IGNORED

Kirk Cameron defends Akin....

anniebgood

Why do people give Kirk Cameron airtime? I know it must boost the ratings to have someone so controversial come on, but really people come on, he's a douche and I bet he has a small penis.

Why is Kirk Cameron still a thing?

I remember when I was a teenager he was on all of the magazine covers. Girls in my class would swoon over him, but I just found him gross and creepy. Nothing much has changed.

He needs to stfu and go away.

I don't like to wish bad things to happen to people, but, dude needs to get some perspective. I doubt even experiencing rape or violence towards woman would be enough to change his opinion.

I don't like to wish bad things to happen to people, but, dude needs to get some perspective. I doubt even experiencing rape or violence towards woman would be enough to change his opinion.

Isn't Kirk Cameron the one whose character on "Growing Pains" used to take glee in ragging on his sister's weight, so much that the actress playing her wound up dangerously ill with anorexia? (Yeah, I know he didn't write the show, but I understand he had a lot of clout concerning its content.)

Isn't Kirk Cameron the one whose character on "Growing Pains" used to take glee in ragging on his sister's weight, so much that the actress playing her wound up dangerously ill with anorexia? (Yeah, I know he didn't write the show, but I understand he had a lot of clout concerning its content.)

Yes. He also had another cast member fired because she had posed for Playboy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julie_McCu ... wing_Pains

It's really sad that Kirk Cameron is now a spokesman for crazy fundies. He was a charming actor on a funny show. I think he became fundie a few seasons into "Growing Pains" and started complaining / interfering with the storylines. He did get that one girl fired (who played his character's love interest). I don't blame him for Tracy Gold's anorexia because that was the writer's fault. The fat jokes were a product of its time.

Later, when they did the Growing Pain movie, Kirk did apologize for being an ass and everyone (I guess) forgave him. I think if he didn't go fundie, he'd still be stuck with a nonexistent career. After Growing Pains, he had his own show which ran for a few years. After that, I think his career just died. These days, he's found his true calling as a crazy fringe fundie making those stupid videos.

Why is Kirk Cameron still a thing?

I remember when I was a teenager he was on all of the magazine covers. Girls in my class would swoon over him, but I just found him gross and creepy. Nothing much has changed.

He needs to stfu and go away.

When my fellow 8th grade classmates had Kirk's pic hanging in their locker, I went with a picture of Vince Neil in a very low pair of leather pants. :oops:

It's funny because Kirk Cameron is relevant to nothing. The show ended before I was born and I wasn't aware Kirk Cameron even existed until people started giving him airtime. The world just needs to start saying "That's nice, dear" and letting him wear himself out.

Why do people give Kirk Cameron airtime? I know it must boost the ratings to have someone so controversial come on, but really people come on, he's a douche and I bet he has a small penis.

I suspect they give him airtime because he's such an obvious nutbar closet case they're holding out for a big payoff when a scandal finally breaks.

Someday, a rentboy will step forward and identify Cameron as one of his frequent flyers. Or somebody will get pics. Or he'll get arrested. Or he'll go into full, frothing Mel Gibson meltdown mode, and someone will have the presence of mind to record it for posterity.

That he's living under enormous tension seems obvious to me. He has a cold look in his eyes and his smile always looks forced and predatory. I can easily see him popping his cork in some appalling, astounding, can't-look-away fashion, and I do think it will happen, one day.

When it does, it will be far better for ratings/pageviews if there has been lots of buildup, with lots of people speculating on his craziness. Otherwise, the response would be, "Kirk who? Oh." But even if he doesn't crack up, enough people still tune in or click through links to see what screwy thing he'll say next, and perhaps hoping this time they'll get to watch him go Gibson. So that's my best guess why he gets airtime.

When my fellow 8th grade classmates had Kirk's pic hanging in their locker, I went with a picture of Vince Neil in a very low pair of leather pants. :oops:

I had such a crush on him too!

Half that shows cast went bat shit crazy. Poor Boner killed himself some years back. I wonder if he and Kirk were friends in real life....he was a big human rights activist, i think, so my guess would be no.

Half that shows cast went bat shit crazy. Poor Boner killed himself some years back. I wonder if he and Kirk were friends in real life....he was a big human rights activist, i think, so my guess would be no.

I hope that Andrew Koenig (who played Boner) and Cameron were never close IRL.

If they were, I imagine that seeing what Cameron has become might add more pain to the life of Koenig's father, who, after all, was best man at George Takei's wedding.

http://www.examiner.com/article/wedding ... s-together

Why, yes, I did watch Star Trek as a child -- why do you ask? :D

Archived