IGNORED

Meet Hellena and Currawong

happy atheist

Aw, damn. I was so excited about having such amazing crazy in my neck of the woods!

Hello eyes, and lips, and that strong band of arm, and our hair entangling, and that warm, moist place where only we connect

- Hellacious, exhibiting the reason why people hate the word 'moist'.

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where exactly is she in SA? I can't pin it down. I'm in SA and I so want to check out this hot mess in person.

She's in Nimbin now I think. I'm also in SA and finding it really weird to recognise places in her blog and people in her FB feed. Noone I really know but it's strange nonetheless. It's that whole "Adelaide has only 2 degress of separation" thing!

I don't speak super special magic fairy, but is she pregnant?

Now that the fleeing and survival is over, there’s time to lick wounds again, and to finally feel into the new one we created, that’s been sitting inside quietly, silently promising to be no problem. Our new child cradled and biding it’s time, the time that’s drawing nearer with every breath.

Is she talking about the bus, or a child, or something else all together. I have no.fucking.idea.

I don't speak super special magic fairy, but is she pregnant?

Is she talking about the bus, or a child, or something else all together. I have no.fucking.idea.

Eta~ N/M. Finally waded through her entire post. She's pregnant.

how very dare you be different to all the right wing, red neck, mind fucked bogans out there? How very dare you present a view that is inclusive, warm, welcoming, thoughtful, humorous and so profoundly reflective of self and society?

She has an almost fundie high opinion of her own virtues doesn't she?

Ok so let me get this right. Hellena thinks we're tight arsed right-wing redneck chavs, with no love of life, no generosity, no verve. The fundie universe, on the contrary thinks that we're dangerously left wing, crunchy liberals, pro-abortion and pro-gay, with none of their right wing virtues.

So that should mean that we're sitting pretty in the middle. :romance-grouphug:

:lol: :roll:

Many people think they are profound, but most know not to say so out loud, because it makes you look like a puffed-up, self-aggrandizing ninny.

I was raised by hippies. We were nomadic sometimes, especially in the summer when neither parent was in college. They settled down when I started school and my mother took a second job to send me to a private school.

My criticism does not come from some conservative trailer. I am a girl who has slept in a yurt. I have been a blissfully dirty child and spent months of my life eating only what my parents grew and caught. From that perspective, Hellena is still a shitty parent.

And she thinks her lifestyle is representative of society. Granted, I've never been to Australia, but I guess society must be very different than I had pictured :shock: :lol: :shock:

Eta~ N/M. Finally waded through her entire post. She's pregnant.

Oh, dear. I was hoping that was a metaphor. If I were a midwife (or photographer) in that neighborhood, I would be a little afraid :?

I was also raised by hippies, my parents where super crunchy but we bathed, with organic natural patchouli soap, neither of my mothers sew and we all had normal names. And this lady is just CRAZY! on that note I am pretty crunchy, did cloth diapers, wore my kids, homeschooled at one point, did waldorf when my kids where little, can be pretty nomadic and I think the woman is NUTS! My children are not animals, they are children, innocent loving sweet children, I would give my life to protect them and I am BONDED to my children. Which clearly neither Helena or Lauren are. It is one thing to teach them about nature and be natural it is another to not bathe them be nasty adn just neglectful. This is not crunchy hippy parenting this is just child abuse.

And if you guys are reading this, you can paint what ever rainbow you want on your life, at the end of the day your a shitty selfish parents. A real parent provides and protects their children. Even animals that are mammals provide and shelter their children. Orangutans stay with their parents the first 7 years of life and the mother builds a nest every night for her children. (my kid did a report on these for school this week) There is NOTHING natural about your parenting, your just a shitty parent, get over yourselves and please take care of your kids. Also there are plenty of hippy nomadic families we didn't just start picking on you 2, Lauren your husband MURDERED your baby, kinda threw you in the spotlight. And Helena your Laurens crazy ass friend. You have naked pictures of yourself, talk about lice and gave your kids fucked up names. Your not some parenting guru, get over yourself, your a crazy lady with a blog.

Wow. Her latest post is all kinds of pretentious. What the hell is she talking about?

If I read it right, it was hot and she got mad at Currawong? But then it got cooler and that made everything okay, so they had sex?

And she's pregnant again?

My radically gendered, college educated brain can't parse a lot of those sentences. Even though the smell of marijuana smoke reminds me of my dad.

She's also offended that we snarked on the kids' names. It's one things to name your kids something out there with the opinion of "Screw what people think of it" but it's beyond naive to think that mockery won't happen.

Lilith is a lovely name.

Griffin's fine.

Jess is beyond normal.

I don't even mind Balthazar, because at least it's spelled properly, even if his middle name isn't.

But Spiral-Moon? Seriously?

Merlin Radbod?

And then the deliberate misspellings of Maxamillion and Zarrathustra. Just - no.

She obviously named them the way she did because she wanted to make a statement. I'm simply reacting negatively to that statement. Like the animal that I am. Why is that a problem?

And, Hellena, if you're reading this - please explain De-Ath. How is that pronounced? What does it mean if it doesn't mean "death"?

Wow. Her latest post is all kinds of pretentious. What the hell is she talking about?

If I read it right, it was hot and she got mad at Currawong? But then it got cooler and that made everything okay, so they had sex?

And she's pregnant again?

My radically gendered, college educated brain can't parse a lot of those sentences. Even though the smell of marijuana smoke reminds me of my dad.

She seems to use lots and lots of words while never actually saying much.

oh. my. god. I have mutual friends with her on facebook too. I live in Canada and apparently my Aussie acquaintances are way hippier than I realized.

