IGNORED

Meet Hellena and Currawong

happy atheist

I want to open like the wings of a speculum and welcome this newyear by weaving yet another song in the concerto of my life.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is Mossfart still Mossfart?

She will always be Mossfart although my heart is wrapped in shrouds of darkness woven of spider webs tainted by coal dust the blackness that she left me with will be mine forever.

I must say I'm disappointed that you conformed so readily to the unenlightened expectations of the repressive corporate world (and phonetics) whilst naming little Mossfart instead of allowing your sacred goddess instincts and quantum physics to channel a unique and meaningful combination of letters with which to construct her name.

Perhaps Mossfart named herself? That would be the most enlightened approach. Much better than She Who Is Now sebaceousmourningdrizzle imposing her own ideas of phonemes on an innocent babe.

:lol: :lol:

Honestly this is gold!

Sebaceousmourningdrizzle. So much catchier than Hellena!

:lol: :lol:

Honestly this is gold!

Sebaceousmourningdrizzle. So much catchier than Hellena!

That was fueled by a triple espresso and several bowls from the goddesses green acres. Happy New Year Takeii!

You know, I was all ready to debunk Hellena's claims about quantum physics yesterday. So I google searched her blog for "quantum", started reading, and almost instantly got a headache because she's so rambly, so bad at staying on topic, and makes so little sense. I'll give it another try sometime when I'm feeling really patient, but you have to understand something to debunk it, and it's hard to understand absolute drivel.

Riffles

Quantum Mechanics/Physics is very hard to understand. I can't quite comprehend the theories & don't understand the complex maths behind it. But I know enough about to to be able to say that Hellena is muddled up between The Secret by Rhonda Byrne and quantum_schrodinger_equation.jpg

Lol, you just made my brain bleed.

Hey - breaking news here in South Australia: Hellena's "fantastic, wonderful, etc midwife" (the one she fell in love with iirc!)(the deregistered one) has been implicated in yet ANOTHER coroner's case. Another home birth delivery of twins, no less, in which one of the twins has died (this will make the 5th death she has been "linked" to). SAPOL are still investigating at the moment and haven't mentioned names on their site, but a quick Google search yielded articles mentioning this woman.

I'm curious as to how Hellena's twins are developing, milestone-wise. Especially twin 2. After reading that birth story I'm amazed the baby was born alive, but I guess sometimes they defy the odds. I have nothing against safe home birth btw - I'm just opposed to incompetent charlatans setting themselves up as authorities and then "managing" high-risk deliveries, and refusing to acknowledge the need to transfer should it become necessary.

That is so sad. Why would anyone choose a midwife with a history like that.

And I am just amazed everytime I think of it that Hellena's second twin didn't die. I have to wonder if she added a great deal to the story to make it seem more "magical".

That "midwife" is a menace. Ugh.

Nice job on the math, Artemis. I'm sorry you had to delve so deeply into the psyche of Hellena, but the results are awesome.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/police-probe-babys-death-after-home-birth/story-e6frg6nf-1226547334627

Is this the article you mean?

Sounds like this woman should be completely disbarred from going anywhere near a birth!

This woman was the midwife to one of my mother's acquaintances. The baby died on that occasion because the midwife didn't transfer to the hospital in time, despite the requests of the woman's partner.

She is known and controversial within Australian home birth circles. She has many defenders as well as detractors - many home birth advocates seem to think that by supporting her they are supporting a woman's right to choose her own birth, while others realise that as well as endangering babies she is endangering those very rights.

She is invested in the concept of birth as a natural process that doesn't belong in a medical environment and clings to that conviction even when it endangers baby and mother.

I think she is banned in NSW - I know that proceedings to ban her were commenced a few years ago.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/police-probe-babys-death-after-home-birth/story-e6frg6nf-1226547334627

Is this the article you mean?

Sounds like this woman should be completely disbarred from going anywhere near a birth!

The very same! I don't think that article was out last night...

And yes, this woman reminds me of Typhoid Mary getting multiple jobs as a cook, and spreading disease wherever she went.

"Perinatal-mortality Lisa"?

