IGNORED

What's with all of these Christians claiming to be Jews?

SpeakNow

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'True Jew', huh? I call that a tacit admission that all of the earlier nonsense (with "The Orthodox Jewish Bible") was pretend Judaism.

It's interesting how these revelations about health problems (which apparently excuse bad behaviour) are tumbling out now, out of the blue.

Thanks for the link but, as far as I can tell, it's the link for the first thread about faux Judaism. Do you have a link for the new thread that is about Christian persecution (i.e. being confronted by reason, logic, and research)?

The persecution one disappeared soon after I found it. Maybe someone reported it?

Also, that "true Jew" comment is anti-Semitism rearing its ugly head. I doubt Brian Susan would be making a generalization like that if they actually new real Jews on friendly terms.

Brusan has been delete-happy today. About half the original thread is gone! And it deleted the other one. That is my assumption at least, because it disappeared and I don't think it was harassment/spam/other things that would make FB pull it.

"Also, that "true Jew" comment is anti-Semitism rearing its ugly head. I doubt Brian Susan would be making a generalization like that if they actually new real Jews on friendly terms."

That.

Also, that article about the Promise Keepers talked about making Jews "jealous" over watching Christians and "Jewish Believers" worship together, just like the Jews for Jesus article talked about making Jews "jealous" over how G-d apparently only answers Christian prayers. It's like they are all working from the same manual.

"Also, that article about the Promise Keepers talked about making Jews "jealous" over watching Christians and "Jewish Believers" worship together, just like the Jews for Jesus article talked about making Jews "jealous" over how G-d apparently only answers Christian prayers. It's like they are all working from the same manual."

That's what I was thinking. At first I was embarrassed that I posted something so old, but it makes sense--Promise Keepers reinvented itself as a mission to the Jews (guess the more moderate Christian women they first targeted, like their wives, weren't so into the "head of the household thing" and then in only a few years they and the fundie Christian patriarchy movement are using the same rhetoric. I don't think it's an accident. I think they worked their way down and gave the most ignorant among them a star to hitch onto (sorry for the bad grammar).

I'm not Jewish, obviously, although a lot of people in my family are. The "jealous" reference is the one that has me the most stunned.

Brusan has been delete-happy today. About half the original thread is gone! And it deleted the other one. That is my assumption at least, because it disappeared and I don't think it was harassment/spam/other things that would make FB pull it.

I just read the whole thing and I'm kind of disappointed I missed the deletions. My absolute favorite part, was your "cue Linda...", the timing was impeccable. Bravo!

I'm late to this thread, and the FB stuff, as well.

My first reaction to BrianSusan's unwillingness to use a transliteration that actually comes close to the correct pronunciation of "Tanakh" is:

6n0d5.jpg

Off to read more . . .

God, I haven't read all of that Facebook thread, but what I did read was plenty. Talk about sending someone into an apoplectic rage....

As far as making Jews jealous by having us see evangelicals worship, why in the world would that make me jealous? I'm genuinely asking. I mean, I've experienced various modes of Christian worship, and even at my Conservative synagogue in the US, which was relatively staid as Jewish worship goes, I found the prayers, music and general ambiance exponentially more fulfilling than the vast majority of Christian prayer experiences I've had. Clearly, I'm biased, but what exactly is there in your average, tepid, fundy service with half-baked, dated, contemporary Christian music, Powerpoint slides and a few thousand of your closest friends to be jealous about? I don't care how many Jews, "true" or otherwise are in attendance; it sounds like my own, personal version of Hell. I'd rather sit through a Nascar race at a country music concert. Ugh.

Also, don't mock the use of "Yahweh" too much; it's always been a dead giveaway for me as far as telling whether or not someone's a Messianic "Jew." The fewer tips people give them to improve their credibility, the better. It's bad enough that a couple of years back, Messianic chaplains in the military were agitating for use of the Jewish tablets as their chaplaincy symbol, saying they couldn't wear the (obviously more appropriate) cross because it's against their beliefs. Bullshit; they're just trying to camouflage themselves to make it easier to lure in Jewish soldiers stuck in areas with little to no Jewish presence. The appropriation of Jewish rituals and symbolism is tacky and annoys me, but it's the blatant deception in which these groups engage in order to attract converts that really sends me into a rage. It's pretty much the worst advertisement for Christianity ever.

I actually have someone on my Facebook who is turning more fundie Jewish Christian. It bugs the crap out of me. She not only makes me feel like crap for believing what I do, but has to post pictures of a deceased woman’s brain with worms in it claiming it is from eating pork! What about raw beef? That might have been the cause, but that would not help their plan to make everyone like them!

The family does not celebrate Christmas and Easter, because it has pagan origins. They have no trouble celebrating Hanukah and Sukkot. Does anyone know if any Jewish holidays are pagan in some ways? I would love to throw that in her face

Jews who keep kosher do not eat raw beef. There can't be any blood in the meat, which is the reason behind "kashering" or salting it after slaughter. As for the rest, the only thing you can do is hope she comes to her senses. Jews are Jews. Christians are Christians.

