IGNORED

KY To Build Creation Science Hall of Fame [merged]

Visionoyahweh

Yes, Really. :(

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/ ... |text|Home

The section dedicated to deceased inductees begins with the Renaissance period. The list includes Leonardo da Vinci, Sir Isaac Newton, Samuel F.B. Morse, Louis Pasteur and George Washington Carver.

Living inductees include Ken Ham, founder of Answers in Genesis and the Creation Museum.

“We honor these people, not because we believe everything they say, but because they made critical contributions to creation science and to the explanation of the Genesis story,†Hurlbut said. “In Ken Ham’s case, he popularized it and brought it to the masses.â€

Oh God, all we need is a Ken Ham exhibit to snark on.

I bet the GWC exhibit leaves out the homosexuality.

When I read your subject heading I initially thought, "Why would the lubrication people build a creation hall of fame?" And then I came to my senses. :doh:

Oh, God. This reminds me of a prohibition book I was reading where people who supported ammendment 19 claimed that Lincoln was dry (didn't drink). They were twisting Lincoln's historical image, just like these fundies are doing to support their own agenda. I hope this doesn't lead to a "Christian" theocratic ammendment that lasts for 20 years like the prohibition before we overthrow it. And people ask me why I like history and how it's useful: SO THAT WE DON'T REPEAT IT. Tl;dr rant over now.

When I read your subject heading I initially thought, "Why would the lubrication people build a creation hall of fame?" And then I came to my senses. :doh:

I am so glad I am not the only one.

I totally thought it was KY the lube when I read this title. I was like, "lube and quiverfull... I guess they could go together, I just never made the connection before..."

Right there with ya.......

Agreed! It's a beautiful place, but why do we attract almost all the crazy!? I'm honestly surprised that we don't have VF royalty somewhere around here.

I wanted to see the Creation Museum in KY but couldn't find anyone who was interested in fundie-dom like me! This sounds interesting as well. These wacky, pseudo-science people are just so fascinating. Sadly, I actually do know family acquaintances who would agree with the Creation Museum and believe it's mainstream science!

:lol: I thought the same thing

Dammit... Now that I have read this fully, I realize that this was imported from my state. :( I'm sorry Kentucky. I like how only 3 people "believe in Creationism" lol. I'm so glad that this "science" isn't considered legit in the science field. I'm not a science geek, but if it were to be considered a field in science I would be :shock: . Any science geeks on here, does anybody know how any study becomes a field? * Is that a weird question? :oops: *

I wanted to see the Creation Museum in KY but couldn't find anyone who was interested in fundie-dom like me! This sounds interesting as well. These wacky, pseudo-science people are just so fascinating. Sadly, I actually do know family acquaintances who would agree with the Creation Museum and believe it's mainstream science!

This is why FJ needs to have an international field trip day. Imagine registering Free Jinger for a group tour of the Creation Museum. Those poor little fundies' heads would be spinning for ages!

This is why FJ needs to have an international field trip day. Imagine registering Free Jinger for a group tour of the Creation Museum. Those poor little fundies' heads would be spinning for ages!

See, if we ever manage to pull off FJ-Con I think this should be considered as a destination. It should be fairly cheap to stay there, it's close the Cincinnati airport for traveling, the countryside is actually very pretty, and the snark potential would be OFF THE CHARTS.

They've actually had a huge atheist group take their tour and report on it, and all they really required was an outward semblance of respect. In other words, hold off dying by laughter until you make it out of earshot. I think Ken Ham's biggest gripe of the day was the fact that PZ Myers was riding on the triceratops model when it's supposed to be for children :lol:

What the hell is wrong with my state?

My dad was from south-central Kentucky. When he was in grammar school back in the 30s, a group of preachers came in and basically, as he put it, "rammed religion down our throats". He absolutely hated that! If he were alive, he'd want to know what was wrong with Kentucky, too.

Sorry. I searched before posting.

Wasn't complaining, more like apologizing that I couldn't find the other thread. Hard to over-snark on this issue.

I was in the area earlier is year, but I didn't realize how close it was until after I returned! It was a business trip, but I think my colleagues would have been interested. Only problem is I don't want to give my hard earned to Ken Ham.

Yes, Really. :(

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/ ... |text|Home

Oh God, all we need is a Ken Ham exhibit to snark on.

I bet the GWC exhibit leaves out the homosexuality.

I can just see these people rolling over in their graves for being associated with this crap.

See, if we ever manage to pull off FJ-Con I think this should be considered as a destination. It should be fairly cheap to stay there, it's close the Cincinnati airport for traveling, the countryside is actually very pretty, and the snark potential would be OFF THE CHARTS.

They've actually had a huge atheist group take their tour and report on it, and all they really required was an outward semblance of respect. In other words, hold off dying by laughter until you make it out of earshot. I think Ken Ham's biggest gripe of the day was the fact that PZ Myers was riding on the triceratops model when it's supposed to be for children :lol:

When I was there, there was no sign saying it was for children (got a pic of me riding the Dino!), and IIRC, same with PZ. They put up the sign right before or right after the group visit.

When I was there, there was no sign saying it was for children (got a pic of me riding the Dino!), and IIRC, same with PZ. They put up the sign right before or right after the group visit.

Oh, yeah. I'm pretty sure the whining was just KH being butthurt that the ebil atheists didn't start eating babies or worshiping satan, so that he'd have an excuse to kick them out and write some scathing report about their visit. I think generally people were honest about their reasons for visiting, respectful of other guests...and then they eviscerated the "museum" point-by-point all over the internet. He had to say something...

Oh, yeah. I'm pretty sure the whining was just KH being butthurt that the ebil atheists didn't start eating babies or worshiping satan, so that he'd have an excuse to kick them out and write some scathing report about their visit. I think generally people were honest about their reasons for visiting, respectful of other guests...and then they eviscerated the "museum" point-by-point all over the internet. He had to say something...

Absolutely

Archived