ETA - Lilith - I reckon banning her would be like a red rag to a bull for some people - I read that one of the babies who died was born to a couple in WA, who were so high-risk that no-one local would take the case. They paid this woman $3000 (for the USians - in Australia, this care would usually be free or very low cost) + travel, for her to come over and basically cause the death of their child, according to the coroner.

The very same! I don't think that article was out last night...

And yes, this woman reminds me of Typhoid Mary getting multiple jobs as a cook, and spreading disease wherever she went.

"Perinatal-mortality Lisa"?

ETA - Lilith - I reckon banning her would be like a red rag to a bull for some people - I read that one of the babies who died was born to a couple in WA, who were so high-risk that no-one local would take the case. They paid this woman $3000 (for the USians - in Australia, this care would usually be free or very low cost) + travel, for her to come over and basically cause the death of their child, according to the coroner.

Private midwives for home births isn't covered by Medicare in NSW, I don't know about private health funds, but most women choosing home births don't have private health insurance.

$3000 for prenatal care and the birth is actually on the low side - $5000 is more usual. But that should buy you prenatal care throughout the pregnancy with a certified midwife, the care of the midwife and an assistant for the birth, and transfer the nearest public hospital if needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hellena has posted a new post. Apparently, nothing that is said here is real, because we are speaking with a voice of fear or something. Apparently, she can relate to our fear, but she no longer cares what others think. Again. Or something.

Coincidentally, during my recent trip away I went through her area - and stopped in Nimbin, the town she refers to in her sidebar. In the 10 or so minutes we (husband, brother and I) were there, we were offered pot, and/or mushrooms multiple times by random people (often drunk/high themselves) on the street - it was bizzare. Colourful, yes, and I would have liked to have like to watch it all from a cafe for a while - but my brother/husband were made to feel very uncomfortable - and wanted to leave. :roll: I think we would make very bad hippies.

As I think I have mentioned before, I have followed Hellena for quite some time (since the twins were born, I think). We even were facebook friends for while - until y'all found her, and then I outed myself - because I wondered what she would do. Unsurprisingly, she defriended me - no great loss, but it certainly would have been interesting to meet her in person.

Hellena has posted a new post. Apparently, nothing that is said here is real, because we are speaking with a voice of fear or something. Apparently, she can relate to our fear, but she no longer cares what others think. Again. Or something.

Coincidentally, during my recent trip away I went through her area - and stopped in Nimbin, the town she refers to in her sidebar. In the 10 or so minutes we (husband, brother and I) were there, we were offered pot, and/or mushrooms multiple times by random people (often drunk/high themselves) on the street - it was bizzare. Colourful, yes, and I would have liked to have like to watch it all from a cafe for a while - but my brother/husband were made to feel very uncomfortable - and wanted to leave. :roll: I think we would make very bad hippies.

As I think I have mentioned before, I have followed Hellena for quite some time (since the twins were born, I think). We even were facebook friends for while - until y'all found her, and then I outed myself - because I wondered what she would do. Unsurprisingly, she defriended me - no great loss, but it certainly would have been interesting to meet her in person.

Yup I'm scared. Scared to go and read her post. I need to go to work in 4 hours you know :lol:

I don’t have to read your comments and your hate and fear

umm I don't think anybody here hates her. Shes probably one of the most liked people here after Miss ELEVENTY1!

Criticism of somebodies word vomit blog is NOT hate or bullying.

Yup I'm scared. Scared to go and read her post. I need to go to work in 4 hours you know :lol:

Its not too bad, I did hesitate & thinking about waiting for a synopsis.

Yeah, she unfriended me too, even though we actually have mutual friends. It's a pity, she reposts some cool stuff on Facebook, but I do understand her not wanting someone who snarks on her on her Facebook.

I grew up around Nimbin. On a good day it's all those magical things that the original Aquarius refugees wanted it to be. On a bad day the drugs and crazy make for a really dark horrible atmosphere. And yes, if you are a tourist you will be mobbed by the pot sellers (not usually mushies, the humidity must have brought a crop up), and probably ripped off into the bargain.

Off to read Hellenna's outpouring....

umm I don't think anybody here hates her. Shes probably one of the most liked people here after Miss ELEVENTY1!

Criticism of somebodies word vomit blog is NOT hate or bullying.

She has inspired so many to great things. Exp could be a published author soon you know!!

Archived