.

Weight, significance, consequences, impact, repercussions.

On one of my first explorations into our acres of woods, I spotted a picturesque spot and ran for it: springing right into a line of barbed wire overgrown with foliage. Let's just say I never made that mistake again! But if you are a single daughter living at home it can be easy to pitch right into the barbed wire of foolishness which comes from either discontentment or carelessness.

I know, because I have been caught in that very barbed wire. Christ knew this, too, which is why He gave the very apt parable of the five wise virgins and the five foolish. They were awaiting the bridegroom in their position as bridesmaids, giddy and excited about the night’s festivities. But even in that seemingly small role as bridesmaid, the foolish ones failed to look ahead and take oil for their lamps.

“And at midnight a cry was heard: 'Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!'…And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.' But the wise answered, saying, 'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.'

“And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut. Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!' But he answered and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.' Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming. {Matthew 25:6, 8-13}â€

If I am living my life exactly as I am now when Christ returns, will I be satisfied that I did all I could for Him?

The Myth Destroyed

Girls, here is the convicting part: the myth that if you are a single, adult daughter you are in a no man’s land between childhood and marriage is worse than a myth—it is a deception by the prince of darkness. Frankly, the truth is that we are not in a no man’s land: we are in a no-holds-barred, no-prisoners-taken battle.

Satan attacks us with this deception because if he can convince us that contentment will only come with a change in relationship status or that our true effectiveness for God's kingdom will only come when we have a husband, or that true adulthood is only achieved when we are out on our own, or that we are generally in a no man's land between girlhood and womanhood, then he has succeeded in rendering us useless for what God wants us to do now. That is indisputable, while the only question remaining is this: “Which side are you fighting for today?â€