The blood, the lambs, in short all the symbolism around Passover is not an invention of monotheists. Those symbols were used in the rituals of the Semetic pastoralists of the Bronze Age and pre date Moses.

I actually have someone on my Facebook who is turning more fundie Jewish Christian. It bugs the crap out of me. She not only makes me feel like crap for believing what I do, but has to post pictures of a deceased woman’s brain with worms in it claiming it is from eating pork! What about raw beef? That might have been the cause, but that would not help their plan to make everyone like them!

The family does not celebrate Christmas and Easter, because it has pagan origins. They have no trouble celebrating Hanukah and Sukkot. Does anyone know if any Jewish holidays are pagan in some ways? I would love to throw that in her face

I don't know if any Jewish holidays are pagan in any way, but I highly doubt it. Christmas and Easter have pagan origins, because the early Christians wanted to convert the heathens and it letting them celebrate the same old holidays with a Jesus-y twist was a good way to do that.

The rituals of Passover pre date the time of Moses.

Which rituals are you talking about?

The main ritual of Passover is the Seder which is based on a Greco-Roman feast/symposium, which seriously postdates Moses. But, to be fair, has pagan origins and I totally forgot about that.

Hey, homeschoolmomma, tell your friends that the Passover seder was based on a bunch of Romans getting shitfaced and glutting themselves so much they needed the vomitorium and talking about philosophy and pagan Gods (or at least that's what I assume they talked about based on having read Plato's symposium).

I wasn't clear, I didn't mean the ritual of the Seder as it has been passed down. I meant the symbols. The blood. The ritual slaughter of a lamb. The gathering of bitter herbs. It's origins are a spring festival that is older than the concept of monotheism.

I should clear up that she does not eat meat. She used to, but it seems everything in her house is uber healthy and vegan. I was just saying she said the worms in the brain were caused by pork, but how does she know it wasn't raw beef or something. I mean she found the info on the internet and uses it to meet her needs and lead people close to Christ.

A vegan Christian pretending to be a Jew. Fantastic.

I can't think of ANYONE else who is like that *coughlinacough*

I got in to the whole Messianic Jewish thing for around 4 years. I was one of those kosher eating, Sabbath keeping, feast keeping, Torah reading, not keeping the "pagan holidays", anti Sunday, we keep both covenants, blah, blah, blah people.

Then I realized that's just another evangelical sect (even though they would never claim the Christian title) dabbling around in Judaism. They need to go all the way and either renounce Christ (some end up doing that) and become Jewish or just get back to the roots of Christianity.

I have a bunch of MJ's as friends on FB. I also have just your normal Christian on there. When the Sabbath rolls around, I like to sit back with a bowl of popcorn and a Pepsi and watch the debates begin. I watch as the MJ continuously repeat themselves over and over about how Christianity as a whole is pagan, Sunday is evil, blah blah blah. It's worse when the "pagan holidays" roll around. Every other post is a video or an article about the evilness of that holiday.

The thing that bothers me the most is their high and mighty attitudes. They can be down right rude and snotty at anyone else who dares to disagree with them. Not all are like that, but the majority of them are and have lost themselves in this sect.

It also drives me batty when they think that all Christians are wrong and misguided / misinformed and they are the ones with the real truth. Ugh!!!! I can feel my blood pressure rising as I wrote that. LOL. :lol:

I got in to the whole Messianic Jewish thing for around 4 years. I was one of those kosher eating, Sabbath keeping, feast keeping, Torah reading, not keeping the "pagan holidays", anti Sunday, we keep both covenants, blah, blah, blah people.

Then I realized that's just another evangelical sect (even though they would never claim the Christian title) dabbling around in Judaism. They need to go all the way and either renounce Christ (some end up doing that) and become Jewish or just get back to the roots of Christianity.

I have a bunch of MJ's as friends on FB. I also have just your normal Christian on there. When the Sabbath rolls around, I like to sit back with a bowl of popcorn and a Pepsi and watch the debates begin. I watch as the MJ continuously repeat themselves over and over about how Christianity as a whole is pagan, Sunday is evil, blah blah blah. It's worse when the "pagan holidays" roll around. Every other post is a video or an article about the evilness of that holiday.

The thing that bothers me the most is their high and mighty attitudes. They can be down right rude and snotty at anyone else who dares to disagree with them. Not all are like that, but the majority of them are and have lost themselves in this sect.

She does that all the time- posts videos about the evil holiday ahhhh

Before I got into fundamental Christianity, my favorite holiday was Halloween. Oh, I just loved it, whether I dressed up and handed out candy to the kiddos, going to a haunted house or just staying in and watching horror movies, I loved it.

Then I got into FC, I renounced Halloween and all it's evilness and never gave it another thought.

Now that I am spreading my wings and moving on with my life, Halloween has once again creeped in to my mind. Those Halloween stores will be popping up in empty store fronts soon. I have never been in one. I think I may actually go in to one this year, walk around and see what all they have just for the hell of it.

I told my husband we should dress up this year and hand out candy to the children who come by (in years past we would just turn off all the lights and not answer the door).

I don't know, it's over a month away, and not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but we'll see.

Archived