IGNORED

Meet Hellena and Currawong

happy atheist

Even though these people are out there crazy, and I've enjoyed reading the snarking on them, I haven't wanted to jump in on the hippy snarking myself, as I am feeling rather nostalgic an tender towards them after mingling with a few thousand of them at a concert last night. However, slickcat, I need the spews-drink-on-screen smiley now, just thinking about how SOTDRT and un-schoolers might justify the ignorance that they impose on their children... funny, but sad.

Please don't lump unschoolers in with the SOTDRTers. We are two distinct groups (mostly).

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will say that we have been found ;)

Lovely message on facebook about how upset she is and how y'all are picking on her because you are jealous...sigh.

I am the first to say that I don't always like or agree what is posted here, but I recognise that dissenting opinions (aka different to mine) are still valid. And you guys are some of the most amazing, passionate people that I have come across when it comes to promoting the kid's best interests. ;)

And as human beings we tend to most defensive over our beliefs/views that we ourselves have the most doubt about. Something to think about, Hellena. Welcome to the internet.

After all this I have two thoughts...

Why the hell I did I keep reading after the mental image of the in between twin sex?

And why do I care enough to read her butthurt Facebook post?

I will say that we have been found ;)

Lovely message on facebook about how upset she is and how y'all are picking on her because you are jealous...sigh.

I am the first to say that I don't always like or agree what is posted here, but I recognise that dissenting opinions (aka different to mine) are still valid. And you guys are some of the most amazing, passionate people that I have come across when it comes to promoting the kid's best interests. ;)

And as human beings we tend to most defensive over our beliefs/views that we ourselves have the most doubt about. Something to think about, Hellena. Welcome to the internet.

She is right. i am exceptionally jealous. i have always wanted to have sex whilst in labour with half the placenta hanging out. It is right up there on my list.

If she does not want it out there she does not need to write it.

If she does not want it out there she does not need to write it.

So totally this. So many bloggers think they're god's gift to the fucking blogosphere and everyone should eat their rainbow coloured shit.

I think someone has never read FJ before.

Fuck me....it's like being back at Katoomba High School hearing the four eyed dog and the hairy lesbian comments...how very dare you be different to all the right wing, red neck, mind fucked bogans out there? How very dare you present a view that is inclusive, warm, welcoming, thoughtful, humorous and so profoundly reflective of self and society?

Rednecks, right wing and bogans. FJ to a T. :lol:

Katoomba high school sounds like a fun place :lol:

What is a bogan?

What is a bogan?

Redneck.

What is a bogan?

A bogan is Australian slang that equates to "white trash".

According the Urban Dictionary a bogan is -

"A fascinating beast. The majority of the species are hideously repugnant and unintelligent, and yet they manage to breed in ever-increasing numbers and populate an area known as the outer west. It is quite common to find five or six offspring in each family group, often with a different father for each new baby.

Their habitat consists of a weatherboard or brick-veneer dwelling and is characterised by an early-model Holden or Ford in the driveway surrounded by a group of males discussing why the carby is stuffed and the results of last night's footy (a primitive gladiator-like spectator sport enjoyed by most bogans).

The female of the species, while smaller in stature, is far more loud and aggressive than the male. While the males tend to be very friendly and congregate with other males, the females spend most of their time in supermarkets and shopping malls, using a shrill high-pitched call to discipline their children and contact other females.

Males and females rarely interact socially except during breeding season, which is otherwise known as Friday night. During this time, females are allowed to enter the male-dominated area known as "the pub" and display their impressive coloured plumage to a prospective mate.

Herein lies an intersting phenomenon. Males will often fight over a particularly attractive female and she will mate with only one male, while some less attractive females have been known to have several partners simultaneously. "

And it seems Lauren knows about us too ;)

Calling someone a bogan in Australia is like calling someone a chav in the UK or 'white trash' in North America. As far as I understand.

Edit: beat to it. ;)

A bogan here is someone who drives a ford Cortina, wears skin tight black jeans, a Metalica tshirt and ugg boots and has a mullett :D.

All these definitions are spot on. Add some VB, a flannelette shirt (torn, of course), and ill fitting tracky-dacks (tracksuit pants) and voila, welcome to Colac!

According the Urban Dictionary a bogan is -

"A fascinating beast. The majority of the species are hideously repugnant and unintelligent, and yet they manage to breed in ever-increasing numbers and populate an area known as the outer west. It is quite common to find five or six offspring in each family group, often with a different father for each new baby.

Their habitat consists of a weatherboard or brick-veneer dwelling and is characterised by an early-model Holden or Ford in the driveway surrounded by a group of males discussing why the carby is stuffed and the results of last night's footy (a primitive gladiator-like spectator sport enjoyed by most bogans).

The female of the species, while smaller in stature, is far more loud and aggressive than the male. While the males tend to be very friendly and congregate with other males, the females spend most of their time in supermarkets and shopping malls, using a shrill high-pitched call to discipline their children and contact other females.

Males and females rarely interact socially except during breeding season, which is otherwise known as Friday night. During this time, females are allowed to enter the male-dominated area known as "the pub" and display their impressive coloured plumage to a prospective mate.

Herein lies an intersting phenomenon. Males will often fight over a particularly attractive female and she will mate with only one male, while some less attractive females have been known to have several partners simultaneously. "

And it seems Lauren knows about us too ;)

OHHHHH thanks for clearing that up. Yes my Gladiator IS taller than me. I guess Hellatrix would find that odd. I prefer Saturday night though. My habitat is made of brick. Breaking news!!! It is called a house :o I did not ask people to donate on the interwebs to buy it. How remiss of me. Working on the 6 kids.