This comment made me laugh

darling darling darling....they do it because they fear your power. i had a similar experience when I was doing my 'questionning vaccines' thing on a blog....before I realized such arseholes existed in the world (naive). I was supposed to be anonymous bu they printed my full name and location and qualifications, declared me as a quack, and announced all my patients were my victims, google 'Dr Abigail Abbott Osteopath' and its the first f-ing site that comes up. I was soooooo upset, but for every one of them there are 1000 of us....Love you.... ♥

bwahahah. Sorry, hate to break it to you darling, but you are the anomalies, and you do not outnumber the rest of the normal world 1000 to 1.

Well as long as she's preggers we need to get a pool going.

How many time will she and Curradong boink while she is in labor with this babe? I'm saying 2 for a 24 hr labor and 3 if it goes beyond 24.

Who will be the first to boink the midwife, Curradong or Hellacious? I'm betting Hellacious.

Will the birthing tub be in the Coaster? I'm betting no.

Will scissors be used to cut the cord? I'm betting no, because the steel would reverse her chakras and it would take months to recover from that event. I'm betting Curradong will now chew the cord.

Yeah, she totally nailed it. We are afraid of her power. Too bad that cats out of the bag. Oh well.

Damn it experiencedd I was going to say chew the cord! You stole my thunder!

That was actually a comment from one of her supporters, but I think it's safe to say she thinks that of herself.

Ok so let me get this right. Hellena thinks we're tight arsed right-wing redneck chavs, with no love of life, no generosity, no verve. The fundie universe, on the contrary thinks that we're dangerously left wing, crunchy liberals, pro-abortion and pro-gay, with none of their right wing virtues.

So that should mean that we're sitting pretty in the middle.

Yep, and I think the middle is pretty broad and allows for a lot of individualism. Both extremes seem to include thinking only they are right and endangering children -- no thanks.

Yeah, she totally nailed it. We are afraid of her power. Too bad that cats out of the bag. Oh well.

Damn it experiencedd I was going to say chew the cord! You stole my thunder!

My partner, Hewhopissethstandingup, felt that chewing the cord gave him added power and encouraged the growth of sperm. When little Mossfart was born we knew the universe called us to a flowmatic resonance and solution to man's metal on the flesh. I also chose to keep the placenta with Mossfart as I gently wore her until the age of 15, when she was ready to wean and forage on her own. My chakras suffered little due to our willingness to follow the ways of gaia, alas Hewhopissethstandingup suffered a drumming accident shortly after her birth and she was my last and only spawn.

My partner, Hewhopissethstandingup, felt that chewing the cord gave him added power and encouraged the growth of sperm. When little Mossfart was born we knew the universe called us to a flowmatic resonance and solution to man's metal on the flesh. I also chose to keep the placenta with Mossfart as I gently wore her until the age of 15, when she was ready to wean and forage on her own. My chakras suffered little due to our willingness to follow the ways of gaia, alas Hewhopissethstandingup suffered a drumming accident shortly after her birth and she was my last and only spawn.

:lol:

I was also raised by hippies, my parents where super crunchy but we bathed, with organic natural patchouli soap, neither of my mothers sew and we all had normal names. And this lady is just CRAZY! on that note I am pretty crunchy, did cloth diapers, wore my kids, homeschooled at one point, did waldorf when my kids where little, can be pretty nomadic and I think the woman is NUTS! My children are not animals, they are children, innocent loving sweet children, I would give my life to protect them and I am BONDED to my children. Which clearly neither Helena or Lauren are. It is one thing to teach them about nature and be natural it is another to not bathe them be nasty adn just neglectful. This is not crunchy hippy parenting this is just child abuse.

And if you guys are reading this, you can paint what ever rainbow you want on your life, at the end of the day your a shitty selfish parents. A real parent provides and protects their children. Even animals that are mammals provide and shelter their children. Orangutans stay with their parents the first 7 years of life and the mother builds a nest every night for her children. (my kid did a report on these for school this week) There is NOTHING natural about your parenting, your just a shitty parent, get over yourselves and please take care of your kids. Also there are plenty of hippy nomadic families we didn't just start picking on you 2, Lauren your husband MURDERED your baby, kinda threw you in the spotlight. And Helena your Laurens crazy ass friend. You have naked pictures of yourself, talk about lice and gave your kids fucked up names. Your not some parenting guru, get over yourself, your a crazy lady with a blog.

I think that Lauren and Helena (and others like them) were attracted to this lifestyle because they could justify just not parenting?

Edit: Ok, I didn't mean it the way it came out....my mom was a hippy when I was a kid, she did not neglect us. We were fed (veggie), clean, etc. It's the extreme drop-out of society, rainbow fluffy sparkle have sex while in labor cray cray that I'm talking about.

You people are killing me with this!! Chew the cord, bwahahha. That seems so violent though, against their peaceful loving nature. It's much more in character for them to neglect the cut the cord until withers away...oh wait, they've already done that. Neglected the cord like they neglect their kids.

Did anyone else notice that she talks about having to leave communities because things keep going wrong for them? Ten bucks says even the other flowmadics find them unbearable.

I keep reading "flowmadic" as a period reference. It actually makes a few sentences make more sense.

What does flowmadic mean? I only get menstruation, too.

I think she means they're nomadic, but instead of moving regularly or with they seasons they move with the flow of life. AKA they have to move when whoever has been putting up with them gets sick of it. See: ex-community, mother, landlords.

Archived