IGNORED

GOP can't stop making assy comments about rape and pregnancy

lilah

%(*$%($*%^()*^$(%*$#(*(#$*#($*#)($*#(*%$(#)$*#)($*)(#*$()#$*

I cannot be more articulate anymore on this topic. Cocks: You do not get a say.

%(*$%($*%^()*^$(%*$#(*(#$*#($*#)($*#(*%$(#)$*#)($*)(#*$()#$*

I cannot be more articulate anymore on this topic. Cocks: You do not get a say.

But, Angri-la, we're just women. Flighty, emotional, silly little women. We aren't smart enough to understand big words like economy or unemployment or war. Thank god we have The Great Cocks to tell us how to utilize our uteri. Until Rick Santorum came around I had been using mine to store loose change. Who knew??

God these asshats are proving George Carlin to have been so right on the republican stance on abortion "Preborn we'll protect you, preschool you're fucked cause we don't want to hear from you until you're old enough to vote or go off to war." Also what the fuck on the forcible, sober rape does that mean it's not rape if some guy slips a roofie in my Pepsi? What a bunch of ignorant asses when even Afghanistan and Iran have more liberal laws regarding abortion.

Also what the fuck on the forcible, sober rape does that mean it's not rape if some guy slips a roofie in my Pepsi?

According to this ninny it means you weren't "careful" enough and don't have any "personal responsibility."

But, Angri-la, we're just women. Flighty, emotional, silly little women. We aren't smart enough to understand big words like economy or unemployment or war. Thank god we have The Great Cocks to tell us how to utilize our uteri. Until Rick Santorum came around I had been using mine to store loose change. Who knew??

I know, dear, we are a silly bunch to be trying to understand these complex things having to do with science, and only understood if one has a cock. I should really be spending my time thinking about my new Bic Pen for her. I was using my vagina to hide contraband until I found out it was my special purpose, not my special purse. Thanks Republicans!

You have no idea. We've gone a number of rounds with her before but this was easily the most draining. This is an exact quote from her: "I'll flirt with you all night, we'll make out, go to the bed room, get so drunk we pass out, we have sex...but I ddin't want to have sex, you should have read my mind."

To which both emmiedahl and I were like "NO - It's NEVER OK to have sex with an unconscious person!!!"

Then she started on about how women aren't careful enough and rape is a consequence of that.

:angry-screaming: I just don't want to believe that there are women saying stuff like this. It absolutely blows my mind.

:angry-steamingears: :angry-banghead: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingwhite: I swear ...just blargh My uterus...my choices.

Considering the state of the US economy, I can't believe anyone is talking about this crap or thinking about anything other than how to improve the economy and decrease the debt!

So let me get this straight.

Americans are only capable of thinking of one issue at a time, and rape - non-forcible (presumably meaning the statutory assault of minors or incapacitated people) or forcible (trapped in a back alley) rape should be considered irrelevant and take a distant back seat to the spiraling debt caused by George W. Bush and his crazy ass wars and his Medicare RX giveaways to the drug companies?

Clearly both issues are relevant.

Might I suggest some therapy? Hopefully you live in Massachusetts and are fully covered by RomneyCare.

Tool.

This statement from the article is EXACTLY why these men should NOT be qualified to vote on this issue-- let alone have an opinion!

He added, "Put yourself in a father's position. Yes, it is similar."

Here, he is stating that being a father of a child out-of-wedlock, planned, accidental or rape, is all the same for the man. BUT WE AREN'T TALKING ABOUT MEN YOU IDIOT! WE ARE TALKING ABOUT WOMEN!

Getting pregnant from a boyfriend and getting pregnant from rape IS NOT THE SAME. They are two different experiences. But a man will NEVER EVER know what the distinction is, because they will NEVER GET PREGNANT. They have no authority over this issue, because it is all an objective opinion, and never something that they can experience. Why would he even say, "Put yourself in a father's position. Yes, it is similar." This is totally irrelevant. Will the father have to go through a 9-month body change? Will the father have to risk his life in child-birth? Will the father have to change his diet and nutrition, or worry about medical bills? No? No wonder why the father's position doesn't change, whether a rape case or accidental pregnancy. DUH...

I'm sure none of this makes sense. I'm typing rapidly out of rage.

Guest Anonymous
This statement from the article is EXACTLY why these men should NOT be qualified to vote on this issue-- let alone have an opinion!

Here, he is stating that being a father of a child out-of-wedlock, planned, accidental or rape, is all the same for the man. BUT WE AREN'T TALKING ABOUT MEN YOU IDIOT! WE ARE TALKING ABOUT WOMEN!

Getting pregnant from a boyfriend and getting pregnant from rape IS NOT THE SAME. They are two different experiences. But a man will NEVER EVER know what the distinction is, because they will NEVER GET PREGNANT. They have no authority over this issue, because it is all an objective opinion, and never something that they can experience. Why would he even say, "Put yourself in a father's position. Yes, it is similar." This is totally irrelevant. Will the father have to go through a 9-month body change? Will the father have to risk his life in child-birth? Will the father have to change his diet and nutrition, or worry about medical bills? No? No wonder why the father's position doesn't change, whether a rape case or accidental pregnancy. DUH...

I'm sure none of this makes sense. I'm typing rapidly out of rage.

I'm not sure, but I think he meant his position as the father of the woman who was pregnant. I don't know if that makes any great difference to your point, though.

He made this comment about a male in his family, I think, when a female family member got pregnant out of wedlock, but not because of rape.

So let me get this straight.

Americans are only capable of thinking of one issue at a time, and rape - non-forcible (presumably meaning the statutory assault of minors or incapacitated people) or forcible (trapped in a back alley) rape should be considered irrelevant and take a distant back seat to the spiraling debt caused by George W. Bush and his crazy ass wars and his Medicare RX giveaways to the drug companies?

Clearly both issues are relevant.

Might I suggest some therapy? Hopefully you live in Massachusetts and are fully covered by RomneyCare.

Tool.

Until this election, I (perhaps naively) thought that it was generally accepted that rape - both "forcible" and "non-forcible" were not okay. I don't think fencesitter is saying that rape is not a relevant issue, but that we should have already resolved that issue and should be more focused on issues like the massive amount of debt we have incurred. I think that the GOP has no idea what they're doing and are attacking women's rights issues - abortion, contraception, post-rape rights/protections - as a lightening rod to distract people away from the fact that they have no realistic solutions for other problems.

Archived