I must purpose to fall sexually in-LOVE with my midwife next time. Rather than just like the fact she removed every alternative stitch from my aching flowergina. I did buy her flowers though. Do you think this counts?

I had that post copied and all ready to paste, but you beat me to it.

Hi Helenna. I'm in no way a redneck, was raised by hippies on the North Coast, like your family but retaining an element of sanity.

Although if my parents had had the www to post their 20s and 30s on as they parented me they probably would have posted some insanity comparable to yours.

You are not preparing your children for the reality of the modern world. Many of us hippie kids found it hard to integrate in the 90s, even with decent education. Unschooled kids will find it even harder in the harsher environment of the 2010s/2020s. The world is not going to take the radical change path that you wish for.

I had the most lovely early childhood imaginable, as I am sure your kids are enjoying. Both parents home, in the bush, both of them lavishing love and attention on me. But children need more than that, and even though my parents sacrificed a lot of their own desires to give me the stability and resources I needed in high school it was still difficult. I chose (after high school) to integrate in the mainstream and it was hard. Hard for me, with parents who had dropped out in the seventies and retained some of their middle class values. It will be bordering upon impossible for your kids.

All your Facebook friends affirm your choices cause they make similar ones. I have no problem at all with the lifestyle you and Currawong live, although I do wish you were self financing, without the need for either centrelink or Internet begging (after all, isn't that what withdrawing from capitalist society is about? How dare you take the fruits of a system you despise), but your children have to live in the real world, not your idealist utopia.

I believe the duty of a parent is to raise a child to have the ability to be whatever they choose to be. I think you are forcing your children to conform to your ideal.

Edited to correct typo. Dropping out makes sense, dropping put doesn't

:clap:

Hi Helenna. I'm in no way a redneck, was raised by hippies on the North Coast, like your family but retaining an element of sanity.

Although if my parents had had the www to post their 20s and 30s on as they parented me they probably would have posted some insanity comparable to yours.

You are not preparing your children for the reality of the modern world. Many of us hippie kids found it hard to integrate in the 90s, even with decent education. Unschooled kids will find it even harder in the harsher environment of the 2010s/2020s. The world is not going to take the radical change path that you wish for.

I had the most lovely early childhood imaginable, as I am sure your kids are enjoying. Both parents home, in the bush, both of them lavishing love and attention on me. But children need more than that, and even though my parents sacrificed a lot of their own desires to give me the stability and resources I needed in high school it was still difficult. I chose (after high school) to integrate in the mainstream and it was hard. Hard for me, with parents who had dropped put in the seventies and retained some of their middle class values. It will be bordering upon impossible for your kids.

All your Facebook friends affirm your choices cause they make similar ones. I have no problem at all with the lifestyle you and Currawong live, although I do wish you were self financing, without the need for either centrelink or Internet begging (after all, isn't that what withdrawing from capitalist society is about? How dare you take the fruits of a system you despise), but your children have to live in the real world, not your idealist utopia.

I believe the duty of a parent is to raise a child to have the ability to be whatever they choose to be. I think you are forcing your children to conform to your ideal.

:clap:

I had the most lovely early childhood imaginable, as I am sure your kids are enjoying. Both parents home, in the bush, both of them lavishing love and attention on me. But children need more than that, and even though my parents sacrificed a lot of their own desires to give me the stability and resources I needed in high school it was still difficult. I chose (after high school) to integrate in the mainstream and it was hard. Hard for me, with parents who had dropped put in the seventies and retained some of their middle class values. It will be bordering upon impossible for your kids.

TOTALLY AGREE! :clap:

I was raised by hippies who turned into religious nuts, didn't prepare me for the real world in the least bit, but at least they gave me a normal name.

Did you post it on Facebook Lilith? I don't see it.

No, didn't post it on Facebook, assuming she will read here. We actually have mutual Facebook friends.

I don't give a damn whether she and Lauren know or not.

If they want people to blow sunshine up their asses, they are in the wrong place. It's about time someone told these ladies some cold truth. Maybe then they would quit neglecting their children and making them live in absolute filth. There are no goddamned fairies. This is the real world. Money doesn't come from magic, it comes from work, and it disgusts me that people have to work so these two can roam about in this ridiculous little world they've created.

Jealous my ass...I've got a clean home, educated children, and a husband who gets off his ass and goes to work. When we need a new vehicle I don't have to get on the internet and beg for money or sell my lice infested filth to my buddies online. Jealous...yeah right.

Well, at least in gay circles raw sex is the same as bareback, i.e. without condoms. I doubt she means that.

I've made several attempts to read her blog, but the huge text walls kill my eyes and I always wind up giving up. I just stick to the shorter entries, or read parts of entries.

Where exactly is she in SA? I can't pin it down. I'm in SA and I so want to check out this hot mess in person.

*edited for clarification: I'm not actually GOING to go. Unless she mentions she'll be going to a public event at a certain time/date so readers can meet her. Then I am so there.

Actually I think she now lives in Nimbin (of course!). I was curious too for the same reason!

Well I might have missed the nudie shots but this new post sure takes the cake.

Hello eyes, and lips, and that strong band of arm, and our hair entangling, and that warm, moist place where only we connect

Archived